Old Random Thoughts Thread or OT Chit Chat Thread :)
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 82 of 111123 ... 79, 80, 81, 82, 83 ... 109110111
Author

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 4:23 pm 

I need some completely useless or ridiculous words and phrases to use in my upcoming Crap-tacular series of auctions.  I am not looking to drum up interest, as I will give them away at DF if they don't get any bidders on eBay.

Examples of Words: Crap-tacular, OOP/Out-of-print, Vintage, Rare, Hot, L@@k . . .

Examples of Meaningless Wiggle Phrases:  In good condition for its age, some wear-and-tear, appear well-read . . .

The items themselves are not important, as I value them less than the cubic space they are currently utilizing.  I may throw in an unusual item just for kicks, but nothing that valuable.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 4:35 pm 

JohnGaunt wrote:I need some completely useless or ridiculous words and phrases to use in my upcoming Crap-tacular series of auctions.  I am not looking to drum up interest, as I will give them away at DF if they don't get any bidders on eBay.

Examples of Words: Crap-tacular, OOP/Out-of-print, Vintage, Rare, Hot, L@@k . . .

Examples of Meaningless Wiggle Phrases:  In good condition for its age, some wear-and-tear, appear well-read . . .

The items themselves are not important, as I value them less than the cubic space they are currently utilizing.  I may throw in an unusual item just for kicks, but nothing that valuable.

1.  VGC!
2.  Mint except for...
3.  We reserve the right to limit quantities in the event our expected price points are not reached (zero is a quantity)

YIM  

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 6:28 pm 

MShipley88 wrote:Xaxaxe

Here!

Not a lot to add, though — I'm almost totally out of the game now. My complete White Plume Mountain collection is about all that's left. :)

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:48 pm 

I just stumbled across this page. Very depressing. I knew Avalon Hill had fallen on hard times, and that Hasbro assimilated it, but...damn...this just sucks. True, I was never a huge AH fan other than a few games (Wizards Quest, SL, and few others).

The Fall of Avalon Hill

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:26 pm 

bbarsh wrote:I just stumbled across this page. Very depressing. I knew Avalon Hill had fallen on hard times, and that Hasbro assimilated it, but...damn...this just sucks. True, I was never a huge AH fan other than a few games (Wizards Quest, SL, and few others).

The Fall of Avalon Hill

hasbro are about the equivalent of microsoft on computers.

pretty sad and a lot of what was good will be lost forever.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:51 pm 

Badmike wrote:
The Romo decision reeks of desperation.  Has Parcells ever gone this long without a playoff win?  I think he's gone after this season whether Romo works out or not.
 Having said that, I suppose Romo was as good or bad as any QB in their first NFL game.  I'd like to see him work with the first team for a few weeks in practice and actually start a game instead of being thrust into a divisional game with no preparation.
    It was a costly game for the Giants...they are saying Arrington is out for the season.  Having said that, their defense looked good against a QB that hadn't played an NFL game.  As for Barber, I can't believe he's retiring, he looks great.  But I guess he's one of the smarter NFL players, go out on top and not a broken down warhorse.
   T.O. should actually get better in the next few games.  Romo was actually able to hit him in stride a few times (why Bledsoe couldn't do this in five games, I have no idea).  I've always thought T.O. was one season and gone anyway, no matter what his contract says....
 I actually thought T.O. was the perfect player for a team like the Eagles....they needed that one element to get them to the superbowl, and he was it.  I don't think the Eagles sniff the superbowl again this decade, for all his vaunted leadership skills Mcnabb has managed to lose two in a row after an emotional win over the Boys, something you should instead be building on.  The Eagles have always had the problem of the big letdown after a regular season game (aren't they something like 1-8 the week after beating the Cowboys the last few years?) and I think T.O. helped them fight through it. He's certainly a galvanizing presence.

Mike B.

Ok, so maybe this Romo kid has something....... :oops:

Cowboys beat the Panthers 35-14 in an away game everyone (including myself) thought they would lose. Romo looked great.  Aikman who?  :o

Go Cowboys!

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:29 am 

This just in, there has been a David sighting:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:32 am 

Badmike wrote:
Ok, so maybe this Romo kid has something....... :oops:

Cowboys beat the Panthers 35-14 in an away game everyone (including myself) thought they would lose. Romo looked great.  Aikman who?  :o

Go Cowboys!

Mike B.

Mike, I have to admit it (and hate doing so), but I'm becoming a Cowboys fan.  Romo reminds me of Brett Favre in his early years.  He's really got something.

Great game.

Let mirth prevail!

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:30 pm 

bombadil wrote:
Mike, I have to admit it (and hate doing so), but I'm becoming a Cowboys fan.  Romo reminds me of Brett Favre in his early years.  He's really got something.

Great game.

Al and John mentioned that Romo's idol was Brett Favre and he emulated his style growing up.  The way he picked apart Carolina's defense reminded me of a more mobile Joe Montana.

And as long as we are on the topic of Texas football....did anyone catch the Texas - Texas Tech game on Saturday?  The Texas Tech QB threw for 519 yards, Texas had 3 or 4 fumbles, and Texas was able to come back and win the game.  And I thought that Texas would lose most of their games now that Vince Young had left for the NFL.  Colt McCoy is one heck of a QB and he is only a freshman.  8O

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:28 pm 

I see coug's selling the RPGA mods still in the poly(hedron presumably) again

** expired/removed eBay auction **

very bad form, especially considering the reserve

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:30 pm 

and yet not so proud as to want to keep hold of it......!

Prolific Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:45 pm 

"from my cold dead hands" said the zombie as he clutched his copy of COTSK :lol:

An té nach mbíonn láidir ní folláir dó bheith glic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-ajduHx5hc

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:48 pm 

obiter wrote:"from my cold dead hands" said the zombie as he clutched his copy of COTSK :lol:

just been reading over the COTSK again. it really is so cool.

but still, to each their own. everyone has their own reasons for getting their hands on it.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:46 pm 

Question regarding B2 Keep on the Borderlands
Are the taller and darker colored versions the ones that go with the box sets? and the smaller versions were the ones sold seperately?

Reason is I have 7th print Basic Box set with 2nd print B2 which is tall and darker color then the 3rd and 5th prints of B2. Now I also have a 3rd print B2 that is like the 2nd print in that it is as tall and as dark in color - but clearly a 3rd (book inside is as tall as the cover so it doesn't seem to be a mismatch with cover and book)

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:14 pm 

Yes, I have seen the same sort of thing. I also have a basic set (otus print, don't remember printing) that has a tall B2 cover and shorter module book.

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:08 pm 

bbarsh wrote:Yes, I have seen the same sort of thing. I also have a basic set (otus print, don't remember printing) that has a tall B2 cover and shorter module book.

The 1st print B2 that I have is a tallboy (as Frank M. calls 'em), but it doesn't seem to fit well in the Fourth+ Holmes Box set that I have (only one I have). It scrapes the top edge. Perhaps it does fit in the Sixth print, which is the first to have B2? The mono B1 that came in the Fourth+ is not a tallboy.

Okay, I just looked at these in more detail. I have 3 B2s right now - a 1st, 2nd and 3rd print, according to the Acaeum listing. They are each a different height. The 1st is the tallest, the 2nd is next, then the 3rd. As above, the 1st doesn't fit in the Fourth+ Holmes box. The 2nd does. I know the 2nd print originally came with a 6th or 7th print Holmes box (this B2 is my original copy from ~1982).

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:52 pm 

Does anyone else hate when people rip of the site and don't even bother to give credit?  :evil:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 1:14 pm 

gyg wrote:and yet not so proud as to want to keep hold of it......!

Is this some new 1e(?e) edition module or something made for a specific country (like the Hebrew-language modules were for sale in Israel)?

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 82 of 111123 ... 79, 80, 81, 82, 83 ... 109110111