Old Random Thoughts Thread or OT Chit Chat Thread :)
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 91 of 111123 ... 88, 89, 90, 91, 92 ... 109110111
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:22 am 

Plaag wrote:
Yeah, yeah..we had the AFC in the 80's, 90's...seems fitting that they have a shot at taking some superbowls now.

All I know is the Packers aren't in the hunt, but as long as Chicago doesn't make it to the Superbowl I'll be happy :wink:
GO DALLAS!

ShaneG.

Dont' worry Shane...from what I saw of the QB play of the Bears today (Rex GROSSman) they might win 14 games and still lose the first playoff game they are in this year.  A great defense can take you far, but my god, you at least have to have a human being playing QB and not a spastic love child of a jack in the box and a blind rag doll.  He's awful, I wouldn't be surprised if Griese is in there before long...

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:27 am 

Badmike wrote:
Dont' worry Shane...from what I saw of the QB play of the Bears today (Rex GROSSman) they might win 14 games and still lose the first playoff game they are in this year.  A great defense can take you far, but my god, you at least have to have a human being playing QB and not a spastic love child of a jack in the box and a blind rag doll.  He's awful, I wouldn't be surprised if Griese is in there before long...

Mike B.

One one more thing before next week...how about my man Vince Young? You think those brainiacs in Houston are rueing the day they passed him up for some defensive schulb no one has heard of this year?  Oh yeh one more thing...

ROMO FRICKING RULES!!!!

One minute left, he drives the team downfield for the FG!  The legend continues!!!!!!!!

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:48 am 

bclarkie wrote:
As far as the Indianopolis game goes, you are absolutely 100% correct in saying that was perhaps the worst call of all time.  You know what though,  the Steelers still won that game despite the fact that call went against them.  That is exactly what great teams do, they overcome adversity and win games despite blown calls if and when they occur.  Thats why we won Super Bowl 40, no asterisk needed.

Your blogger guy raises some good points about the game.  Jerramy Stevens, in particular, deserves to wake up with nightmares of regret the rest of his life.

Did you notice that your blogger agreed with all my points?  I did not say the game was fixed.  I said the officials made several crucial bad calls because of the picture they held in their heads.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:01 am 

MShipley88 wrote:
Your blogger guy raises some good points about the game.  Jerramy Stevens, in particular, deserves to wake up with nightmares of regret the rest of his life.

Did you notice that your blogger agreed with all my points?  I did not say the game was fixed.  I said the officials made several crucial bad calls because of the picture they held in their heads.

How do you explain the blown calls that went against the Steelers, especially the blatanlty missed illegal block in the back call on Ben's interception that led to Seattle's only touchdown then?  Or perhaps when Stevens fumble suddenly was blown dead as an incomplete pass?  Was that them also being blinded by the picture in thier heads or was that something totally different?

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:33 am 

bclarkie wrote:
How do you explain the blown calls that went against the Steelers, especially the blatanlty missed illegal block in the back call on Ben's interception that led to Seattle's only touchdown then?  Or perhaps when Stevens fumble suddenly was blown dead as an incomplete pass?  Was that them also being blinded by the picture in thier heads or was that something totally different?

I don't have any dog in this fight, being a Cowboy fan, but I distinctly remember three things about that game: #1, I thought is wasn't just the worst officiated Superbowl I'd ever seen in my life, but one of the worst officated NFL games PERIOD I'd ever seen and I watch football 24/7 pretty much.  Every ref that worked that game should be barred from any type of meaningful playoff interaction forever.  #2, I remember thinking that Big Ben was the worst QB of a winning SB team I'd ever seen (the stats bear me out I believe); it's though they won in SPITE of him; and #3, The Hawks simply blew far, far too many opportunities.  The Steelers were BEGGING to get beat this game; the Hawks just couldn't close the deal.  I think you play that game 10 times, the Hawks win 8 out of ten of those.  It was just the Steelers year.  Trust me on this, I see the Jackie Smith dropped TD pass in my nightmares some nights.

Then again, hopefully Steelers fans see those two beautiful Neil Odonnell passes straight to Larry Brown in their nightmares!!!

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:41 am 

Badmike wrote:
I don't have any dog in this fight, being a Cowboy fan, but I distinctly remember three things about that game: #1, I thought is wasn't just the worst officiated Superbowl I'd ever seen in my life, but one of the worst officated NFL games PERIOD I'd ever seen and I watch football 24/7 pretty much.  Every ref that worked that game should be barred from any type of meaningful playoff interaction forever.  #2, I remember thinking that Big Ben was the worst QB of a winning SB team I'd ever seen (the stats bear me out I believe); it's though they won in SPITE of him; and #3, The Hawks simply blew far, far too many opportunities.  The Steelers were BEGGING to get beat this game; the Hawks just couldn't close the deal.  I think you play that game 10 times, the Hawks win 8 out of ten of those.  It was just the Steelers year.  Trust me on this, I see the Jackie Smith dropped TD pass in my nightmares some nights.

Then again, hopefully Steelers fans see those two beautiful Neil Odonnell passes straight to Larry Brown in their nightmares!!!

Mike B.

I am not arguing that the officiating didn't suck, anybody who watched the games knows that it did.  My only argument is that as much as the Seattle fans out there don't want people to believe it, it sucked for both teams not just the one.  As far as the game went, aside from the officiating, both teams left a lot to be desired.  Neither team was particularly sharp and to be honest if it was possible both teams probably deserved to lose the game.  Since there has to be a winner though, the Steelers won and it was not because of the officiating.

The one thing that I would disagree with you on is that if Seattle played the Steelers in 10 games last year, there is no way that they would have beat us in 8 of them.  My opinion may very well be biased, but that doesn't necessarily mean that I am wrong either.  I honestly believe that the best team won the game last year, regardless of how it all ended upgoing down in the SB.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:49 am 

Big comeback today Al,

As you said, and I've been telling the guys at work - it's going to end in a draw. There just isn't enough time left to get a result.

I'm annoyed 'cause I have to work whilst they're playing, and get home after the replay's been on - they replay the last session directly after play ends so it's good on the weekend, just not during the week.

The 3rd test is going to be even better. England knows they can score big runs, Aussies have to restrain your batting, excellent.

You never know though both teams may turn the last day into a one-dayer and lash out  :D

"Don't tempt me, I can resist anything but temptation"

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:30 am 

Bren, it will defo end in a draw now, no doubt about it.

i am just glad that england have finally shown they can stand up to the aussies. i just hope they get their bowling sorted out for the next test so we can equal things, and then make it damn interesting again, just like the last ashes.

great comeback though by the oz middle order there. some superb batting. though if we had took our chances, it could have been so different. hoggard was fab or what eh?

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:36 am 

No way will or should England risk a last day lash. One down we can come back from - two nil and we might as well pack up and go home.

Realistically only England can lose from the positions as at the end of day 4 - thru a first session Warne-induced batting collapse. We are what 97 ahead? We need to bat out to lunch - say another 100 or so for a couple of wickets but by then there is no realistic chance of bowling Australia out in two sessions without Monty.

Agree the Third Test has all the makings of a cracker - I just wish we had more than one two-day warm up game between tests. Our bowlers need overs (bar Freddie if his heal is going to play up again, fingers crossed) - especially Harmie who has shown signs of getting his line and length back in this match but needs to build on that outside the pressure of a Test.

Cheers!
Nick

"Anyone who's against us we'll crush. In fact anyone who isn't for us we'll crush!" - attrib. Tex Colson (Nixon Campaign Aide)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:40 am 

hey you US guys.

i was watching that Dallas / NY giants game last night - good match man!

i didnt catch the end though, so who won in the end?

i did note however that the Jets had a good win! (woohoo! )

hope they have a chance of getting in the playoffs now!

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:57 am 

Dallas won, by 3 points.

Let mirth prevail!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:31 am 

killjoy32 wrote:hey you US guys.

i was watching that Dallas / NY giants game last night - good match man!

i didnt catch the end though, so who won in the end?

i did note however that the Jets had a good win! (woohoo! )

hope they have a chance of getting in the playoffs now!

Al

Game tied with one minute, Dallas got the ball...Romo hits his TE Jason Witten for a long pass that puts them in FG range.  Their new kicker, Martin Grammatica, hits the FG with 1 second left to give the Boys the win.  Giants have lost their 4th in a row and are reeling; I  can't wait to see Tom Coughlin's press conference this week....
    I'm still not completely sold on the Jets yet....but they seem to be peaking at just the right time.   If Pennington is healthy the rest of the way they should make some noise in the playoffs.

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:47 am 

Badmike wrote:Their new kicker, Martin Grammatica, hits the FG with 1 second left to give the Boys the win.  

Obviously a very religious guy, in addition to being a good clutch kicker.  Nice win, wasn't it?   :D

Let mirth prevail!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:12 am 

To make things really interesting, the Cowboys should sign Todd Sauerbrun.  :twisted:    Hell, who knows that might even take some of the media heat off of MeO, I mean TO.  :P

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:44 am 

Badmike wrote:
Game tied with one minute, Dallas got the ball...Romo hits his TE Jason Witten for a long pass that puts them in FG range.  Their new kicker, Martin Grammatica, hits the FG with 1 second left to give the Boys the win.  Giants have lost their 4th in a row and are reeling; I  can't wait to see Tom Coughlin's press conference this week....
    I'm still not completely sold on the Jets yet....but they seem to be peaking at just the right time.   If Pennington is healthy the rest of the way they should make some noise in the playoffs.

Mike B.

well tbh being in the UK, i dont get much chance to watch the US sports, but just now and then, i quite enjoy just chillin and watching the odd game. SF looked incredibly ordinary against NO. that running back (forget his name) looked pretty damn impressive.

with regards to the jets, they are really the only team i have ever liked, so have just stuck with them all down the years. its nice to see them having something of a run at last and maybe sneak in there with a chance....who knows!

the dallas / giants game, i thought either team could have won that really. there was one pass that shockey didnt catch midfield. if he had got that, i think it could have tipped the other way, but hey there ya go.

Al

ps. not bad from a guy who knows feck all about it :D

Are we nearly there yet?

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:53 am 

killjoy32 wrote:
ps. not bad from a guy who knows feck all about it :D

Better than I can do . . . I've been trying to follow the conversation between you and Adder and I simply have absolutely no idea what you both are talking about!  :D

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:04 pm 

Beyondthebreach wrote:
Better than I can do . . . I've been trying to follow the conversation between you and Adder and I simply have absolutely no idea what you both are talking about!  :D

Me too, I seriously spent half my day yesterday trying to figure out the rules of cricket and how its played.

*scratches head*

I still really don't have much of a clue.  :?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:35 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
Me too, I seriously spent half my day yesterday trying to figure out the rules of cricket and how its played.

*scratches head*

I still really don't have much of a clue.  :?

ya know guys, in a lot of ways, its NOT that different from baseball.

it is easy man!

i think we get more exposure to your sports, than you probably do to ours....

Al

ps. brendon: whats the situation over there with glenn mcgrath? he looked really tired and off the pace of things there. do you think they will stick with him in the next test? your pace attack has prb had about the same penetration as ours has...ie. not much :D

Are we nearly there yet?

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 91 of 111123 ... 88, 89, 90, 91, 92 ... 109110111