Old Random Thoughts Thread or OT Chit Chat Thread :)
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 102 of 111123 ... 99, 100, 101, 102, 103 ... 109110111
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:17 pm 

For any Cowboys fans out there in D&D land, Bill Parcells just announced he won't be back for the last year of his contract...
  I think Jerry wanted him to do the last year, and then make a huge run at Cowher. But it appeared the last year really wore Bill out, and I don't think he relished being a lame duck.  He did once again bring back respectibility to the Boys, but he did only go around .500 the last four years with no playoff wins.
      But regardless the circus is about to come to town...be prepared for the greatest spectator sport besides a QB controversy, a coach watch.  Who will be only the 7th Coach in Cowboys history?????

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:27 pm 

Badmike wrote:For any Cowboys fans out there in D&D land, Bill Parcells just announced he won't be back for the last year of his contract...
  I think Jerry wanted him to do the last year, and then make a huge run at Cowher. But it appeared the last year really wore Bill out, and I don't think he relished being a lame duck.  He did once again bring back respectibility to the Boys, but he did only go around .500 the last four years with no playoff wins.
      But regardless the circus is about to come to town...be prepared for the greatest spectator sport besides a QB controversy, a coach watch.  Who will be only the 7th Coach in Cowboys history?????

Mike B.

In other big news today and also suprisingly enough, yet another Bengals player was arrested over the weekend:  

Linkage

I will say though, that the Bengals without a doubt will have the best prison football team in the history of the Guards versus the Inmates game.  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:48 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
In other big news today and also suprisingly enough, yet another Bengals player was arrested over the weekend:  

Linkage

I will say though, that the Bengals without a doubt will have the best prison football team in the history of the Guards versus the Inmates game.  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:

Now they just need the Rock to coach them :lol:

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:47 pm 

Badmike wrote:For any Cowboys fans out there in D&D land, Bill Parcells just announced he won't be back for the last year of his contract...

Mike B.

If I were Jones I might consider having no coach for a year, or just hiring Cowher and letting him take the first year off.

Seriously.   8O

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:36 am 

MShipley88 wrote:
If I were Jones I might consider having no coach for a year, or just hiring Cowher and letting him take the first year off.

Seriously.   8O

I think Jerry would have no problem with paying the Steelers compensation (a first round pick at least), but I honestly thing Cowher really wants to take a year off, and this would make it impossible. Having said that, there's no way we thought Jerry would get Parcells to come here. Cowher would be my dream pick....

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:42 am 

While were talking football here, I was wondering what some of the outside voices on the forum think of the Steelers pick as the new head coach?

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:46 am 

I should probably add that it seems the people in the Burgh are pretty much split down the middle.  Some folks are excited about the hire and others outright hate it, so bad so I have even read some comments that people are saying the Rooneys should sell the team.  :roll:   I have mixed emotions about it myself, mostly becasue of the fact that this guy to me is such an unknown.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:57 am 

Tomlin was the DB coach for the Bucs during their Superbowl season and after ONE year as a defensive coordinator remade the 16th run defense into the 1st. However the pass defense was mediocre but Smoot was injured and Sharper has lost a step to use a cliche. Personally, I think he is probably a good hire though I kinda thought Grimm would've been a good choice as well. The more important position now may be OC.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:46 am 

bclarkie wrote:I should probably add that it seems the people in the Burgh are pretty much split down the middle.  Some folks are excited about the hire and others outright hate it, so bad so I have even read some comments that people are saying the Rooneys should sell the team.  :roll:   I have mixed emotions about it myself, mostly becasue of the fact that this guy to me is such an unknown.

I don't really have a read on the guy yet, but I think he'll be ok if he gets the coaching staff he wants...often that seems to be the critical factor.  Look, it's always a controversy when an established coach leaves, and Cowher was there forever.  I just hope the people up there give the guy a chance, because there is a lot of rebuilding to do.  Believe it or not, there are STILL people here in Dallas that have never forgiven Jerry for getting rid of Landry (who at the time was very clearly past his prime) and don't give a flip about the three superbowls Jimmy and the Boys won.  I suspect that will be pretty much the case up in Pittsburg....until this new guy brings them a superbowl, it'll be "Yeh, but what has this guy really done anyway?"  :roll:

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:05 am 

bclarkie wrote:I should probably add that it seems the people in the Burgh are pretty much split down the middle.  Some folks are excited about the hire and others outright hate it, so bad so I have even read some comments that people are saying the Rooneys should sell the team.  :roll:   I have mixed emotions about it myself, mostly becasue of the fact that this guy to me is such an unknown.

Do you remember or heard from anyone what the reaction was to Cowher's hiring 15 years ago--pretty similar reaction?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:35 am 

MShipley88 wrote:

Seriously.   8O

I'm hoping Penn State will make a move on Cowher to replace Paterno.  A long shot, I know, but it's fun to dream.   :D

Let mirth prevail!

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:10 pm 

Anyone watching the tennis?

Did you see Federer decimate Roddick:  8O  8O  8O

Federer hit 45 winners to just 12 errors, needing only 83 minutes to blitz Roddick 6-4, 6-0, 6-2.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:21 pm 

improvstone wrote:Anyone watching the tennis?

Did you see Federer decimate Roddick:  8O  8O  8O

Ah, a fellow tennis fan.   :D
It'll be on later this afternoon here.  From the article I read about it, Federer just figured out Roddick's serve in the second set and it was all over.  Federer is probably the best ever.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:42 pm 

VermilionFire wrote:Federer is probably the best ever.

He is well on his way to becoming just that.

I feel sorry for Roddick.  He held a great press conference after the game.

"It was frustrating, it was miserable, it sucked, it was terrible. Besides that it was fine,"

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:06 pm 

I will probably catch part of the match this afternoon too.  Federer is definitely dominant in an era where it seems like no one should be.  Is there any record that he won't beat aside from maybe Sampras' Wimbledon record?

Prolific Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:56 pm 

I've always been struck by Federer's humility ...

"...I played incredibly well ... I had one of those days where everything worked and I was unbeatable. It's just unreal, I'm shocked myself. I've played good matches here, but never really almost destroyed somebody. "

Whereas Roddick ....

"It was miserable. It sucked. It was terrible ... You try not to get discouraged. I caught an absolute beating tonight. No doubt about it. You deal with it and you go back to the drawing board"

An té nach mbíonn láidir ní folláir dó bheith glic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-ajduHx5hc

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 4:33 pm 

Hi Guys,

I'm very excited... I just became a Father for the first time today.  8)  :D

My daughter (who wasn't due for a couple of weeks) decided she had had enough and was ready to enter the world.

7lbs 13oz
21 in.
We named her Raislyn Alexandra

I don't smoke, but cyber-cigars for everyone.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 4:45 pm 

Congratulations!  Nothing quite like it - you must be over the moon.  My son turned eleven weeks old yesterday - we have two older kids as well - so the chatter of little voices is never far away.  Best wishes to the whole family!

(Brief aside - by the time she was four, my daughter could identify Tiamat on sight and name each head's breath weapon.  I have high hopes for the girl :D )

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 102 of 111123 ... 99, 100, 101, 102, 103 ... 109110111