Old Random Thoughts Thread or OT Chit Chat Thread :)
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 86 of 111123 ... 83, 84, 85, 86, 87 ... 109110111
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:30 pm 

well i guess you have it there X - funny ol' life aint it :D

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:35 pm 

Xaxaxe wrote:
Isn't absurdity in the eye of the beholder, though? (note the clever use of words there, please :wink:)

I have no doubt the video games crowd would mock us for paying thousands of dollars for 30-year-old sets of rules ... or for hippy-dippy 16-page modules that were practically given away ... or for random, unpublished manuscipts complete with beer rings, food stains, and notes to "pick up some milk."

RPGs, video games, baseball cards, comics, stamps, rare books, whatever ... there's always going to buyers with "It Must Be Mine! Syndrome" and outsiders who think, "that's just crazy."

Yeah but did you ever see some idiot back in the mid-80's haggling with a game store owner on the price of a D&D module when it came out?

Game store owner:  "It's my last copy of Bloodstone Pass.  I was saving it for myself but I will sell it to whoever wants it the most."
Poor Johnny:  "I'll give you $50 for it.  Orcus kicks ass!"
Dave Whitfield:  "Sod off you little wanker.  I'll give you $100 for it."
Game store owner:  "Here's another one to go with the six you already bought from me Dave.  Why the hell do you want that many?"
Dave Whitfield:  "Someday I will corner the market on cheaply produced, overpriced D&D modules and I will be the richest man in the world."
Poor Johnny:  "You suck eel turds Dave.  And you are also a shitty DM.  Now I know why everyone calls you dick munch Whitfield and why girls don't like you."

:D

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:38 pm 

KOP youre a funny guy :D

Are we nearly there yet?

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:42 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote:Dave Whitfield:  "Someday I will corner the market on cheaply produced, overpriced D&D modules and I will be the richest man in the world."

:D :D  Nice one! I can almost hear the "Bwah-ha-HA!" laugh at the end ...

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 2:41 pm 

Anyone have CAVALIERS and ROUNDHEADS or TRICOLOR from TSR?
If so PM me as I have a couple of questions to ask.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 6:02 pm 

Plaag wrote:Anyone have CAVALIERS and ROUNDHEADS or TRICOLOR from TSR?
If so PM me as I have a couple of questions to ask.

ShaneG.

shane

did you get your answers to this?

i have a tricolor lying around here somewhere...

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 6:03 pm 

well there you go guys "GRANDSTANDING COLLECTOR"

cor that took forever :)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 6:33 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:well there you go guys "GRANDSTANDING COLLECTOR"

cor that took forever :)

Al,  It would take us poor mortals forever ...  :twisted:

What do you get when you reach 10,000?

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:29 pm 

improvstone wrote:
Al,  It would take us poor mortals forever ...  :twisted:

What do you get when you reach 10,000?

Retired.  :wink:

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 2:18 am 

Kingofpain89 wrote:
Retired.  :wink:

hehe

surely it would be quicker & easier to ask foul eh :D

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 3:25 am 

jasonw1239 wrote:In keeping with the videogame theme...PS3 Playstation 3 Premium system on eBayAuction ID =  
** expired/removed eBay auction **
PS3 Playstation 3 Premium system 60 gb with receipt | eBay    8O Holy crap!!!JasonW
There have been over 38K of these sold on eBay already. Wonder how many of these are being investigated as stolen items (probably NONE if ebay has anything to say about it).One finished auction, which was ended early, the guy stated that he would not sell it if the bidding did NOT go over 2200.  The kicker is that he started it out at .01! Greedy asshole!
Kingofpain89 wrote:PlayStation 3 customers attacked - US news - Crime & courts | NBC NewsI like video games as much as the next person.  But some people are looney when it comes to having the next big thing in console gaming.  This article paints a pretty damn good picture of the greed, stupidity, and evil that permeates our society.Do people actually think their life is worth less than a Playstation 3?  :?
If I was one of those unfortunate victims of robbery and had my PS3 stolen, I would be scouring ebay for auctions with receipts in the hope of finding one with my credit card number on it. Win it at all costs, pay by Credit Card through PayPal, get it (most were overnight shipping) then do a chargeback stating that "this is stolen mechandise and its mine, see I have my original receipt" and then turn his ass in to ebay, paypal, the FBI and the local authoritise where he resides :twisted: It is just sickening that I served my country for 14 years, in Iraq and Kuwait...being shot at (and survived!), to protect the rights and freedoms of all American citizens, just so I could possible end up on the receiving end of a bullet from some jackass who is to lazy to wait in line to get his own damn PS3 or is just to F@^!%#$ lazy to go out and get a JOB to pay for his own!Damn lowlifes!

"Ah, you seek meaning? Then listen to the music, not the song."

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:32 pm 

Not sure if this has been pointed out before but I discovered a Robert E. Howard fan site while web surfing that has a downloadable (30 MB) Quicktime movie based on the Solomon Kane poem "The Return of Sir Richard Grenville".

Pretty slick for a fan movie and only about 4 minutes long. Only my personal opinion, but this manages to capture some of what I consider to be the atmosphere of the Solomon Kane tales.

404 - File or directory not found.

Jason Williams

Check out my Chaosium sourcebook.
Secrets of Tibet

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:42 pm 

By the way, how 'bout them Cowboys?  Did you see the look on Manning's face when Romo kneeled the ball for the last time?  My god, priceless!

Let mirth prevail!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:33 pm 

Good lord, can that LT play or WHAT :!:  :!:   I don't know if he is like Dwayne Wade is for the NBA, but  THIS LT  is as good (or better??) that Smith, Simpson, Payton, etc.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:45 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote:
 PlayStation 3 customers attacked - US news - Crime & courts | NBC News

I like video games as much as the next person.  But some people are looney when it comes to having the next big thing in console gaming.  This article paints a pretty damn good picture of the greed, stupidity, and evil that permeates our society.

Do people actually think their life is worth less than a Playstation 3?  

Anyone taken a look at the guy who's trying to sell a PS3 for (yikes!!) $25,000.00 starting bid, and a BIN price of (gasp!!!) $500,000.00!?!?!?!

HOLY @%$%^$!@%^@$!!!!

Needless to say, there are no bids on it.

Wondoer if what eBay SHOULD have done is, not to accept ANY auctions on PS3's or Wii's for a period of time--say, two weeks to a month from the day the respective machines went on sale in the U.S.--and THEN put the conditions on that they did.  Would that have deflated the market or cooled things off for some of these ridiculous prices/bids?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:53 pm 

bombadil wrote:By the way, how 'bout them Cowboys?  Did you see the look on Manning's face when Romo kneeled the ball for the last time?  My god, priceless!

I take back all the wishy-washy feelings I had about Romo. He's the real deal!
  Manning has always struck me as a big cry-baby.  All the jumping around and gesticulating and sorry whining yesterday was really annoying..like he thinks he should get the calls because, well, he's PEYTON MANNING and has a lot of commercials on TV. And the Cowboys got one of the worst "roughing the passer" calls EVER when a defensive player TOUCHED (no exaggeration) Manning after he had thrown the ball.....I'm sure the refs are instructed to protect the face of the NFL like he's made of gold.
    I've got an idea, why don't you WIN A BIG GAME someday, Mr. Hollywood?
 As for LT, what can you say.  He's the best back I've seen since Emmitt Smith himself.  I wouldn't be surprised someday if he breaks all Emmitt's records someday, particularly the TD one.  He can score anywhere on the field, and the guy has thrown something like 5 TD passes in his career also. Just a monster player.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:33 pm 

might even break Jerry Rice's records (esp. TD's and yards gained) at this rate--and he's HOW old?

Also, I think I saw a number of comparisons on the trades/drafts that got LT and Philip Rivers to the Chargers--seems to me that these are those rare trades that worked out well for both sides:

:idea:  Remember, LT went #5 in the same draft as Michael Vick went #1 to Atlanta;
:idea:  And Rivers was in the trade that sent Eli Manning to the Giants (and got Shawne Merriman to the Chargers as well).

LT has made a huge impact (understatement :!: ), but Atlanta and the Giants didn't come out too bad in either case.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:47 am 

Apparently Peter Jackson will not be directing "The Hobbit".  That bites.

Page Not Found - Yahoo!

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 86 of 111123 ... 83, 84, 85, 86, 87 ... 109110111