Old Random Thoughts Thread or OT Chit Chat Thread :)
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 21 of 111123 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 109110111
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 4:20 pm 

harami2000 wrote:Erf, I smothered the bidding then forgot to come back with a snipe :(
Anyone else miss Frank's EPT @ $75 who might've been intending to do likewise?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8745329362

Nice win at that price...

Yep. I was going to bid on it and I should have just placed a damn snipe, but was too lazy and cheap to, but I was planning on putting in a manual bid late and I just flat out forgot. :roll:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 4:43 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Yep. I was going to bid on it and I should have just placed a damn snipe, but was too lazy and cheap to, but I was planning on putting in a manual bid late and I just flat out forgot. :roll:

i really wanted to bid, but frankly, just couldnt afford it :) nice win there!

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 6:28 pm 

I'm surprised it went for so little.  Must have slipped through.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 6:35 pm 

afoolandhis$ wrote:I'm surprised it went for so little. Must have slipped through.

That was the idea behind smothering the bidding so soon = put people off checking back later.
Worked too well, perhaps... :?

Frank's gonna kill me! ^^

(Hrmm... or else we're all broke, just now!)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 6:51 pm 

Nah, I don't care too much about the money, as long as it goes to a good home.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 7:36 pm 

Deadlord36 wrote:Nah, I don't care too much about the money, as long as it goes to a good home.

I think you're safe on that score! Good outlook, Frank. :D

=
(Me, I'm still waiting to pay a personal visit to the lousy seller to whom I paid ~$150 including insured post, then they refused any and all discussion when it never turned up... What's new?)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 7:39 pm 

harami2000 wrote:
Deadlord36 wrote:Nah, I don't care too much about the money, as long as it goes to a good home.

I think you're safe on that score! Good outlook, Frank. :D

=
(Me, I'm still waiting to pay a personal visit to the lousy seller to whom I paid ~$150 including insured post, then they refused any and all discussion when it never turned up... What's new?)

Hey...what was that sellers name again?  I want to know who not to deal with.   :evil:

Mark

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 7:48 pm 

harami2000 wrote:(Me, I'm still waiting to pay a personal visit to the lousy seller to whom I paid ~$150 including insured post, then they refused any and all discussion when it never turned up... What's new?)

Yeah, who's the scum?  I'm assuming it's someone in the UK (based on the personal visit remark, not on the behavior itself!).

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 7:52 pm 

afoolandhis$ wrote:
harami2000 wrote:(Me, I'm still waiting to pay a personal visit to the lousy seller to whom I paid ~$150 including insured post, then they refused any and all discussion when it never turned up... What's new?)

Yeah, who's the scum? I'm assuming it's someone in the UK (based on the personal visit remark, not on the behavior itself!).

if he lives by me i am more than willing to pay a visit :)

Are we nearly there yet?

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 8:09 pm 

afoolandhis$ wrote:

Yeah, who's the scum? I'm assuming it's someone in the UK (based on the personal visit remark, not on the behavior itself!).

*g*. Was playfully considering the trip at one stage, but more from sheer frustration than having been (apparently) ripped-off.

They threatened me multiple times with non-payment negs despite having asked for a total with insured postage rather than brown paper wrapping.
Once I got around their spam-filter, they dragged their heels.
Waited, waited some more.
Followed eBay advice and tried to send them emails (to the addy that did work); multiple times...
Eventually gave up and hit the button to raise a dispute only to realise I'd misread the time-limit and was late by a day or two.

If anyone's near Ambridge, PA;
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5239818414

Yeah, Power Seller? :roll:

(If they'd had a lot of other RPG stuff I'd've posted, at the time; but that was a "one off" in their stock, it seemed)

[/rant ;)]

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 8:18 pm 

harami2000 wrote:
afoolandhis$ wrote:

*g*. Was playfully considering the trip at one stage, but more from sheer frustration than having been (apparently) ripped-off.

They threatened me multiple times with non-payment negs despite having asked for a total with insured postage rather than brown paper wrapping.
Followed eBay advice and tried to send them emails (to the addy that did work); multiple times...
Eventually gave up and hit the button to raise a dispute only to realise I'd misread the time-limit and was late by a day or two.

(If they'd had a lot of other RPG stuff I'd've posted, at the time; but that was a "one off" in their stock, it seemed)

[/rant ;)]

Actually, Ambridge is about 25 miles north of me, but not exactly an area I would be thrilled to visit, at least not without a gun and a bullet proof vest.  :roll:   If you PM me an address, I can look into it for you though. :)

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 9:04 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Actually, Ambridge is about 25 miles north of me, but not exactly an area I would be thrilled to visit, at least not without a gun and a bullet proof vest. :roll:  If you PM me an address, I can look into it for you though. :)

Erm, oops... Should've checked my geography, first.
Apologies for any inadvertent or apparent imposition there... :?

If it's safe enough to drive-by, blow 'em a hit-and-run raspberry from me. Looks more like a private house address, rather than a business address. (*sends PM*)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 10:11 pm 

harami2000 wrote:
afoolandhis$ wrote:

[/rant ;)]

Hey, if you paid them money and they did not send you the item...file a police report in their home town.

Seriously, I have seen it done.

Call the police in their town, file a theft complaint...or fraud or whatever it might be called.

Someone will surely answer that, "the police won't do anything."  Possibly, but it will create a public record that will pop up every time their name is checked and it will give them cause for concern next time they think about doing it again.  

You might also consider ways to file financial complains with major credit agencies.  Those records are a bitch as well.

If you think they did what they did on purpose, then file a report.

Mark

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 11:12 pm 

MShipley88 wrote:...If you think they did what they did on purpose, then file a report.

Hmm. Thanks, Mark.
I didn't think it would be possible to do all that.

Simply cannot tell whether they sent the set or not, but if it was sent insured (as was paid for) they also did a darned good job of ignoring all the opportunities to pass-the-buck to USPS.

Dunno... :?
Is getting rather old, now.

(Wasn't the first time; won't be the last, I'm sure...)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 4:39 am 

harami2000 wrote:
MShipley88 wrote:...If you think they did what they did on purpose, then file a report.

Hmm. Thanks, Mark.
I didn't think it would be possible to do all that.

Simply cannot tell whether they sent the set or not, but if it was sent insured (as was paid for) they also did a darned good job of ignoring all the opportunities to pass-the-buck to USPS.

Dunno... :?
Is getting rather old, now.

(Wasn't the first time; won't be the last, I'm sure...)

hey dave enough already :) just file a chargeback and youre no worse off then chummer.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:07 pm 

Hey...did anyone else notice the number of registered users.....

Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:53 pm 

Marlith wrote:Hey...did anyone else notice the number of registered users.....

Weird...
We have 666 registered users

:D

Mount Celestia doesn't want me and Baator's afraid I'll take over.

Ninty-eight Blue and Green Slaad at the door, Ninty-eight Blue and Green Slaad, Take one down, they gate in two more, Ninty-nine Blue and Green Slaad at the door...

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 5:22 pm 

I think that makes #666...RPGNow...the Anti-Christ.

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 21 of 111123 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 109110111