Old Random Thoughts Thread or OT Chit Chat Thread :)
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 94 of 111123 ... 91, 92, 93, 94, 95 ... 109110111
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 9:41 pm 

What about splitting the package into two 1.25kg packages--any cheaper?

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:57 pm 

sleepyCO wrote:What about splitting the package into two 1.25kg packages--any cheaper?

Just did the calculation on that and it still works out to about $27.00 US per package.

Good suggestion though!

Jason W.

Check out my Chaosium sourcebook.
Secrets of Tibet

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:25 pm 

How many magazines would you have to take out to get a significant reduction in shipping? If you can figure that out, give the seller that option - either all or half or a quarter - his choice depending on how much shipping he wants to pay.

Your situation certainly sounds annoying. I would flat out refuse if I had already packaged the items for shipping - which I generally do before giving a shipping estimate, and can take a significant amount of time.

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:46 am 

zhowar wrote:Your situation certainly sounds annoying. I would flat out refuse if I had already packaged the items for shipping - which I generally do before giving a shipping estimate, and can take a significant amount of time.

I already had the items packaged when I sent the buyer the invoice with the shipping price. I had been saving a box that would specifically fit that lot if it sold and if I end up breaking the lot up, I will either have to use the same box with more filler or purchase something from a shipping supplies store.  :(

They have already indicated that they would send payment through to me on Thursday. At this point I don't think I could offer anything that would make them happy about the transaction. I guess my initial reaction was caused by their attempt to negotiate for a lower price after the auction had closed. :roll:

Jason W.

Check out my Chaosium sourcebook.
Secrets of Tibet

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:53 am 

Since this is the season . . . . . .
MERRY CHRISTMAS

and . . . . . . . .
HAPPY NEW YEAR 2007!!!

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 5:51 am 

killjoy32 wrote:
well tbh being in the UK, i dont get much chance to watch the US sports, but just now and then, i quite enjoy just chillin and watching the odd game. SF looked incredibly ordinary against NO. that running back (forget his name) looked pretty damn impressive.

with regards to the jets, they are really the only team i have ever liked, so have just stuck with them all down the years. its nice to see them having something of a run at last and maybe sneak in there with a chance....who knows!

Al

ps. not bad from a guy who knows feck all about it :D

Al if you check this board in time..the Jets are in the playoffs and play New England this Sunday        (game is at 1:00 pm EST)

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:31 pm 

I've seen some piss poor football games in my time....but the Cowboys-Seahawks game just blew the doors off of all of them.  I have never seen a team give away so many opportunities than the Cowboys did tonight.  Tony Blowmo should pass on going to the pro bowl and let Jeff Garcia go in his place.  He doesnt deserve to go.

:evil:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:43 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote:I've seen some piss poor football games in my time....but the Cowboys-Seahawks game just blew the doors off of all of them.  I have never seen a team give away so many opportunities than the Cowboys did tonight.  Tony Blowmo should pass on going to the pro bowl and let Jeff Garcia go in his place.  He doesnt deserve to go.

:evil:

You must have missed the Chiefs/Colts game then.  The Chiefs went almost three quarters without a first down.  Trent Green had 2 yds passing the first half.  All that, and the Colts were barely hanging onto a lead.  The Cowboys/Seahawks game was the freaking Ice Bowl in comparison. But in how many ways did Romo lose that game?  Fumbling the FG attempt, then not getting the TD while running with the ball, then not even getting the first down, then actually frikking fumbling the ball.  I'm about ready to go back to the draft to see if we can get a QB and stick Romo back on the bench as backup. Honestly, you are right, he should give up his spot, Romo played like a retarded Tommy Maddox the last three games.
  And what the hell is wrong with Tony Romo's hands? What an idiot.  Is he sticking them so far up Carrie Underwood that they are still slicked up when he's out on the field?  Sheesh.  Cowboys really didn't deserve to win.  I predict the Hawks will lose by three TDs to either the Bears or Saints, whoever gets the honor of a cheap easy win next week.  I'm debating whether to even watch tomorrow's wild card games on the off chance they blow as much as these two did.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:06 am 

Philly shouldn't disappoint, the Jets/Pats eh who knows..course don't forget about the Ohio and Florida as the late game (at least that game should be interesting.)

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:12 am 

Plaag wrote:Philly shouldn't disappoint, the Jets/Pats eh who knows..course don't forget about the Ohio and Florida as the late game (at least that game should be interesting.)

ShaneG.

The Eagles might win by 20. The Giants are pathetic.  The Jets/Pats might be the most interesting game of the entire weekend.  Hell, the college championship might be the most professionally played game of them all when it's done...

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:58 am 

This is shaping up to be a difficult NFL playoff for me....

Seahawks versus the Cowboys....my two teams...I had to cheer for the Cowboys.

I really hate the eagles.  I refuse to even capitalize their name.  I even try to avoid things like philly cheese steak sandwiches.  (It is no coincidence that philadelphia is the only NFL team with a jail and courtroom built right into their stadium....)

But...the eagles have the most interesting story in the NFC and I am finding it hard not to cheer for them against the remaining NFC teams.

I just don't buy the feel-good New Orleans thing....

I will not be able to tolerate another decade of talk about the Bears....

That leaves me with my only possible winning scenario...an AFC Super Bowl champion....figuring that the Seahawks are laughable as a contender at the moment.

So, I guess my hope for a good scenario is a Bears Super Bowl loss (yuk yuk!) or (really good)....the eagles go to the Super Bowl and lose to the San Diego Chargers on a series of intensely frustrating bad calls.

The Cowboys were never a legitimate Super Bowl team anyway.  They barely deserved to be in the playoffs....Romo or not.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:31 am 

MShipley88 wrote:This is shaping up to be a difficult NFL playoff for me....

Seahawks versus the Cowboys....my two teams...I had to cheer for the Cowboys.

I really hate the eagles.  I refuse to even capitalize their name.  I even try to avoid things like philly cheese steak sandwiches.  (It is no coincidence that philadelphia is the only NFL team with a jail and courtroom built right into their stadium....)

But...the eagles have the most interesting story in the NFC and I am finding it hard not to cheer for them against the remaining NFC teams.

I just don't buy the feel-good New Orleans thing....

I will not be able to tolerate another decade of talk about the Bears....

That leaves me with my only possible winning scenario...an AFC Super Bowl champion....figuring that the Seahawks are laughable as a contender at the moment.

So, I guess my hope for a good scenario is a Bears Super Bowl loss (yuk yuk!) or (really good)....the eagles go to the Super Bowl and lose to the San Diego Chargers on a series of intensely frustrating bad calls.

The Cowboys were never a legitimate Super Bowl team anyway.  They barely deserved to be in the playoffs....Romo or not.

Cowboys certainly didn't enter on a roll...realistically they are a season away at least, Romo has a lot of pro football still to learn (especially the part about not dropping the snap for the FG...)
 Seeing as the Seahawks are one fumbled hold away from oblivion, I can't think they will win this week.  I detest the Eagles. The Bears are the original nude Emperor.  So, it's the Saints in the NFC hopefully.  In the AFC, I'm going Chargers all the way.  Tomlinson is from my college (TCU), and Rivers is a really good story (dumped by the Giants for the rights to Eli "Wah Wah" Manning, having to play behind Drew Brees, etc).  The Pats don't deserve another Superbowl, the Ravens are as exciting to watch as clothes drying (although I do hold a good thought for McNair after being treated like trash by the Titans), and the Colts are an overrated joke. Plus, the added joy of a Saints/Chargers Superbowl, one team who has never had a ring will get one, and TV execs all over america will commit suicide en mass with two small market teams making it to the big game (don't you know when BOTH New York teams lost yesterday there was several suicide attempts right there by the higher ups in TV land).

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:40 pm 

Yes, it's going to be Chargers - Saints, and it's going to be a hell of a great Super Bowl.

I'm LOVING the Eagles right now, mainly because of Garcia, though I've always been a fan.  But there's no way in hell they're going to come close to beating the Saints.  Doesn't really matter who the NFC sends anyway, because the Chargers are unstoppable.  

Back when I was a youngster, I was a big Broncos fan, and always hated but admired the Chargers (Dan Fouts and that running back with the weird goggles...what was his name, Muncie?, the great receivers, etc.).  Now that the Broncos have put that inane girly-boy Cutler in for Plummer, I'm choking in disgust.  Go Chargers!

Let mirth prevail!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:06 pm 

bombadil wrote:Yes, it's going to be Chargers - Saints, and it's going to be a hell of a great Super Bowl.

I'm LOVING the Eagles right now, mainly because of Garcia, though I've always been a fan.  But there's no way in hell they're going to come close to beating the Saints.  Doesn't really matter who the NFC sends anyway, because the Chargers are unstoppable.  

Back when I was a youngster, I was a big Broncos fan, and always hated but admired the Chargers (Dan Fouts and that running back with the weird goggles...what was his name, Muncie?, the great receivers, etc.).  Now that the Broncos have put that inane girly-boy Cutler in for Plummer, I'm choking in disgust.  Go Chargers!

As much as I absolutely hate it say it, I would not count out Baltimore.  I freaking hat the Criminals, I mean the Ravens, but with that defense they are capable of beating anyone.  Before everyone crowns the Chargers,  I think a few factors also need to be taken into consideration:

1) Not to take anything away from LaDainian Tomlinson as he had a fantastic season, but look at his numbers(both this year and in the past) agains stout defenses.  The two toughest defenses he facd this ear were the Steelers and the Ravens.  His numbers against those two defenses were not that good. On Oct 1 versus the Ravens he went 26 rushes for 98 yards with a 3.8 avg and no touchdowns(mixed in with that was one run of 29 yards, which if you eliminate brings him down to a total 69 yards and an avg of 2.76 yards per carry) and he has 1 reception for 7 yards and no TDs.  the following week against the Steelers he had 13 carries for 36 yards with a 2.8 average(one of which was actually a 12 yard run  which if you take away leaves you with 12 carries for 24 yards and a 2 yard per carry average) and 8 catches for 34 yards and No TDs.   These are not exactly barn burning numbers.   (Aside, the guy who really killed the Steelers that game was Michael Turner.)

2)  Philip Rivers is both still in his first year starting as quarterback and he has also yet to play in a single playoff game yet. That does not necessarily translate into a definte bad result, although more times than not it doesn't bode very well.  On top of that, Rivers has not looked particularly good towards the end of the season with his passing numbers and he also seems to have developed a case of the fumbles (4 in his last five games to go along with 3 picks).  They have been lucky so far to have not lost most of them(lost only 1 of the 4), but if some of those balls roll the wrong way, things could defintiely go bad for them.

3)  Marty Schottenheimer.  I have nothing against him and I believe that he is a great coach, perhaps one of the best ever, but his post season numbers are not good at all at 5-12.   Once again that is not saying that the Chargers are doomed to failure because of this and perhaps with a bounce or two that his record doesn't look a lot better than it is, but I think that it is something that does need to be factored in as the games are played.

Saying all of that, I would still say that the Chargers are the favorites, but I would not hand them the Lombardi Trophy just yet.  :wink:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:23 pm 

bombadil wrote:Yes, it's going to be Chargers - Saints, and it's going to be a hell of a great Super Bowl.

You have to give props to Garcia...he's just raised his value immensely, and showed he can still start in this league.

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:29 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
As much as I absolutely hate it say it, I would not count out Baltimore.  I freaking hat the Criminals, I mean the Ravens, but with that defense they are capable of beating anyone.  Before everyone crowns the Chargers,  I think a few factors also need to be taken into consideration:

1) Not to take anything away from LaDainian Tomlinson as he had a fantastic season, but look at his numbers(both this year and in the past) agains stout defenses.  The two toughest defenses he facd this ear were the Steelers and the Ravens.  His numbers against those two defenses were not that good. On Oct 1 versus the Ravens he went 26 rushes for 98 yards with a 3.8 avg and no touchdowns(mixed in with that was one run of 29 yards, which if you eliminate brings him down to a total 69 yards and an avg of 2.76 yards per carry) and he has 1 reception for 7 yards and no TDs.  the following week against the Steelers he had 13 carries for 36 yards with a 2.8 average(one of which was actually a 12 yard run  which if you take away leaves you with 12 carries for 24 yards and a 2 yard per carry average) and 8 catches for 34 yards and No TDs.   These are not exactly barn burning numbers.   (Aside, the guy who really killed the Steelers that game was Michael Turner.)

2)  Philip Rivers is both still in his first year starting as quarterback and he has also yet to play in a single playoff game yet. That does not necessarily translate into a definte bad result, although more times than not it doesn't bode very well.  On top of that, Rivers has not looked particularly good towards the end of the season with his passing numbers and he also seems to have developed a case of the fumbles (4 in his last five games to go along with 3 picks).  They have been lucky so far to have not lost most of them(lost only 1 of the 4), but if some of those balls roll the wrong way, things could defintiely go bad for them.

3)  Marty Schottenheimer.  I have nothing against him and I believe that he is a great coach, perhaps one of the best ever, but his post season numbers are not good at all at 5-12.   Once again that is not saying that the Chargers are doomed to failure because of this and perhaps with a bounce or two that his record doesn't look a lot better than it is, but I think that it is something that does need to be factored in as the games are played.

Saying all of that, I would still say that the Chargers are the favorites, but I would not hand them the Lombardi Trophy just yet.  :wink:

I would have to say Rivers is the weak link in that chain, definitely.  It should come down to a Ravens/Chargers championship, which would be awesome.  If it weren't for their owner, who is the personification of evil, I might even give the Ravens some love.  Certainly Steve McNair deserves some after the shabby way he was treated this off season by his former team....not being allowed to work out at the facility, not being told his status for starting after they drafted Vince Young, being told he was damaged goods, etc...and all for the QB that took them to the Superbowl, while playing hurt most of the last five years.  I'd love to see McNair hoist a middle finger in the direction of Titans owner Bud Adams, the man who singelhandedly destroyed football in Houston.

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:23 pm 

RPGnow/DrivethruRPG appear to have been hacked. Anyone who has some credit card information stored there might want to follow the link:

OgreCave story

Apologies if this was posted somewhere else; I've been offline for like two weeks.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:57 pm 

MShipley88 wrote:This is shaping up to be a difficult NFL playoff for me....

....I will not be able to tolerate another decade of talk about the Bears....

GO BEARS!!!!!!!!

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 94 of 111123 ... 91, 92, 93, 94, 95 ... 109110111