Old Random Thoughts Thread or OT Chit Chat Thread :)
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 89 of 111123 ... 86, 87, 88, 89, 90 ... 109110111
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:26 am 

sleepyCO wrote:As for Seattle "not running enough"--Alexander:  40 for 201 yards, 5.0 average.  And the Packers--get #4 some GOOD HELP in the wideouts.

Alexander began to rack up the yardage only after four (4) disastrous turnovers from the passing game.

In an ice or snow game, the advantage lies with the offense, particularly when the defense is forced to move laterally in response to a run play.

Alexander got most of his yards running wide left, on plays where the Packers defense had to slide right to stop him.

One would think Holmgren might have known that from the start.

By the way...the same snowstorm that hit the stadium buried my house in snow.  We have had snow drifts, cracking trees and power outages for the past 36 hours.

Mark   8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:29 am 

sleepyCO wrote:Seems to me that the Steelers' biggest mistake--after letting Antoine Randle-El go by free agency--was letting Roethisberger even start the season, when they had a backup who has demonstrated ability to run the offense (and seems to have the confidence of the team), at least for the first four weeks.  THEN let #7 come in and who knows what happens?

Nothing against Randal El he is a good player, but I don't think that losing him comes anywhere close to loss of Bettis.  I also think the Steelers were wise to let him go for the price that Washington paid to bring him in, he just wasn't worth anywhere close to that much.  As noted, Washington isn't exactly tearing it up with him either. Like I said he was a good player, just not good enough to have made this season much different that it was.

As far as Ben goes, I agree with you there 100%.  I almost got the impression that the orginization got scared that if Charlie Batch started to play too well, then people would start up the good old "Quarter back" controvery BS. :?   I also, think that he should have never played in the Oakland game the week after the concussion, because people just don't come back that quickly from concussions, it just doesn't happen.  They can say all they want that it was not the reason that he played so poorly, but I say BS, just because he said that felt okay doesn't necessarily mean its was the case.  Even if your head isn't hurting and you don't seem to have any lingering symptons doesn't mean that you are going to be mentally sharp as you normally are, he had freaking head trama for Christ's sake, the second time in 4 months.  :?   In the NFL, guys who are 100% and paying attention get hammered on a weekly basis anyway, a slow down in your mental facilities can be nothing but extremely bad for both your overall health for one and how you play the game for another.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:21 am 

bclarkie wrote:I don't think that losing him comes anywher close to loss of Bettis.

You said it all right there.

Let mirth prevail!

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:34 am 

So I gather that "Expedition To ..." will become a regular series for WotC:

Expedition to the Ruins of Greyhawk

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:57 am 

Xaxaxe wrote:So I gather that "Expedition To ..." will become a regular series for WotC:

I think these are a great marketing tool - Its a touchstone for 30 somethings like me - you see it on the shelf and it brings memories of your youth flooding back  - hey presto WOTC are $35 richer! Also this will increase the base of D&D collectors - Of those that buy this 3.5E thing, there will be a few that seek out the old school stuff, hopefully we'll soon be welcoming them to this site :D

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:07 am 

gyg wrote:I think these are a great marketing tool - Its a touchstone for 30 somethings like me

Agree completely. Love 'em or hate 'em, give Wizards credit for trying to tap into what could be a lucrative market. I'll probably buy the Demonweb Pits adventure that is coming out in early '07 (mentioned elsewhere on this thread, IIRC).

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:12 am 

Xaxaxe wrote:Agree completely. Love 'em or hate 'em, give Wizards credit for trying to tap into what could be a lucrative market. I'll probably buy the Demonweb Pits adventure that is coming out in early '07 (mentioned elsewhere on this thread, IIRC).

IMO, if they were so interested in the older 1st editions gamer market, then they would sell them what we really want, rather than cramming thier own abomination err.........  thier own creation down our throats.  :?   I know that sounds harsh, but the fact remains that if you play D&D(or played D&D in the past) and are not already playing 3.0/3.5 E, the chances of you switching over or starting up again if you haven't already done so by now isn't very likely.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 10:12 am 

Xaxaxe wrote:So I gather that "Expedition To ..." will become a regular series for WotC:

What I would like to know is will they follow up the original Expedition to the Barrier Peaks with Another Expedition to the Barrier Peaks?  Or will it be called something else?   :roll:

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 10:16 am 

Kingofpain89 wrote:What I would like to know is will they follow up the original Expedition to the Barrier Peaks with Another Expedition to the Barrier Peaks?  Or will it be called something else?   :roll:

"Expedition to the Barrier Peaks 2: Electric Boogaloo"

:lol:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:58 am 

Expeditions to the Cash Cows of Old

As for the Barrier Peaks....how about....

Return to the Scene of the Mind Crime

The thing is, I liked Barrier Peaks.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:28 pm 

How about...

"Let's make our customers pay for a market survey to see if we can make a buck from repackaging old material".   :lol:

JasonW

Check out my Chaosium sourcebook.
Secrets of Tibet

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:43 am 

I need some HUNTERS!

Way off the beaten path for this forum but I'm getting frustrated trying to find this file:

axis_133.exe

This is the patch fro the original Axis and Allies pc game that came out in 1998 I believe. There was an add-on called Iron Btitz which I have. Anyway, I search for it on the net and everywhere I go the site that has it wants me to "subscribe" to them for it and they charge from $9.99 to $20.00 WTF, I just want a patch for the program, not a marrage to their damn site. Its a simple patch and for some reason Hasbro Interactive does not even support it and the only way to patch it is to get it from a 3rd party which is bullshit. So does anyone out there have this patch or a location of where I can get it and not get extorted into a subscription for a site or magazine?!?!?!?

Help....anyone.
Kosh

"Ah, you seek meaning? Then listen to the music, not the song."

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:22 am 

Kosh Vorlontay wrote:I need some HUNTERS!

Way off the beaten path for this forum but I'm getting frustrated trying to find this file:

axis_133.exe

This is the patch fro the original Axis and Allies pc game that came out in 1998 I believe. There was an add-on called Iron Btitz which I have. Anyway, I search for it on the net and everywhere I go the site that has it wants me to "subscribe" to them for it and they charge from $9.99 to $20.00 WTF, I just want a patch for the program, not a marrage to their damn site. Its a simple patch and for some reason Hasbro Interactive does not even support it and the only way to patch it is to get it from a 3rd party which is bullshit. So does anyone out there have this patch or a location of where I can get it and not get extorted into a subscription for a site or magazine?!?!?!?

Help....anyone.
Kosh

I just googled the filename axis_133.exe and the first hit I get is:  Atari - Page Not Found

I was able to download it with no problems.  File Planet has a section of Axis and Allies files with the same patch:  http://www.fileplanet.com/search.aspx?s ... and+allies

Hope that is what you are looking for.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:26 am 

I recently bought a large lot of modules from someone selling their collection.  Everything arrived bagged and on a few of the bags I noticed a little sticker with my hand writing and a lot number (#179).  

I'm currently up to Lot number #525 (referring the the 525th lot for resale I've purchased).  I must have sold those mods about 2-3 years ago. . .

. . . ya' know . . . it's just one of those "odd" things that make you feel the passage of time.

:?

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 8:06 am 

Al,

Things are looking a lot rosier for you in the second test.

Great first innings, and we're off to a very shaky start with one wicket gone already. :cry:

"Don't tempt me, I can resist anything but temptation"

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 8:25 pm 

How does one make the [b]cent[/c] sign for html or word programs?

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 4:50 am 

Plaag wrote:How does one make the [b]cent[/c] sign for html or word programs?

ShaneG.

Shane .  . . did you mean the   ¢   sign like this?  In word, just go to Insert on the top bar and then down to Symbol.  Scroll through the symbols.  You can hot key it, etc.

If you set a hotkey, then you could probably hit that when typing in html  . . . wait let me check.

Okay, no the hot key I assigned the cent sign only works in Word and it won't paste to notepad.  However, you can cut and paste in into notepad/html and then keep copying and pasting it as needed.

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 6:16 am 

Beyondthebreach wrote:
Shane .  . . did you mean the   ¢   sign like this?  In word, just go to Insert on the top bar and then down to Symbol.  Scroll through the symbols.  You can hot key it, etc.

If you set a hotkey, then you could probably hit that when typing in html  . . . wait let me check.

Okay, no the hot key I assigned the cent sign only works in Word and it won't paste to notepad.  However, you can cut and paste in into notepad/html and then keep copying and pasting it as needed.

Awesome, thanks!

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 89 of 111123 ... 86, 87, 88, 89, 90 ... 109110111