Old Random Thoughts Thread or OT Chit Chat Thread :)
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 18 of 111123 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 109110111
Author

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6622
Joined: Jan 03, 2005
Last Visit: May 18, 2022
Location: UK

Post Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 5:20 pm 
 

Or a Dire Kitten of Speed. That reminds me.. Does anyone have either Vorpal Kitty or Aerial Servant from Ral Partha?


This week I've been mostly eating . . . radishes.

 WWW  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3593
Joined: Dec 20, 2003
Last Visit: May 18, 2022
Location: Canada

Post Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 5:28 pm 
 

mbassoc2003 wrote:Or a Dire Kitten of Speed. That reminds me.. Does anyone have either Vorpal Kitty or Aerial Servant from Ral Partha?




Man you guys just never stop :?



Only certain creatures can use the fiendish or Dire template, you know creatures that make sense.  Dire Bear etc.



SOmeday give 3.5 a try, it is a good game.



J


Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

 WWW  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 5659
Joined: Jun 30, 2003
Last Visit: May 18, 2022
Location: New Hampsha

Post Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 6:20 pm 
 

A Dire Maggot. I have always wanted one as a steed for my character, who is an oversized fighter who never tells the truth. A Dire Liar.


If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

 WWW  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6622
Joined: Jan 03, 2005
Last Visit: May 18, 2022
Location: UK

Post Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 6:24 pm 
 

Just the man.



You know your lead figs, Blackie. Do you remember Vorpal Kitty and Aerial Servant by RalPartha. Aerial Servant was like a ghost carying a tray, with a bow tie, like a butler. Vorpal Kitty looked like a rat sitting on a cow pat. Those have been on my list of must have figs, along with Ral Partha's Skin Gollum and Evil Lord of Litter 01-084, for almost 10 years. I just can't find them anywhere.


This week I've been mostly eating . . . radishes.

 WWW  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3593
Joined: Dec 20, 2003
Last Visit: May 18, 2022
Location: Canada

Post Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:44 pm 
 

mbassoc2003 wrote:Just the man.



You know your lead figs, Blackie. Do you remember Vorpal Kitty and Aerial Servant by RalPartha. Aerial Servant was like a ghost carying a tray, with a bow tie, like a butler. Vorpal Kitty looked like a rat sitting on a cow pat. Those have been on my list of must have figs, along with Ral Partha's Skin Gollum and Evil Lord of Litter 01-084, for almost 10 years. I just can't find them anywhere.




I do not have any of those, I try and stick only to the licensed stuff by TSR although I do have lots of others as well.



J


Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

 WWW  

User avatar

Verbose Collector

Posts: 1271
Joined: Jan 09, 2005
Last Visit: Nov 17, 2020
Location: Azeroth

Post Posted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 2:18 am 
 

Wording from a current auction....



"No Reserve. Shipping method will be up to buyer with the cost to be as close to the actual shipping charge as possible, plus a $3 fee for handling. I DO NOT believe in making excess money off shipping charges for selling auction goods = )"



Question #1 - Why will it be as close to the actual shipping charge as possible? Its not like there are price points for what they can charge is it?



Comment #1 - I guess they reserve the making of excess money for the handling fee!


Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

  


Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3066
Joined: Jul 09, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 30, 2015

Post Posted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 8:57 am 
 

Marlith wrote:Wording from a current auction....



"No Reserve. Shipping method will be up to buyer with the cost to be as close to the actual shipping charge as possible, plus a $3 fee for handling. I DO NOT believe in making excess money off shipping charges for selling auction goods = )"



Question #1 - Why will it be as close to the actual shipping charge as possible? Its not like there are price points for what they can charge is it?



Comment #1 - I guess they reserve the making of excess money for the handling fee!


Well, the $3 handling charge is just plain wrong.  Your time just isn't worth that much.  But I state something similar in my auctions -- "Shipping will be at cost".  I include the cost of packing materials as part of that cost.  In short, you pay what I pay to send it.  



However, sometimes it is very difficult to determine the precise shipping cost before you take it to the post office.  (And you never send it to the Post Office before the money arrives, right?) They have funny obscure rules, at least my post office does.  It seems to vary by who's at the counter.  So I just take a guess at the shipping when I place the auction, and if I'm way over, I'll refund the money.  If I'm under, I'll eat that cost and learn a bit for next time.

 YIM  

User avatar

Verbose Collector

Posts: 1271
Joined: Jan 09, 2005
Last Visit: Nov 17, 2020
Location: Azeroth

Post Posted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 10:16 am 
 

deimos3428 wrote:
Marlith wrote:Wording from a current auction....



"No Reserve. Shipping method will be up to buyer with the cost to be as close to the actual shipping charge as possible, plus a $3 fee for handling. I DO NOT believe in making excess money off shipping charges for selling auction goods = )"



Question #1 - Why will it be as close to the actual shipping charge as possible? Its not like there are price points for what they can charge is it?



Comment #1 - I guess they reserve the making of excess money for the handling fee!


Well, the $3 handling charge is just plain wrong. Your time just isn't worth that much. But I state something similar in my auctions -- "Shipping will be at cost". I include the cost of packing materials as part of that cost. In short, you pay what I pay to send it.



However, sometimes it is very difficult to determine the precise shipping cost before you take it to the post office. (And you never send it to the Post Office before the money arrives, right?) They have funny obscure rules, at least my post office does. It seems to vary by who's at the counter. So I just take a guess at the shipping when I place the auction, and if I'm way over, I'll refund the money. If I'm under, I'll eat that cost and learn a bit for next time.




The thing with the amount is that they will compute it at the end of the auction. So should they not know the exact amount. If they are using US flat rate boxes then they can say an exact amount.  If they aren't there are a number of tools on the USPS, UPS or FedEx sites that will allow you to compte the postage. I see "as close to the exact amount" as provided it sells for a price I like I won't jack you around on shipping. If they want to charge a "reasonable" handling fee then use part of that if you misquote a shipping cost.



I guess it is a mindset diffrence. My thought is that you include the cost of the packaging materials, labor etc in the initial starting price or reserve of the auction. This prevents the ever popular situation anymore of buying an item for $6 and paying $9 or more for shipping and fondling. In short I think the price of the item should be what the seller makes their money on not what they can gouge a buyer for through exaggerated shipping and handling costs.


Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

  


Active Collector

Posts: 88
Joined: Nov 03, 2005
Last Visit: Aug 22, 2007
Location: Northampton, England.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 10:24 am 
 

Deadlord36 wrote:A Dire Maggot. I have always wanted one as a steed for my character, who is an oversized fighter who never tells the truth. A Dire Liar.




My group could use a mercenary fighter to liven things up! Is he perhaps Dire Liar to Inspire and for Hire?

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8241
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Mar 05, 2022
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 11:46 am 
 

Lewisexi wrote:
Deadlord36 wrote:A Dire Maggot. I have always wanted one as a steed for my character, who is an oversized fighter who never tells the truth. A Dire Liar.




My group could use a mercenary fighter to liven things up! Is he perhaps Dire Liar to Inspire and for Hire?




well we have some! A dire liar is jonb, and a fiendish liar is maxipad :)


Are we nearly there yet?

  


Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 188
Joined: Jun 30, 2004
Last Visit: Feb 21, 2021
Location: Del Norte, CO

Post Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 6:38 pm 
 

kires1 has really entrenched themselves in geomendezds shrinked mono auctions.

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8241
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Mar 05, 2022
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 7:14 pm 
 

yea i noticed!  8O


Are we nearly there yet?

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6720
Joined: Jul 16, 2005
Last Visit: Feb 02, 2021

Post Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 2:06 am 
 

One interesting use of the Fiendish template is in The World's Largest Dungeon.



   The presence of imprisoned supernatural beings has caused their power to leak out into everything in the dungeon.  Virtually all of the creatures are "fiendish."



   At low hit dice, the difference is basically ceremonial.  At higher hit dice the difference can be really bad.



MRS


"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 5659
Joined: Jun 30, 2003
Last Visit: May 18, 2022
Location: New Hampsha

Post Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 2:27 am 
 

I can't envision ever using my copy. Too hard to convert the 3E into something useable.

I scanned thru it very quickly, but I think it has to go.


If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

 WWW  


Sage Collector

Posts: 2639
Joined: Jan 23, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 11, 2006

Post Posted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 11:21 pm 
 

Someone mentioned keepie was back?
eBay.com Item Bid History

*lol at that name in his feedback*
eBay Feedback Profile for thekeepontheborderlands

Can't believe he was stupid enough to change his shill account name to a near-match of his previous account.
With a match like that, following any report of vaguely suspicious auction eBay will take about 10 seconds to delete his "new" account. (Well, that's the theory, anyhow! ;))

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8241
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Mar 05, 2022
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 5:01 am 
 

which you know aint gonna happen dont you?

ebay hardly ever do the right thing.

i aint getting involved with that keep guy again. i wasnt last time and it ended up him pissing about with my auctions.

Al


Are we nearly there yet?

  


Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3800
Joined: Feb 23, 2005
Last Visit: Apr 21, 2022

Post Posted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 9:10 pm 
 

Congrats on the Haunted Lighthouse, David!  Looks like a really beautiful copy.

And congrats to Ian for pulling in such a nice price for it.

  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6455
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 26, 2022

Post Posted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 9:13 pm 
 

afoolandhis$ wrote:Congrats on the Haunted Lighthouse, David! Looks like a really beautiful copy.

And congrats to Ian for pulling in such a nice price for it.


Funny you should mention that.  2 copies were actually sold today, and neither one exceeded $130.00.  Maybe they are not worth $300-$500. :wink:


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  
PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 18 of 111123 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 109110111