Old Random Thoughts Thread or OT Chit Chat Thread :)
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 14 of 111123 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 109110111
Author


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6463
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 04, 2021

Post Posted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 5:14 pm 
 

Irritating auction of the month:

Dungeons and Dragons Players Manual | eBay

This seller has had this uaction up like 6 times and yet he refuses to either give up or put the price at $.01 which is really what is worth. Seriously who the hell is going to buy a beat up 1983 Players Manual only for $3.00 let alone $10.00. :?   By the time it is all said and done even if someone does fianlly buy it the Ebay fees that have now accumulated will have eaten up any possible profit he/she was going to make. :roll: Anyone want to email the seller and let them know that in case they havent figured it out yet, that they are wasting both thier time and money.


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6463
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 04, 2021

Post Posted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:30 am 
 

Another seller who is just way to interested in selling his stuff: :roll:

Magazine Lot Huge | eBay


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  

User avatar

Verbose Collector

Posts: 1271
Joined: Jan 09, 2005
Last Visit: Nov 17, 2020
Location: Azeroth

Post Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:50 am 
 

Is it just me or does something just not feel right about the AD&D stuff this seller has. Not on his part but the prices seem high for stuff that is taped....

eBay listings


Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 232
Joined: Nov 16, 2004
Last Visit: Oct 30, 2017

Post Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 11:19 am 
 

Marlith wrote:Is it just me or does something just not feel right about the AD&D stuff this seller has. Not on his part but the prices seem high for stuff that is taped....

eBay listings


Oh but that minis collection at the end...!  :(

I so want one of those red dragon lair kits to assemble and paint up...

:heartbreak:

  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6463
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 04, 2021

Post Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 8:59 am 
 

I think that there should be some sort of law restricting the use of the word "Rare" on EBay.  I just a search of the word "RARE" on all fantasy RPGS, and I actually came up with 1583 hits: :roll:

rare in Fantasy | eBay

This is out of a total of 10220 listings.  That means that 15.5% percent of all RPG lisitngs are supposedly "Rare!" :roll:


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:45 am 
 

hehehe yeah i have a similar beef to that.

however, unfortunately, not everyone on ebay has the knowledge of most of the peeps here or on other forums who are really "into" D&D that much..... so they would (i guess) tend to regard something as rare, because its 20+years old. that would make sense to me, if you knew nothing about it at all (yeah ok i DONT know much but hey :D)

the only example i can think of the OTHER way, is when i had a jade hare, and i thought it was the biggest pile of shite i have ever seen! so i dumped it in with a lot of other junky stuff, and then wondered why there were 47 ppl watching it after two days! til someone kindly told me.

the rules are different then arent they :D

Al



  

User avatar

Verbose Collector

Posts: 1271
Joined: Jan 09, 2005
Last Visit: Nov 17, 2020
Location: Azeroth

Post Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 2:04 pm 
 

bclarkie wrote:I think that there should be some sort of law restricting the use of the word "Rare" on EBay. I just a search of the word "RARE" on all fantasy RPGS, and I actually came up with 1583 hits: :roll:

rare in Fantasy | eBay

This is out of a total of 10220 listings. That means that 15.5% percent of all RPG lisitngs are supposedly "Rare!" :roll:


I purposed making it a $2.00 charge or something like that in this or another thread one time. Would cut down on the use of the word though we would see an increase in the Scarce, Unique or Vintage items out there.


Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

  


Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3798
Joined: Feb 23, 2005
Last Visit: Sep 02, 2021

Post Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 2:09 pm 
 

Not that this is "not so interesting"...to the contrary, what does everyone think of the outcome of danz's 2nd woodgrain auction?

eBay.com Item Bid History

  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6463
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 04, 2021

Post Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 2:33 pm 
 

afoolandhis$ wrote:Not that this is "not so interesting"...to the contrary, what does everyone think of the outcome of danz's 2nd woodgrain auction?

eBay.com Item Bid History


TBH, I am a little surprised it got that high based on its codition. It is really only a litle bit better that the 1st I won afew months ago, and the one I won went onlyfor $635 or so. :)  Just my $.02


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3593
Joined: Dec 20, 2003
Last Visit: Nov 25, 2021
Location: Canada

Post Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 3:06 pm 
 

bclarkie wrote:
afoolandhis$ wrote:Not that this is "not so interesting"...to the contrary, what does everyone think of the outcome of danz's 2nd woodgrain auction?

eBay.com Item Bid History


TBH, I am a little surprised it got that high based on its codition. It is really only a litle bit better that the 1st I won afew months ago, and the one I won went onlyfor $635 or so. :) Just my $.02


I agree, a little overpriced at $635.00 and still did not make the reserve.

J


Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

 WWW  


Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3798
Joined: Feb 23, 2005
Last Visit: Sep 02, 2021

Post Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 3:06 pm 
 

bclarkie wrote:TBH, I am a little surprised it got that high based on its codition. It is really only a litle bit better that the 1st I won afew months ago, and the one I won went onlyfor $635 or so. :) Just my $.02


Yeah, you did well on that one, Brian.  I still regret not jumping in on that auction.  On the other hand, I keep thinking if I'm gonna lay out for a woody, I want to get a really nice one.  Ah, maybe some day...

  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6463
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 04, 2021

Post Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 3:12 pm 
 

afoolandhis$ wrote:
bclarkie wrote:TBH, I am a little surprised it got that high based on its codition. It is really only a litle bit better that the 1st I won afew months ago, and the one I won went onlyfor $635 or so. :) Just my $.02


Yeah, you did well on that one, Brian. I still regret not jumping in on that auction. On the other hand, I keep thinking if I'm gonna lay out for a woody, I want to get a really nice one. Ah, maybe some day...


Let me correct my original post. The 1st print Woody I won went for ~$735, not $635. Even still, I think that is high. Mine was probably abit high based on condition as well though. :wink: Keep plugging Stephen, you'll get one. :)


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  


Sage Collector

Posts: 2639
Joined: Jan 23, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 11, 2006

Post Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 4:49 pm 
 

bclarkie wrote:Let me correct my original post. The 1st print Woody I won went for ~$735, not $635. Even still, I think that is high. Mine was probably abit high based on condition as well though.

$738.23; eBay.com Item Bid History

Agreed: definitely high. Was a "spares" & "research" set; or "spacefiller", perhaps. My bid pushed it $100 higher, unless there was a "hidden" snipe in there.
(Which is also $100 higher than a fine 1st print box with two fine 1st print books, plus a dismembered and coverless (?IIRC) third book, went for a year or two ago).

  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6463
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 04, 2021

Post Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 4:56 pm 
 

harami2000 wrote:
bclarkie wrote:Let me correct my original post. The 1st print Woody I won went for ~$735, not $635. Even still, I think that is high. Mine was probably abit high based on condition as well though.

$738.23; eBay.com Item Bid History

Agreed: definitely high. Was a "spares" & "research" set; or "spacefiller", perhaps. My bid pushed it $100 higher, unless there was a "hidden" snipe in there.
(Which is also $100 higher than a fine 1st print box with two fine 1st print books, plus a dismembered and coverless (?IIRC) third book, went for a year or two ago).

What are you trying to rub it in or something. :P Even at that rate, I could still buy almost 6 of them for the same price as the most recent one. :wink:


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  


Sage Collector

Posts: 2639
Joined: Jan 23, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 11, 2006

Post Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 5:19 pm 
 

bclarkie wrote:What are you trying to rub it in or something. :P Even at that rate, I could still buy almost 6 of them for the same price as the most recent one. :wink:

Do you really want my observations on that comparison? :)

  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6463
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 04, 2021

Post Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 5:20 pm 
 

harami2000 wrote:
bclarkie wrote:What are you trying to rub it in or something. :P Even at that rate, I could still buy almost 6 of them for the same price as the most recent one. :wink:

Do you really want my observations on that comparison? :)


Sure, blast me with it. :twisted:


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  


Sage Collector

Posts: 2639
Joined: Jan 23, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 11, 2006

Post Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 5:31 pm 
 

bclarkie wrote:
harami2000 wrote:Do you really want my observations on that comparison? :)

Sure, blast me with it. :twisted:

*dodges topic*

  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6463
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 04, 2021

Post Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 5:48 pm 
 

harami2000 wrote:
bclarkie wrote:Sure, blast me with it. :twisted:

*dodges topic*


C'mon dammit, let me have it! :P

*<nudges David over the edge>*


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  
PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 14 of 111123 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 109110111