Old Random Thoughts Thread or OT Chit Chat Thread :)
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 14 of 111123 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 109110111
Author

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 2:04 pm 

bclarkie wrote:I think that there should be some sort of law restricting the use of the word "Rare" on EBay. I just a search of the word "RARE" on all fantasy RPGS, and I actually came up with 1583 hits: :roll:

rare in Fantasy | eBay

This is out of a total of 10220 listings. That means that 15.5% percent of all RPG lisitngs are supposedly "Rare!" :roll:

I purposed making it a $2.00 charge or something like that in this or another thread one time. Would cut down on the use of the word though we would see an increase in the Scarce, Unique or Vintage items out there.

Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 2:09 pm 

Not that this is "not so interesting"...to the contrary, what does everyone think of the outcome of danz's 2nd woodgrain auction?

eBay.com Item Bid History

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 2:33 pm 

afoolandhis$ wrote:Not that this is "not so interesting"...to the contrary, what does everyone think of the outcome of danz's 2nd woodgrain auction?

TBH, I am a little surprised it got that high based on its codition. It is really only a litle bit better that the 1st I won afew months ago, and the one I won went onlyfor $635 or so. :)  Just my $.02

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 3:06 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
afoolandhis$ wrote:Not that this is "not so interesting"...to the contrary, what does everyone think of the outcome of danz's 2nd woodgrain auction?

TBH, I am a little surprised it got that high based on its codition. It is really only a litle bit better that the 1st I won afew months ago, and the one I won went onlyfor $635 or so. :) Just my $.02

I agree, a little overpriced at $635.00 and still did not make the reserve.

J

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 3:06 pm 

bclarkie wrote:TBH, I am a little surprised it got that high based on its codition. It is really only a litle bit better that the 1st I won afew months ago, and the one I won went onlyfor $635 or so. :) Just my $.02

Yeah, you did well on that one, Brian.  I still regret not jumping in on that auction.  On the other hand, I keep thinking if I'm gonna lay out for a woody, I want to get a really nice one.  Ah, maybe some day...

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 3:12 pm 

afoolandhis$ wrote:
bclarkie wrote:TBH, I am a little surprised it got that high based on its codition. It is really only a litle bit better that the 1st I won afew months ago, and the one I won went onlyfor $635 or so. :) Just my $.02

Yeah, you did well on that one, Brian. I still regret not jumping in on that auction. On the other hand, I keep thinking if I'm gonna lay out for a woody, I want to get a really nice one. Ah, maybe some day...

Let me correct my original post. The 1st print Woody I won went for ~$735, not $635. Even still, I think that is high. Mine was probably abit high based on condition as well though. :wink: Keep plugging Stephen, you'll get one. :)

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 4:49 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Let me correct my original post. The 1st print Woody I won went for ~$735, not $635. Even still, I think that is high. Mine was probably abit high based on condition as well though.

$738.23; eBay.com Item Bid History

Agreed: definitely high. Was a "spares" & "research" set; or "spacefiller", perhaps. My bid pushed it $100 higher, unless there was a "hidden" snipe in there.
(Which is also $100 higher than a fine 1st print box with two fine 1st print books, plus a dismembered and coverless (?IIRC) third book, went for a year or two ago).

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 4:56 pm 

harami2000 wrote:
bclarkie wrote:Let me correct my original post. The 1st print Woody I won went for ~$735, not $635. Even still, I think that is high. Mine was probably abit high based on condition as well though.

$738.23; eBay.com Item Bid History

Agreed: definitely high. Was a "spares" & "research" set; or "spacefiller", perhaps. My bid pushed it $100 higher, unless there was a "hidden" snipe in there.
(Which is also $100 higher than a fine 1st print box with two fine 1st print books, plus a dismembered and coverless (?IIRC) third book, went for a year or two ago).

What are you trying to rub it in or something. :P Even at that rate, I could still buy almost 6 of them for the same price as the most recent one. :wink:

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 5:19 pm 

bclarkie wrote:What are you trying to rub it in or something. :P Even at that rate, I could still buy almost 6 of them for the same price as the most recent one. :wink:

Do you really want my observations on that comparison? :)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 5:20 pm 

harami2000 wrote:
bclarkie wrote:What are you trying to rub it in or something. :P Even at that rate, I could still buy almost 6 of them for the same price as the most recent one. :wink:

Do you really want my observations on that comparison? :)

Sure, blast me with it. :twisted:

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 5:31 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
harami2000 wrote:Do you really want my observations on that comparison? :)

Sure, blast me with it. :twisted:

*dodges topic*

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 5:48 pm 

harami2000 wrote:
bclarkie wrote:Sure, blast me with it. :twisted:

*dodges topic*

C'mon dammit, let me have it! :P

*<nudges David over the edge>*

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 5:57 pm 

bclarkie wrote:C'mon dammit, let me have it! :P

After your post on that other thread, I'm not sure you want to be using that sort of language! Image

bclarkie wrote:*<nudges David over the edge>*

(OK, I'll tag it onto the PM ;))

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 6:54 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
deimos3428 wrote: I don't think it's worth anywhere near $250. This wasn't a hidden auction by any means. *shrug* Maybe a bit more next time.

I would be interested in hearing what David's snipe was, I'll bet it wasn't anywhere near $250.00.

Was more than the $71.79 you sniped at (and lost on) this time around. :?
eBay UK Item Bid History

Personally, I'm not too fussed about name stamps on books, but wasn't complaining to pick up that previous copy without those for less; http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8700680725
Not-so-Recent Fun Finds • Page 43 • Collecting General •  The Acaeum

=
*rechecks*. $88.64 was the previous snipe, btw.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:07 pm 

*checks the thread title*. "Not so interesting Ebay items..."

OK, how about this one? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8723671875

"eDice is the perfect solution to such problems as:
Rolling 6,998d898,172.
"

And it's all your's for less than a single set of new physical dice would cost you!

wow!

*looks suitably underwhelmed...* Image

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 2:49 pm 

as everyone knows, there is a fair smattering of R modules on ebay atm. these ones have just finished:

R1: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... %3AIT&rd=1

R2: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... %3AIT&rd=1

R3: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... %3AIT&rd=1

all went to the same buyer - well done that man!

what do y'all think of the winning bids? par for the course? under/over?

i've seen a few sell for less than that, so think the seller will be quite happy tbh.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 2:58 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:as everyone knows, there is a fair smattering of R modules on ebay atm. these ones have just finished:

i've seen a few sell for less than that, so think the seller will be quite happy tbh.

Al

Looks reasonable to me, I have paid more and less for equivalent items.

J

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:39 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:as everyone knows, there is a fair smattering of R modules on ebay atm. these ones have just finished:

Al

I agree, everything seems to about right there.

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 14 of 111123 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 109110111