Old Random Thoughts Thread or OT Chit Chat Thread :)
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 3 of 11112, 3, 4 ... 109110111
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 4:01 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Alright, just got beat again on an item that I really wanted. Damn you zkrusty. :x

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5258702040

What is this pick on bclarkie week or what. :lol:

Not at all, but when harami snagged what I had hoped would be my copy last week (what is that, his 6th? 10th? googolth?  :) ), I wasn't going to be beat on this one.  :wink:   Sorry, I guess I'll have to modify my response on the "When is it ok to bid against fellow Acaeum members?" thread.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 4:17 pm 

Which printing is it? Mine is going to hit eBay Sunday.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 4:21 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Alright, just got beat again on an item that I really wanted. Damn you zkrusty. :x

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5258702040

What is this pick on bclarkie week or what. :lol:

see now THAT is the nice person i am. i really wanted that and would most certainly have beaten that winning bid, but i saw you were winning it and i thought "BC needs a break, let him have it" and what? you dont feckin win anyway  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:

i dunno man, youre losing your midas touch :D

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 4:22 pm 

Deadlord36 wrote:Which printing is it? Mine is going to hit eBay Sunday.

nice one. frank PM us when you do....

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 4:26 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:i thought "BC needs a break, let him have it" and what? you dont feckin win anyway :roll: :roll: :roll:

Hey, I needed a break too after being bid way up on that 1st print DMG, only to see one get snapped up the other day for $20 (as predicted could happen by bclarkie himself, IIRC).

Let's face it, he's building up so much sympathy at this rate that he'll probably pick up a Tsojconth or something for $100 because everyone feels too bad to bid against him!   8O :D

Ehh, maybe you guys don't feel THAT bad for him.... :lol:

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 4:35 pm 

Achizar wrote:Hey, I needed a break too after being bid way up on that 1st print DMG, only to see one get snapped up the other day for $20 (as predicted could happen by bclarkie himself, IIRC).

Yeah, but that $20 one wasn't touched by the great Deimos. ;)  Ah, c'mon humor me, I'm about to be sniped to death...

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 4:43 pm 

Achizar wrote:
Let's face it, he's building up so much sympathy at this rate that he'll probably pick up a Tsojconth or something for $100 because everyone feels too bad to bid against him!  8O :D  

Nope, I am not looking for any sympathy, but expect none from me either. :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :lol:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 4:50 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
Achizar wrote:
Let's face it, he's building up so much sympathy at this rate that he'll probably pick up a Tsojconth or something for $100 because everyone feels too bad to bid against him! 8O :D

Nope, I am not looking for any sympathy, but expect none from me either. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :lol:

No quarter asked, none given.   :) Or for the etymologists in the house:

http://www.worldwidewords.org/qa/qa-giv1.htm

YIM  

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:24 pm 

Deadlord36 wrote:Which printing is it?

Erm, I'd been wondering that. Auction description said "(c) 1975", not "first print".

Achizar wrote:Not at all, but when harami snagged what I had hoped would be my copy last week (what is that, his 6th? 10th? googolth? :) ), I wasn't going to be beat on this one.

$128; http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5239818414

(Actually, I thought I was paying through the nose for that, but the latest GenCon auction copies did have "interesting" realisations. Reassured me a bit...).

Is my first EPT boxed set actually. I only had a copy in ziploc before. ;)

I really should have arm-twisted (=bribed heavily) that seller a year or so back who neither wished to send to the UK or to another addy in the US. I think BTB picked up that boxed set for $35 or thereabouts. (Should still be in the archive somewhere).

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:30 pm 

Ahh, that feels better, I actually feckin won something:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3AIT&rd=1

How ironic that I actually won these off Mike<mdr003>, guess I just helped to finance that Warriors of Mars you just purchased. :) Mike wanna trade, I will trade you Dragons #1 & #3, for your newly acquired WoM. :P

Truth be told though, I am happy even if these were Mike second copies and I still got them at a semi-decent price in comparison to what these damn things have been going for lately. :)

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:33 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Ahh, that feels better, I actually feckin won something:

-> eBay.com Item Bid History

My snipe was $18.72. :?

(cut the margins a bit too fine, there...)

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:35 pm 

(oh, and $36.12 snipe on the other one...)

eBay.com Item Bid History

:roll:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:37 pm 

harami2000 wrote:

-> eBay.com Item Bid History

My snipe was $18.72. :?

(cut the margins a bit too fine, there...)

Never even saw that.  Then again even if your snipe was a bit higher, you may not have won anyway. :wink:

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:40 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Never even saw that. Then again even if your snipe was a bit higher, you may not have won anyway. :wink:

Yep. I was spread way too thin, elsewhere.

$20 would still have been half-decent. :o

So, as you were saying about the "price these damn things are going for lately"...? :)

*dodges thrown objects*

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:45 pm 

harami2000 wrote:
So, as you were saying about the "price these damn things are going for lately"...? :)

*dodges thrown objects*

Sometimes they do slip through. :?

*<shakes fist at David>* :twisted:

Where the hell is fishboy when you need him to attack the hell out of quiltmom on an auction when you need him. :P

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:45 pm 

Heh, heh... sorry, I should've been making you feel better, Brian... Congrats. :)

(One more Dragon #3 than here) :roll:

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:48 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Where the hell is fishboy when you need him to attack the hell out of quiltmom on an auction when you need him. :P

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I did slink one nice one from <quiltmom>, but it cost me a bit...

eBay.com Item Bid History

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:43 am 

How ironic that I actually won these off Mike<mdr003>, guess I just helped to finance that Warriors of Mars you just purchased. :) Mike wanna trade, I will trade you Dragons #1 & #3, for your newly acquired WoM. :P

Truth be told though, I am happy even if these were Mike second copies and I still got them at a semi-decent price in comparison to what these damn things have been going for lately. :)

Hi Brian -

Thanks for the bids, it's appreciated! That's exactly where the money is going, to the seller of the WoM. Actually, I had another sizable win a couple of days ago and I'm feeling pretty stretched right now -

cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIt ... 5243911272

A big C&S lot, including a couple of hard to find books.

If I'd won the Archaic as well, I'd be struggling to cover it all at once without delving into the credit card so its probably just as well.

Regards

Mike

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 3 of 11112, 3, 4 ... 109110111