Old Random Thoughts Thread or OT Chit Chat Thread :)
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 12 of 111123 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 109110111
Author

User avatar

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 2459
Joined: Nov 06, 2002
Last Visit: Nov 15, 2021
Location: Queensland, Australia

Post Posted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 10:26 pm 
 

Just looking at it I would say that this is part of a map not a cover..

Brette:)

 WWW  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6463
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 04, 2021

Post Posted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 10:44 pm 
 

beasterbrook wrote:Just looking at it I would say that this is part of a map not a cover..

Brette:)


What map though? It is almost identical to the GH folio cover. I wonder if maybe this is some sort of advertisement maybe?  The thing that is really throwing me off is looking at the upper left hand corner of the picture, you can almost see the other side of the inside of the folio cover. Hmm. :?


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  


Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3066
Joined: Jul 09, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 30, 2015

Post Posted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 12:22 pm 
 

bclarkie wrote:Does anyone know what the hell to make of this this:

Dungeon Game TSR | eBay

It is a black 3 ring binder with a cut up Greyhawk Folio pasted on the front. The thing of it is I have never in my entire life seen the cover of a folio like that with big black bold text on it and clearly no copyright stamp in the white area. Weirdest thing that I have ever seen before. :? Does anyone know anything about this, or am I just losing my feckin mind???

<edit> The more I look at this thing the more I think that I have seen this before. The thing of it is, that if I had to guess looking at it, I would say that this folio cover may actually PREDATE the current listed 1st printing Greyhawk folio due the way its formatted text is. Any thoughts????

We'll have to enhance that photo and try to read the text there for some clues.  I don't have any useful tools for that at work but I'll try to get into it from home tonight.  

Some precursory notes:
There's some illegible text in the top right where none exists on known folios (or TSR in red)
Obviously different font on the "World of Greyhawk" area.
No "9025" product code
No "TSR Presents"
No wizard/TSR face logo at all.

 YIM  


Verbose Collector

Posts: 1667
Joined: Sep 03, 2003
Last Visit: Nov 13, 2021
Location: Portown

Post Posted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 12:49 pm 
 

Just a guess, but it looks a lot like a pre-pub ad to me...could it be from Dragon Magazine? Towards the bottom it reads "from TSR" and "The Game Wizards", which makes me think it's an ad. Maybe someone photocopied one of the WoG sets, hole-punched it, put it in a binder and slapped a color ad on the cover?

Unless the seller can provide more information, I wouldn't bid on it.

 WWW  

User avatar

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 1709
Joined: Feb 04, 2004
Last Visit: Aug 23, 2016
Location: Chandler, AZ

Post Posted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 12:55 pm 
 

For those of your watching this auction and intending to bid - be aware that Dungeon Magazine #1-24 are NOT included. I didn't see them in the pics and have communication with the seller. I think it is just Dungeon #24 (he says sorry for the misunderstanding, but that it DOES say #1-24 on the cover? )

Whatever, just don't expect the receive Dungeon 1-24 if you bid . . .

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... L:RTQ:US:1


"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6463
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 04, 2021

Post Posted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 1:27 pm 
 

zhowar1 wrote:Just a guess, but it looks a lot like a pre-pub ad to me...could it be from Dragon Magazine? Towards the bottom it reads "from TSR" and "The Game Wizards", which makes me think it's an ad. Maybe someone photocopied one of the WoG sets, hole-punched it, put it in a binder and slapped a color ad on the cover?

Unless the seller can provide more information, I wouldn't bid on it.


I was thinking of that as possibilty as well, although it appears in the picture that it is cut off, which could mean that it would be too big to fit in a Dragon magazine, unless it folded out somehow.  I did in fact query the seller last evening to see if he could shed some light on a more exact description on the piece, but didn't get a immediate response so I will have to wait and check my email when I get home this afternoon.


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  


Verbose Collector

Posts: 1667
Joined: Sep 03, 2003
Last Visit: Nov 13, 2021
Location: Portown

Post Posted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 2:05 pm 
 

bclarkie wrote:I was thinking of that as possibilty as well, although it appears in the picture that it is cut off, which could mean that it would be too big to fit in a Dragon magazine, unless it folded out somehow.


Good point. Perhaps a promo poster? On the other hand, it looks more like folio cover material, plus it is sort of frayed at the edges like those folios always get.

Another weird thing is that the folio picture appears to be pasted on the back of the binder, or else it is upside down. Also, the described contents don't really match up with the content of the folio, right?

 WWW  


Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3066
Joined: Jul 09, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 30, 2015

Post Posted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 2:08 pm 
 

zhowar1 wrote:
bclarkie wrote:I was thinking of that as possibilty as well, although it appears in the picture that it is cut off, which could mean that it would be too big to fit in a Dragon magazine, unless it folded out somehow.


Good point. Perhaps a promo poster? On the other hand, it looks more like folio cover material, plus it is sort of frayed at the edges like those folios always get.

Another weird thing is that the folio picture appears to be pasted on the back of the binder, or else it is upside down. Also, the described contents don't really match up with the content of the folio, right?

I inquired with the seller and the top-right text reads:
"WATCH FOR THE RELEASE AT YOUR FAVORITE GAME DEALER"

Make of that what you will...

 YIM  


Sage Collector

Posts: 2639
Joined: Jan 23, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 11, 2006

Post Posted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 5:08 pm 
 

eBay Feedback Profile for lordan :?:

Certainly hard-pushed to see many RPG auctions in that history.
(Anyone know otherwise? Name was still kinda familar... :?)


[ed. ah, I should've done a search first... maybe just me being overly-suspicious Deadlord Minime! ]

  


Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 219
Joined: Apr 07, 2005
Last Visit: Aug 09, 2015
Location: UK

Post Posted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 5:37 pm 
 

beyondthebreach wrote:For those of your watching this auction and intending to bid - be aware that Dungeon Magazine #1-24 are NOT included. I didn't see them in the pics and have communication with the seller. I think it is just Dungeon #24 (he says sorry for the misunderstanding, but that it DOES say #1-24 on the cover? )

Whatever, just don't expect the receive Dungeon 1-23 if you bid . . .

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... L:RTQ:US:1


That would be: "Contains complete index to issues #1-24" then!   8O  :roll:

  

User avatar

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 530
Joined: Feb 25, 2005
Last Visit: Nov 02, 2021
Location: Lille, France.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 8:28 pm 
 

harami, what a busy day !  :wink:

eBay.com Item Bid History

  


Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3798
Joined: Feb 23, 2005
Last Visit: Sep 02, 2021

Post Posted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 8:44 pm 
 

youffie404 wrote:harami, what a busy day ! :wink:

eBay.com Item Bid History


Yeah, that must be a record.

  


Sage Collector

Posts: 2639
Joined: Jan 23, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 11, 2006

Post Posted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 8:49 pm 
 

youffie404 wrote:harami, what a busy day ! :wink:

eBay.com Item Bid History

Or a very quiet one? :o ;)

Was mostly testing the system for response speed. (It failed my expectations, such as they were!)

  

User avatar

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 561
Joined: Sep 02, 2004
Last Visit: Nov 22, 2021
Location: Cape Cod

Post Posted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 9:57 pm 
 

Ebay was kind enough to let me know that my token bid on PoTVQ wasn't good enough but they  let me know where I could get a Luther "Warriors" doll:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 6005325492

I can picture my sons snaping bottles together while playing with this and chanting....."warrrriorrs come out and playeeeyaaaay........." 8O

  


Sage Collector

Posts: 2639
Joined: Jan 23, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 11, 2006

Post Posted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 10:14 pm 
 

Daimajin wrote:Ebay was kind enough to let me know that my token bid on PoTVQ wasn't good enough but they let me know where I could get a Luther "Warriors" doll:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 6005325492

I can picture my sons snaping bottles together while playing with this and chanting....."warrrriorrs come out and playeeeyaaaay........." 8O

Erm, *looks totally confused*. Someone please explain! Image
(or not...)

  

User avatar

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 561
Joined: Sep 02, 2004
Last Visit: Nov 22, 2021
Location: Cape Cod

Post Posted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 10:20 pm 
 

harami2000 wrote:Erm, *looks totally confused*. Someone please explain! [ Image ]
(or not...)


Guess if you have never seen the movie the Warriors it kind of looses the meaning. I just found it odd they would send me all these " Similar Items on eBay " from the movie the warriors but not even the other copy of PoTVQ in the list :?

  


Sage Collector

Posts: 2639
Joined: Jan 23, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 11, 2006

Post Posted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 10:24 pm 
 

Daimajin wrote:Guess if you have never seen the movie the Warriors it kind of looses the meaning. I just found it odd they would send me all these " Similar Items on eBay " from the movie the warriors but not even the other copy of PoTVQ in the list :?

*lol*. Oh, sorry, brain not working at 3.20am! :lol:

Yeah, eBay "similar to" processing is almost as good as their "user comments/feedback" processing... :?


(Ain't seen the movie, either)

  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 137
Joined: Apr 23, 2005
Last Visit: Dec 18, 2014
Location: Edmond, OK

Post Posted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 11:01 pm 
 

That was such a great movie. I saw a newly released Warriors DVD that had "extra" stuff with it that differs from the original DVD in a Blockbuster today. Maybe the doll is a tie-in with that.

John

Everyone is entitled to Al's opinion.

  
PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 12 of 111123 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 109110111