Old Random Thoughts Thread or OT Chit Chat Thread :)
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 85 of 111123 ... 82, 83, 84, 85, 86 ... 109110111
Author

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:51 am 

So, will "Expedition To ... [Wherever]" become a regular WotC feature? Has anyone heard anything?

Demonweb Pits with some 3.5 flava
Love 3.5E or hate it, it has to be said that WOTC seem to be doing their homework when it comes to releases like this. Lets face it anything with the words 'Demonweb Pits' in the title pushes a lot of buttons in the memories of old gamers everywhere. (I genuiunely believe that this is the sort of thing that will get brought at the bookstore by non gamers just 'revisiting' the old days, and buying it just to read).

Which kind of dovetails nicely into a forum like this, because a few of those purchasers are soon going to be seeking out the real old school stuff, and discovering this site on the way. (And expect a bump in Q1 prices in 2007 when this is released :D )

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:02 am 

Xaxaxe wrote:So, will "Expedition To ... [Wherever]" become a regular WotC feature? Has anyone heard anything?

Demonweb Pits with some 3.5 flava

Looks pretty cool. I just picked up the Ravenloft HC last week or so; nicely put together and very complicated.

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:47 am 

Blackmoor wrote:
Looks pretty cool. I just picked up the Ravenloft HC last week or so; nicely put together and very complicated.

I just finish reading the Ravenloft HC - its alright, but I think the setting is gonna be dead again for a while if not forever.  And sucks they offer places in other settings where this could be placed, oh well.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:16 am 

Plaag wrote:
I just finish reading the Ravenloft HC - its alright, but I think the setting is gonna be dead again for a while if not forever.  And sucks they offer places in other settings where this could be placed, oh well.

ShaneG.

isnt ravenloft dead anyway  :wink:  :D

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:06 am 

Aparently  it's just been resurected  :wink:

"Don't tempt me, I can resist anything but temptation"

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:49 am 

killjoy32 wrote:
isnt ravenloft dead anyway  :wink:  :D

Al

It has been ressurected as a mega adventure (in hardcover) by wizards.  The setting is dead but the adventure lives on in the d20 3.5 world. :)

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:20 pm 

Blackmoor wrote:
It has been ressurected as a mega adventure (in hardcover) by wizards.  The setting is dead but the adventure lives on in the d20 3.5 world. :)

nah you missed what i meant - never mind :)

ravenloft is WHERE the dead are :D

i love ravenloft as a setting - prb my fave truth be told.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:37 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:
nah you missed what i meant - never mind :)

ravenloft is WHERE the dead are :D

i love ravenloft as a setting - prb my fave truth be told.

Al

Now I get it.   :lol:

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:05 am 

Here's a community called "The Shire".

http://bendshire.com/

"English Elegance, Old World Charm, A Village Community"

...in Bend, Oregon

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:31 am 

PlayStation 3 customers attacked - US news - Crime & courts | NBC News

I like video games as much as the next person.  But some people are looney when it comes to having the next big thing in console gaming.  This article paints a pretty damn good picture of the greed, stupidity, and evil that permeates our society.

Do people actually think their life is worth less than a Playstation 3?  :?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 12:21 pm 

Sometimes I wonder if "the next best thing" in computer/video games is really such a big deal.  No, this is not another "back in the day" rant about how much better things were!!  Yes, the games were simpler then, but the graphics and realism on many of the sports games (for example) is far better than "back then".

My only beef is that a company that makes a new game console should make it compatible with old games from previous consoles sold by the same company--i.e. it's already out that PS3's can't play certain PS2 and PS1 games; and not just old games but games that came out fairly recently! (Not a good sign if you are trying to convince people to buy a $500-$600 new console with $50-$60 games.)  Why should I trade in or get rid of the PS2 console, accessories, and games that I spent hundreds or thousands of dollars on for a new system with few, very expensive games and is incompatible with the games I have?

Like when Microsoft went from MS-DOS to Windows; it was difficult to impossible to use some DOS-based programs in Windows operating environment.  That forced me to have to buy Windows-compatible versions of the software I had (not cheap) or give up some of the programs entirely (no Win-compatible version made).  I fear something like that may happen with the new OS that Microsoft is going to come out with (the name of which escapes me).  

King, I agree--it was two and a half years before I got a PS2 (I thought $200.00 was too high a price to pay, and I did NOT have the original PS1) and I got it as a present for my 40th  :lol:  :oops:  8O   birthday.
To me, a game that is above $40.00 is expensive; above $50.00 better have a lot of things on it; beyond that, I'll wait, thank you very much!

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 12:51 pm 

Frankly, I like the older consoles better.  The games were simplistic but fun.  Now everything has to be complicated.  And in order to play the extremely complicated games you have to have an equally complicated controller.  There is something like 12 buttons on the newer controllers plus the two control pads\sticks.  8O  And I thought the six button controllers on the Sega Genesis were difficult enough to manipulate.

When one of these console companies comes out with a thought-controlled interface I will buy one.  Until then I will keep my mouse and keyboard.  :wink:

I fear something like that may happen with the new OS that Microsoft is going to come out with (the name of which escapes me).

The new Microsoft OS is called Windows Vista.  My older brother used to work for Microsoft years ago and still gets beta copies of their new software.  He already installed Vista on his laptop a couple of months ago.  Most of his games wouldn't work after installing it but once the new version comes out I am sure they will have most of the driver support fixed up.

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:13 pm 

In keeping with the videogame theme...PS3 Playstation 3 Premium system on eBayAuction ID =  
** expired/removed eBay auction **
PS3 Playstation 3 Premium system 60 gb with receipt | eBay    8O Holy crap!!!JasonW

Check out my Chaosium sourcebook.
Secrets of Tibet

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 3:46 pm 

jasonw1239 wrote:In keeping with the videogame theme...PS3 Playstation 3 Premium system on eBayAuction ID =  
** expired/removed eBay auction **
PS3 Playstation 3 Premium system 60 gb with receipt | eBay    8O Holy crap!!!JasonW
you have seriously gotta shitting me man!you really need your head examining to pay that much for something like that! feck!!Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 3:56 pm 

There will be a heck of a lot more Nintendo Wii's for Sunday (a company that seems to know what its doing unlike Sony). I've been debating getting one since you'll be able to download the old 8-bit games.

One year since Xbox360 launch and you can now pick up the system easily.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 3:59 pm 

Whenever I see anything even remotely like the insane bidding on that PS3 I classify it as someone having more money than brains...  :)

JasonW

Check out my Chaosium sourcebook.
Secrets of Tibet

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 3:59 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:
you have seriously gotta shitting me man!

you really need your head examining to pay that much for something like that! feck!!

Al

The buyer "Mom of 4 psycho kids" must have money to burn . . . who knows?  To some people $6,700 might be like spending $200 to the rest of us.  If money doesn't matter, then she probably just wants to get her psycho kids to shut up and zone out in front of the TV.   :)

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:15 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:you have seriously gotta shitting me man!

Isn't absurdity in the eye of the beholder, though? (note the clever use of words there, please :wink:)

I have no doubt the video games crowd would mock us for paying thousands of dollars for 30-year-old sets of rules ... or for hippy-dippy 16-page modules that were practically given away ... or for random, unpublished manuscipts complete with beer rings, food stains, and notes to "pick up some milk."

RPGs, video games, baseball cards, comics, stamps, rare books, whatever ... there's always going to buyers with "It Must Be Mine! Syndrome" and outsiders who think, "that's just crazy."

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 85 of 111123 ... 82, 83, 84, 85, 86 ... 109110111