Old Random Thoughts Thread or OT Chit Chat Thread :)
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 19 of 111123 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 109110111
Author

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 9:00 pm 

tfm wrote:It came in an OCE. The other pages are all minis for the various lines.

Yes, I know the one. And you got a bargain there... ;)

[edit] (good grief. new page again.)
*points back to previous page* & a Merry Christmas to you, too :)

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 9:49 am 

tfm wrote:I didn't know where else to put this, so . . .

Thanks, tfm!

That'll make a nice little searching list/checklist for that early TSR stuff!

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 5:55 pm 

I just wanted to come forward and say that I must speak a different language than the average, nay most all except for Acaeum sellers, eBay seller. I say that because my definition of "Fair to Good"  is way off from what I buy. Does anyone know what "Fair to Good" should mean when dealing with magazines? Once again no feedback from the seller even after they have told me they received payment and shipped the item should have warned me that I was in for a good screwing again.

Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 5:57 pm 

Marlith wrote:I just wanted to come forward and say that I must speak a different language than the average, nay most all except for Acaeum sellers, eBay seller. I say that because my definition of "Fair to Good" is way off from what I buy. Does anyone know what "Fair to Good" should mean when dealing with magazines? Once again no feedback from the seller even after they have told me they received payment and shipped the item should have warned me that I was in for a good screwing again.

Unless the item is very rare and I do not own it already, or there is absolutely undisputible photographic proof ptherwise, fair to good to me means "move onto the next auction". :)

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 6:30 pm 

normally (even i make the odd mistake), i am quite harsh on my condition. i just do poor, good, very good, excellent and mint.

most used stuff tends to be VG imo. i grade outer and inner and a box if present.

if the cover is very worn/torn/missing bits, it is G at best, depending on what the problem is.

with mags, i do the same thing. i note the grading as condition, but if something is missing, i make it clear, so you are under to false illusion as to what youre getting.

like i said, i make the odd mistake cos i aint attentive enough, but generally it has stood me in good stead.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 6:48 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
Marlith wrote:I just wanted to come forward and say that I must speak a different language than the average, nay most all except for Acaeum sellers, eBay seller. I say that because my definition of "Fair to Good" is way off from what I buy. Does anyone know what "Fair to Good" should mean when dealing with magazines? Once again no feedback from the seller even after they have told me they received payment and shipped the item should have warned me that I was in for a good screwing again.

Unless the item is very rare and I do not own it already, or there is absolutely undisputible photographic proof ptherwise, fair to good to me means "move onto the next auction". :)

I am going to put that on a label above my monitors. I guess it means fairly good bet its thrashed..... :lol:

Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 8:52 pm 

I have been hanging out on Dragonsfoot over the last month or so(mostly lurking  :wink:  ), but there were 2 links that I absolutely had to share that were posted. Both absoultely made me lagugh my a$$ off.

The 1st one is about all the different types of internet forum flame warriors (This one almost made me pi$$ myself on several occasions reading through):

Flame Warriors Home

and the 2nd one will be appreciated by anyone who games online:

http://www.expectnothing.com/pub/posts/ ... 02k1cc.gif

Sorry, but I just had to share. :)

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 10:04 pm 

bclarkie wrote:The 1st one is about all the different types of internet forum flame warriors (This one almost made me pi$$ myself on several occasions reading through):

Flame Warriors Home

yeah, yeah, yeah.... Big Cat :lol:

*cross-posts*. Thanks, Brian! :D

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 10:26 pm 

heheheh yes they were quite funny :)

surprised i didnt see a few familiar names there :D

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 10:47 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:surprised i didnt see a few familiar names there :D

What? Like "Creep" perhaps? :P

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 5:06 am 

harami2000 wrote:
killjoy32 wrote:surprised i didnt see a few familiar names there :D

What? Like "Creep" perhaps? :P

oh cmon david, you knoooow i wouldnt name drop ppl ........

:twisted:

creep creep creep creep creep creep creep creep creep creep creep creep creep creep creep creep creep creep creep creep creep creep creep creep

Are we nearly there yet?

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 11:33 pm 

1st post of 2006 seemingly!
Just to wish everyone a happy,healthy and prosperous new year
all the best
:D Carl

You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:13 pm 

tell you what, this stopping yourself from bidding on anything totally sucks.

i wish i was rich like some of you lot :D

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 7:34 pm 

Speaking of artists, as we did earlier, it appears this is Foglio's work.  At least it looks like it:

Untitled Document

and

Untitled Document

(two different comics, the later ones all in color).

Regards,

Stephen

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 7:38 pm 

Girl Genius is definitely Foglio, who is still very active (although perhaps not that much in gaming).

Studio Foglio is the best place to see what is going on with Phil:

Studio Foglio: Stories and Pictures by Kaja & Phil Foglio

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 2:15 pm 

dont really know a lot about these things, but i was watching it and was contemplating a bid at the end, til i then saw what it went for !!!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... RK:MEWA:IT

knowing david collects these like i eat hot dinners, i wasnt surprised to see his name crop up at the last - quite surprised someone else was willing to shell out that much money as well though!!!

was it worth it do you think?

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 3:07 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:dont really know a lot about these things, but i was watching it and was contemplating a bid at the end, til i then saw what it went for !!!

knowing david collects these like i eat hot dinners, i wasnt surprised to see his name crop up at the last - quite surprised someone else was willing to shell out that much money as well though!!!

Al

Seems a bit high to me, considering the condition.  Looks like a good bit of staple rust on the M&M, in addition to the box damage.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 3:12 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:dont really know a lot about these things, but i was watching it and was contemplating a bid at the end, til i then saw what it went for !!!

Al

It would seem to me that it may be either the 4th print Greyhawk that David was after or perhaps it may have been one of the oddball sets that David and Tyson are trying to nail down to specific printings.

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 19 of 111123 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 109110111