Old Random Thoughts Thread or OT Chit Chat Thread :)
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 13 of 111123 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 109110111
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 11:25 pm 

Why do sellers insist on puting a printing of a book if they clearly have no clue :roll: :

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... B:AAQ:US:1

I especially love this:

Clueless Seller wrote:As near as I can tell from my research, this is from the first or second print in 1974

I already queried the seller:
bclarkie wrote:Dear Seller, I hate to break this to you but your booklet here is at best a fifth printing and quite possibly a sixth printing. If your booklet was a 1st printing it would have a price on the bottom of $3.50 and not list a printing. If it was a second printing it would also have a price of $3.50 on the bottom of the cover and would list 2nd printing on the title page. Please check here for reference: Page Not Found. Thanks for your time

Still, that is pretty irritating.

*<edit>* It looks like my query prompted a quick change. :wink:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 2:22 am 

bclarkie wrote:
*<edit>* It looks like my query prompted a quick change. :wink:

if only more ppl walked in the shadow of your greatness  :wink:  :lol:  :lol:

Are we nearly there yet?

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 11:07 pm 

beyondthebreach wrote:For those of your watching this auction and intending to bid - be aware that Dungeon Magazine #1-24 are NOT included. I didn't see them in the pics and have communication with the seller. I think it is just Dungeon #24 (he says sorry for the misunderstanding, but that it DOES say #1-24 on the cover? )

Whatever, just don't expect the receive Dungeon 1-24 if you bid . . .

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... L:RTQ:US:1

And it sells for $327!  Damn!  I think Kitty will be quite unhappy when no early Dungeon Mags show up.

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 10:33 pm 

For shits & giggles I decided to take a picture of all the A3s I have up for sale right now.  I present to everyone my new wallpaper :P :

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 1:01 am 

bclarkie wrote:For shits & giggles I decided to take a picture of all the A3s I have up for sale right now. I present to everyone my new wallpaper :P :

LOL. That's an insane number.

If you let your eyes go blurry while you loopk at them they look like a duvet cover or blanket!

Mount Celestia doesn't want me and Baator's afraid I'll take over.

Ninty-eight Blue and Green Slaad at the door, Ninty-eight Blue and Green Slaad, Take one down, they gate in two more, Ninty-nine Blue and Green Slaad at the door...

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 2:18 am 

bclarkie wrote:For shits & giggles I decided to take a picture of all the A3s I have up for sale right now. I present to everyone my new wallpaper :P :

tell ya chummer - you really need to get out more :)

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 2:51 pm 

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3AIT&rd=1

I thought 1st print Dungeon Masters Guides were all the rage these days.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 3:00 pm 

ifearyeti wrote:http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3AIT&rd=1

i think the rather high shipping put ppl off bidding.....UK shipping was quoted as £7, but i know you can ship that UK for about £4.38....johnhuck mentioned it a few days ago too.

still, a nice snap for thesheild2000 imo...

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 3:05 pm 

I agree about the shipping, I think that Id pass on the $30+ shipping to the US charge. :wink:

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 3:19 pm 

bclarkie wrote:

I agree about the shipping, I think that Id pass on the $30+ shipping to the US charge. :wink:

still makes me smile tho, the ignorance of some sellers, where if they lower the shipping, surely the item would sell for a fair bit more, negating the gain the shipping gives them.

still its his loss and other ppl's gains imo

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 2:59 am 

killjoy32 wrote:
harami2000 wrote::D

Tac Cards might make good wallpaper, too... :P

hey i got more JG books than shane! my room is JG too! ummmm what could i be then....mmmm heheh "the room of indomitable circumstance" i could paint my room with books quite easily. i have about 700 JG traveller referee screens so that could do the job quite easily :D

lol yeah david's white room

or ummm Azurah's handbag room, painted with hellbound war box sets (big grin)

Mshipley 88's room of "i wish i could get my hands on one of them JG map sets chapel"

:D :D :D :D

Oh, I'll get my hands on them...no doubt about it.   :evil:

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 6:19 am 

MShipley88 wrote:  Oh, I'll get my hands on them...no doubt about it.  :evil:

thats the kinda determination i like to see chummer :D

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 1:29 pm 

Hi all, certainly don't want to start a new thread, but could someone just help me.  I've just bought a couple of items lately and wanted to know if they were complete.  If you can tell me that would be great, but is there also a link to somewhere that lists contents of products.
 1.  U1 - mine is 30 pages, looks complete, but I don't know whether pages 31,32 could be a reference sheet or something.  As it stands, the 30 page booklet looks unusual.
 2.  FR Interactive Atlas - very big box with just a CD case and CD (with inlays) and a Dragon flyer.  This looks very empty!  Is there a manual?

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 1:41 pm 

Don't know about the Interactive Atlas, but the U1 is incomplete. The last page (31-32) is a perforated handout. The easy way to tell is the staple location as it is invariably halfway through the booklet. Thus, if the staples are between pages 14-15, it is a 28 page booklet. Between 15-16 means it was a 30 page booklet, etc.

A ways back, I posted a spreadsheet listing some of this info. (which modules had unnumbered handouts & maps, perforated sheets, etc.)  I have actually updated it a little bit since then and I sometimes use it for my own reference. By now, however, I think I know all the modules by heart ? (almost anyway). Maybe I can get around to posting it again sometime.

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:31 pm 

FR Interactive Atlas - Contains a shrink-wrapped CD jewel case and a cheaply done manual.  No Dragon flyer in the one I've opened.  

Ditto on the U1.  Missing the last page it appears.  I could probably help you out with that.

Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 6:57 pm 

My copy had a 32 page (cheapo) user guide in the box, even with the manual the box seems seriously oversized.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 11:47 am 

Its nice to see the forum coming alive again over the last couple of days. :)   It seems the last few months have kind have been really enthusiasm lacking. :?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 11:51 am 

bclarkie wrote:Its nice to see the forum coming alive again over the last couple of days. :)  It seems the last few months have kind have been really enthusiasm lacking. :?

Heartily agreed.  I was just thinking about this last night.  Personally, I've been a bit burned out on the hunt lately.

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 13 of 111123 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 109110111