Old Random Thoughts Thread or OT Chit Chat Thread :)
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 101 of 111123 ... 98, 99, 100, 101, 102 ... 109110111
Author

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:46 pm 

MShipley88 wrote:The cliche' soccer mom is light on intellect and slightly left-leaning in her politics...because the local Democrat is so handsome...and because she heard somewhere that she's supposed to have certain opinions.  ("I mean, everyone knows....")

The cliche' soccer mom here in the South though, tends to be more conservative.  Her statements of, "I mean everyone knows ...." will, more often than not, reflect a right-leaning sentiment.

The notion that soccer is a "safe" sport is now deeply embedded in upper middle class society here.  I see it and hear it each Fall and Spring.

Makes for a very interesting cultural mix, especially in a State where college football reigns supreme.  

Having kids who play soccer -- and being a college football fan -- I see a "cut-off point" usually around 7th or 8th grade; at approximately this age, interest in soccer drops like a rock.

"Never let it be said I didn’t do the least I could do."

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:23 pm 

Hilarious. Sorry if someone has already posted this....

Fellowship 9/11

http://www.ifilm.com/ifilmdetail/2651184

Michael Moore's searing examination of theAragorn administration's actions in the wake of the tragic events at Helms Deep.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 5:01 pm 

That's funny as hell.  Thanks for posting it.  I badly needed a good laugh today.

Keith

"Never let it be said I didn’t do the least I could do."

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:14 am 

Thank you, thank you, thank you, Peyton Manning and teammates. Personally, I did not need two solid weeks of stories that looked back at the 1986 Bears-Patriots Super Bowl. My eyes still occasionally bleed from when I accidentally watched part of the "Super Bowl Shuffle" video back then ...

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:30 am 

Badmike wrote:Hilarious. Sorry if someone has already posted this....

Fellowship 9/11

http://www.ifilm.com/ifilmdetail/2651184

Michael Moore's searing examination of theAragorn administration's actions in the wake of the tragic events at Helms Deep.

Mike B.

Thanks Mike.  Also enjoyed this one as well http://www.ifilm.com/video/2422201?loomia_si=1

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:32 am 

Thank God the heartwarming stories of how the Saints have saved New Orleans can now go away.

Now, if the Colts can beat the Bears we kill two birds with one placekick:

1)  No more talk about how Manning must win the big one.

2)  We avoid two more decades of ridiculous Bears nostalgia crap.  (They have won a total of 15 playoff games in their history....Tom Brady has 12.)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:00 am 

bombadil wrote:Anybody wanna guess where this is going to end up?

[ Image ]

Hey Bombadil you haven't done any nice graphs for us in a while ... maybe you can do one for the LT?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:32 am 

This year's Bowl was destined to suck no matter what. Now we get to listen to how a black coach will finally win the Super Bowl. Like anyone cares what color the winning coach is...............

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:30 am 

Deadlord39 wrote:This year's Bowl was destined to suck no matter what. Now we get to listen to how a black coach will finally win the Super Bowl. Like anyone cares what color the winning coach is...............

I'm glad I am not the only one who thinks there was no reason to bring the color of the coaches skin into the equation.  Does it really matter that much in the minds of the collective black population?  And what would have happened if the Pats won and Boomer Esiason made a statement congratulating Belichick on being the 48th (wild guess) consecutive white coach to take his team to a Super Bowl?  He'd probably be labeled a racist and fired by CBS.  Hell even Tony Dungee looked embarrased when asked the question about how he felt to be one of the first black coaches to take his team to the Super Bowl.  He was just happy for his team and his friend Lovie.

At least now I can watch the Super Bowl.  If the Pats won I wast even going to bother.  Here's to hoping the Colts kick the crap out of the Bears.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:10 am 

They will.  If you watched the two games yesterday, it couldn't have been more obvious that one QB was a top professional (Manning, whether you like his whining ass or not) and one wasn't (Grossman, a kid who says what he thinks people want to hear, and most of the time has his mind on everything other than the game).

Under the kind of pressure that the Super Bowl presents, Grossman will crack like a robin's egg, while Manning will slowly and methodically take apart the Bears' defense like a surgeon cutting through a tumor, leaving the veins intact while slicing away the shit that's in the way.

Let mirth prevail!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:14 am 

Xaxaxe wrote:Thank you, thank you, thank you, Peyton Manning and teammates. Personally, I did not need two solid weeks of stories that looked back at the 1986 Bears-Patriots Super Bowl. My eyes still occasionally bleed from when I accidentally watched part of the "Super Bowl Shuffle" video back then ...

Yes, X, thank you!  The media hacks are the laziest people alive...it would have made their week so easy to just dig out file footage from 20 years ago and breathlessly compare every element of both teams....ack.  

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:16 am 

MShipley88 wrote:Thank God the heartwarming stories of how the Saints have saved New Orleans can now go away.

2)  We avoid two more decades of ridiculous Bears nostalgia crap.  (They have won a total of 15 playoff games in their history....Tom Brady has 12.)

Yes, I have to agree with all the above.  A severe ass-whipping is deserved by the over-rated Bears.  I'm not a big Manning fan but Grossman with a superbowl ring would be like a Oytugh wearing a velvet dress.....

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:17 am 

MShipley88 wrote:Thank God the heartwarming stories of how the Saints have saved New Orleans can now go away.

Not quite --- I would've preferred a Saints-Colts Super Bowl (winner would win their first**); now we suffer with TWO WEEKS  :!: of:

1)  Comparisons to the '85 Bears;

2)  The Super Bowl Shuffle over and over again  8O ;

3)  Talk about how P. Manning "must" win "THE big one" -- of course, if it HAD been the Saints, the line would be "son QB playing against QB dad's team" :roll: .

4)  Can Colts "D" stop Bears' running game (offense led by the worst QB since the Ravens won their Super Bowl; at least then we knew that the Ravens' "O" was BAD, but their "D" was great . . . can't be said for the Bears).

5)  All the ridiculous questions about there being the first two black head coaches in the Super Bowl and "How does it feel to be a black head coach?"

**NOTE:  Let me correct myself--the first for the Colts since the move to Indianapolis, that is. :oops:

Last edited by sleepyCO on Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:23 am 

Kingofpain89 wrote:
I'm glad I am not the only one who thinks there was no reason to bring the color of the coaches skin into the equation.  Does it really matter that much in the minds of the collective black population?  And what would have happened if the Pats won and Boomer Esiason made a statement congratulating Belichick on being the 48th (wild guess) consecutive white coach to take his team to a Super Bowl?  He'd probably be labeled a racist and fired by CBS.  Hell even Tony Dungee looked embarrased when asked the question about how he felt to be one of the first black coaches to take his team to the Super Bowl.  He was just happy for his team and his friend Lovie.

At least now I can watch the Super Bowl.  If the Pats won I wast even going to bother.  Here's to hoping the Colts kick the crap out of the Bears.

The entire awards ceremonies were so awkward.  I'm sure Dungee and Smith are having to fortify themselves for a week of ass beatings from the media....endless questions about their race, which has no bearing on the game at hand.
  And ditto on the Pats losing...I couldn't have lived in a world with Belichik and Brady getting yet another Superbowl Ring.  I have to admit as much as I enjoyed the game, the post game interviews with a dejected Belichik were great! Besides Tom Coughlin there's no other coach I like seeing getting kicked in the nads...they both just seem like such miserable human beings, and they seem to make everyone around them miserable too...

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:39 am 

Badmike wrote:   And ditto on the Pats losing...I couldn't have lived in a world with Belichik and Brady getting yet another Superbowl Ring.  I have to admit as much as I enjoyed the game, the post game interviews with a dejected Belichik were great! Besides Tom Coughlin there's no other coach I like seeing getting kicked in the nads...they both just seem like such miserable human beings, and they seem to make everyone around them miserable too...

Mike B.

Did you see Belichik when Peyton Manning came up to him to congratulate him on the field?  He didnt even look at him, he just walked away.  And when the CBS reporter interviewed him in the tunnel it looked like he was going to cry.  Coaches arent supposed to cry over losing a football game.  :P

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:42 am 

Badmike wrote:
I have to admit as much as I enjoyed the game, the post game interviews with a dejected Belichik were great!
Mike B.

Yeah, it was SO satisfying watching Hoodie lose that game.  Especially the WAY they lost it:  Brady intercepted.  For hours after the game I was savoring the feeling of not having to watch the Pats in another SB.

By the way, why was Brady wearing that assinine eye-black?  He was the only one wearing it.  

Brady:  "Lights are too bright, Coach.  Can't you ask them to turn them down a bit?"

Hoodie:  "God-damed right they are.  Jesus!  Can't these f*cking amateurs get anything right?  I'll have them turned down right away, but in the meantime, put on some of this eye-black.  It makes you look tougher anyway."

Let mirth prevail!

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:53 am 

Superstition, thats why.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:05 am 

Boy was it nice watching Brady gag last night.  I guess the "Team of the Decade" isn't so infaillable after all. :D

As far as the other game goes, I didn't really have a rooting preference in it  until Reggie Bush gave me an excellent reason to root against the Saints. As soon as I saw that bull sh*t taunt on his touchdown catch, I became an instant Bears fan.  First off, I can't stand it when guys do that at all, there is absolutely no reason to try and show people up during the game, but then to actually have the nuts to do it when you aren't even winning??? Lets just say, I am pretty certain that Reggie Bush got what he deserved. He can watch the Super Bowl on the TV like the rest of America.....

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 101 of 111123 ... 98, 99, 100, 101, 102 ... 109110111