Old Random Thoughts Thread or OT Chit Chat Thread :)
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 95 of 111123 ... 92, 93, 94, 95, 96 ... 109110111
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:07 am 

bclarkie wrote:I should also mention that the BCS game really is a joke in more ways then one(I am fairly certain that this statement surprised no one.

With all due respect, one has does have to wonder if the game tonight would have been played 4 weeks ago, if it would have ended up in the same result.  :?

.....Maybe with a certain UNDEFEATED team from Boise, Idaho as the opponent? :D

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:46 pm 

Yeah..Go Badgers! :D

or better yet..Jump Around!!

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:12 pm 

The Seahawks were one blown kick away from oblivion....yes.

But think about this....the Chargers were one blown coverage away from getting beat by the Seahawks several weeks ago.

One thing that makes this year's NFL playoffs interesting is.....can you think of a team that is a lock for the Super Bowl?

I can't.

Bears - no
Seahawks - God no
eagles - no
Saints - no
Ravens - no
Chargers - no
Patriots - no
Colts - no

The teams in the AFC seem better than the NFC, as a whole, but they have to play each other and none of them seem really dominant.

If the remnants of the Seahawks somehow expose the Bears, then they are one fluke from getting into the Super Bowl.

If it's Bears or eagles in the Super Bowl then I have to cheer for the AFC, even if it means cheering for the Patriots.

More crap piled atop the bogus "Legend of da Bears" would just be too sickening.

Another Super Bowl loss for the eagles' fans to hurt over? Too sweet!

Anyone else here tired of hearing about New Orleans, Katrina, Saints et al?

Mark   8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:28 pm 

MShipley88 wrote:The Seahawks were one blown kick away from oblivion....yes. (1)

can you think of a team that is a lock for the Super Bowl? (2)

Another Super Bowl loss for the eagles' fans to hurt over? Too sweet! (3)

Anyone else here tired of hearing about New Orleans, Katrina, Saints et al? (4)

Mark   8)

1:  Or a safety made through a dumb azzed play call......
You are in the lead by 7 points, Its 3rd down and 10 yards to go, You are on your own 2 yard line and the coach calls a   ZERO YARD   pass all the way across to the side line? To your fourth tier reciever??!!  RUN THE FREEKING BALL UP THE MIDDLE OF THE FIELD COACH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And when your guy gets tackled 4 yards short of a first down, you punt the danged ball to the other guys 40 and play DEFENSE.............

After all, the REASON you have the ball on your own 2 yard line is because your defense kicked thier butts on the last series!!!!!!!!

2: I agree, but I think the Chargers are for real.
Unfortunately I also think da Bears are too.

3: LOL   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

4: Yep.............  :roll:

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Last edited by Gnat the Beggar on Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:29 pm 

MShipley88 wrote:The Seahawks were one blown kick away from oblivion....yes.

But think about this....the Chargers were one blown coverage away from getting beat by the Seahawks several weeks ago.

One thing that makes this year's NFL playoffs interesting is.....can you think of a team that is a lock for the Super Bowl?

I can't.

Bears - no
Seahawks - God no
eagles - no
Saints - no
Ravens - no
Chargers - no
Patriots - no
Colts - no

The teams in the AFC seem better than the NFC, as a whole, but they have to play each other and none of them seem really dominant.

If the remnants of the Seahawks somehow expose the Bears, then they are one fluke from getting into the Super Bowl.

If it's Bears or eagles in the Super Bowl then I have to cheer for the AFC, even if it means cheering for the Patriots.

More crap piled atop the bogus "Legend of da Bears" would just be too sickening.

Another Super Bowl loss for the eagles' fans to hurt over? Too sweet!

Anyone else here tired of hearing about New Orleans, Katrina, Saints et al?

Mark   8)

I think it's funny that the Bears won one superbowl 20 years ago, if you talk to Bears fans you think they won ten in a row.  This present team isn't fit to lick the boots of that team, either.  

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:18 pm 

Badmike wrote:
I think it's funny that the Bears won one superbowl 20 years ago, if you talk to Bears fans you think they won ten in a row.  This present team isn't fit to lick the boots of that team, either.  

Mike B.

I would agree...they pulled a few out of their a** during the final minutes of some of the games and their Quarterback (forgot his name) is a bit inconsistant.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:02 pm 

IttyBitty wrote:
I would agree...they pulled a few out of their a** during the final minutes of some of the games and their Quarterback (forgot his name) is a bit inconsistant.

A bit inconsistent???  :lol:

You are in the lead by 7 points, Its 3rd down and 10 yards to go, You are on your own 2 yard line and the coach calls a ZERO YARD pass all the way across to the side line? To your fourth tier reciever??!! RUN THE FREEKING BALL UP THE MIDDLE OF THE FIELD COACH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah...your not the only one that was screaming at the TV "Bill Parcells you damn idiot!  What the hell are you thinking?" over and over again during that game.

I think it's funny that the Bears won one superbowl 20 years ago, if you talk to Bears fans you think they won ten in a row.

I know that is true.  Had a friend that thought that years Bears team was the best ever to play the game.  Heck, I would take any of the following teams over them any day of the week:

92 Cowboys
89 49'ers
78 Steelers
and of course the 72 Dolphins.  :wink:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:28 pm 

The Bears did not really win the Super Bowl against the Patriots.

They won the Super Bowl several weeks earlier during the AFC playoffs when a late, fluke turnover allowed the Patriots to beat the Raiders.

Change the result of that play and you never hear of the Bears again outside of Chicago.

Mark   8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:13 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote:
I know that is true.  Had a friend that thought that years Bears team was the best ever to play the game.  Heck, I would take any of the following teams over them any day of the week:

92 Cowboys
89 49'ers
78 Steelers
and of course the 72 Dolphins.  :wink:

They had one of the best defenses of all time....but their offense, except for Payton, was a joke.  Have you ever really looked at the season stats of Jim Mcmahon?  He makes Jon Kitna look like freaking Joe Montana.  He had 15 tds and 11 Ints; I think Romo did better than that the last two months of the season (also threw for an undewhelming 2300 yds).  Can you name any WRs off that team? Not a surprise, as they did nothing, Payton led the team in receptions with 49...think about that....
  All the teams you mentioned, King, plus I'd throw in the Warner/Faulk led Rams that won the superbowl in 1999....plus they made it back a couple years later only to lose to a Brady-led Pats team. Warner had 41 TDs that year vs 13 Ints, for over 4000 yds (League MVP), Faulk had 1000 yds rushing and 1000 yds receiving with 12 tds (Offensive player of the year), They had the #1 offense and #7 Defense, and a 13-3 regular season record.  The Greatest Show on Turf was something to watch during their heydey.

Mike b.

NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:35 pm 

BTW, completely off topic (perfect for this thread), can we ever get some sort of live chat on the Acaeum?  Or does that involve way too much work?  It would be fun. Deimos and I were chatting over at Dragonsfoot the other night and it was a blast.  It would definitely facilitate deal making...
:D
Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:54 pm 

Ok, this is very important, and I seriously want everyone's input:

During the holidays I got back on my stationary bike after a long layoff (and about 15 extra pounds).  I typically watch dvd shows while riding for an hour a pop.  Lately, I've worked my way through Firefly, Battlestar Galactica, The Shield seasons 1 & 2, Alias Season 1.  That should give you an overview of the type of stuff I like. Right now, I want to start a series I've never watched that I have several seasons of, so it can take me right through to the summer.  I have the complete runs of Babylon 5 and Farscape; I've never seen an episode of either show (seriously; I never had cable during the 90s).  Which one did you like more and why?  Which one should I watch first?  Should I alternate seasons or just plow through the complete seasons of each?  Need advice here...

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:53 pm 

Badmike wrote:I have the complete runs of Babylon 5 and Farscape; I've never seen an episode of either show (seriously; I never had cable during the 90s).  Which one did you like more and why?  Which one should I watch first?  Should I alternate seasons or just plow through the complete seasons of each?  Need advice here...

Mike, if you can concentrate on a tv show while riding a bike you aren't working hard enough.  Get out there and do some hills :-)

I am a bit of a Farscape fan so I would sit through that one 1st.  For some reason I couldn't get into Babylon 5.  

Unfortunatley with most shows I have seen I never get to see all episodes.  BG is one I definitely want to get ahold of.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:43 pm 

Badmike wrote:Ok, this is very important, and I seriously want everyone's input:

I have the complete runs of Babylon 5 and Farscape; I've never seen an episode of either show (seriously; I never had cable during the 90s).  Which one did you like more and why?  Which one should I watch first?  Should I alternate seasons or just plow through the complete seasons of each?  Need advice here...

Mike B.

I have been a B5 fan since it came out and I can definitely say that it is a wonderful series. Getting through the first season will take some dedication but it sets the groundwork for the Shadow War and things to come. There is a lot of foreshadowing in the first season which makes you have to pay attention (on a bike should be no problem). After the first season you will see what my username is derived from. Some excellent space combats and special effects really enhance the series. Watch it on a hidef or 32"+ TV with surrond sound.

Go here for the episode/movie timeline and info on the series:

Lurker's Guide: Master Episode List

As far as FARSCAPE, my bother and sister-in-law were dedicated viewers and swore by the series. I always thought it was a bit odd (DR Whoish)

Anyway, Enjoy B5
Kosh

"Ah, you seek meaning? Then listen to the music, not the song."

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Last edited by Kosh Vorlontay on Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:46 pm 

Never saw Farscape so I can't comment on it, but I thought B5 was great.  The first four seasons are fantastic, about the best sci-fi I've ever seen, and some of the finest storytelling of any genre too.  It's a story arc that was well planned and executed.  The characters have depth and experience change based on what occurs in previous episodes.  There's no reset button as there often is in Star Trek.  It was planned from the beginning as a five year show, but the suits at Warner Brothers weren't pleased with the middling ratings and told the creator to finish up the story in the fourth season, which he did a bit too quickly.  Then TBS picked it up for a fifth season which just meandered because the creator had already finished his planned story at the end of season four.  I wish I could watch B5 for the first time again, I envy you.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:52 pm 

Kosh Vorlontay wrote:I always thought it was a bit odd (DR Whoish)

Steady on .. there is nothing wrong with Dr Who.   :wink:  

Kosh Vorlontay wrote: Some excellent space combats and special effects really enhance the series. Watch it on a hidef or 32"+ TV.

Now that I have a large hi def plasma I will have rent the series and rewatch ...

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:52 pm 

VermilionFire wrote:Never saw Farscape so I can't comment on it, but I thought B5 was great.  The first four seasons are fantastic, about the best sci-fi I've ever seen, and some of the finest storytelling of any genre too.  It's a story arc that was well planned and executed.  The characters have depth and experience change based on what occurs in previous episodes.  There's no reset button as there often is in Star Trek.  It was planned from the beginning as a five year show, but the suits at Warner Brothers weren't pleased with the middling ratings and told the creator to finish up the story in the fourth season, which he did a bit too quickly.  Then TBS picked it up for a fifth season which just meandered because the creator had already finished his planned story at the end of season four.  I wish I could watch B5 for the first time again, I envy you.

Netflix my friend, that way you can get it in the order it needs to be seen.

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:54 pm 

improvstone wrote:
Now that I have a large hi def plasma I will have rent the series and rewatch ...

Most definitely, you will not be disappointed. It also has a very well constructed music score too.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:03 am 

Kosh Vorlontay wrote:Most definitely, you will not be disappointed. It also has a very well constructed music score too.

Cool ... You are welcome to join me ... just bring the beer  :lol:

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 95 of 111123 ... 92, 93, 94, 95, 96 ... 109110111