Old Random Thoughts Thread or OT Chit Chat Thread :)
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 81 of 111123 ... 78, 79, 80, 81, 82 ... 109110111
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 12:04 pm 

Do you think there would be such a demand?  I think the woodgrain gets a lot of attention because the box is the same as the $4000 D&D set :)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 12:38 pm 

NetRodent wrote:Noble Knight has a black box Tractics for $250.  No picture unfortunately.

Tractics

i wonder why no pic - seems a bit daft really, sticking an item on for that kinda cost with nothing to see for it.

would you buy it? :)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 12:54 pm 

I wouldn't buy it but it looks like somebody just did.   Considering it had been listed there for months, I'd guess its was someone from here.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 1:13 pm 

NetRodent wrote:I wouldn't buy it but it looks like somebody just did.   Considering it had been listed there for months, I'd guess its was someone from here.

I've considered buying it for for a few months now.  Its kinda strange (and maybe it is just my memory) but I thought NobleKnight had it for $250 but then the price went up to $275 (but was only $250 because of their sale) and now it is $250 again.  $250 is probably not a horrible price considering woodgrains have been creeping into the $180-$200 range.

They did have a picture of it before too but they might have taken it down.  They also had the Guidon Games picture of Fight in the Skies up for the TSR blue box.  I asked about it and they changed the picture so maybe they took down the GG one at the same time.

BTW Al, I only have two copies of Tractics both with the GK logo so I don't have a complete set of prints ...  yet.  I also think it is interesting that I haven't seen a set that has the Lizard logo on it.  They might have had enough stock to last through that logo phase.  Anyone have a lizard Tractics?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 2:51 pm 

Say:

Currently on the Acaeum Missing Persons List:

Xaxaxe
Marlith
Faro
ExTSR

Anyone seen them around?

Mark

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 3:47 pm 

MShipley88 wrote:Say:

Currently on the Acaeum Missing Persons List:

Xaxaxe
Marlith
Faro
ExTSR

Anyone seen them around?

Mark

Xaxaxe is still around albeit a lot less than usual.  ExTSR?  Frank may be quite the busy person this time of year with the bakery?  Faro and Marlith.  Not sure...but IIRC there was some friction between them and other members that might have caused their exodus for good.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 4:28 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote:but IIRC there was some friction between them and other members that might have caused their exodus for good.

there was?

damn did i miss something again?

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 5:05 pm 

Marlith was getting dogged there for awhile, but he seemed to be taking it well.

Did not notice anything with Faro.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 7:22 pm 

ah right..oops

Are we nearly there yet?

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 7:45 am 

I got a brief email from Faro last night.  And he seems to be bidding on stuff - e.g. the recent Tamoachan auction  :wink:  SO I guess he is OK.

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:44 am 

red_bus wrote:I got a brief email from Faro last night.

:mrgreen:

Lucky guy.  Where has the love gone?   :(

I hear from him far too infrequently these days...

Let mirth prevail!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 12:06 pm 

bombadil wrote:
:mrgreen:

Lucky guy.  Where has the love gone?   :(

I hear from him far too infrequently these days...

yeah i agree. hes a top chap and always good for a solid conversation.

i must drop him a mail actually....

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:57 am 

Hey Cowboys fans:

What'd you think of Romo last night?  What about the decision to put him in?

Damn, the Giants defense looks good.  And I just love to watch Tiki Barber run.  

I have to say, though, I like the Cowboys much better with T.O. on the team.  He's perfect for them.

Let mirth prevail!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 1:03 pm 

bombadil wrote:Hey Cowboys fans:

I have to say, though, I like the Cowboys much better with T.O. on the team.  He's perfect for them.

The Romo decision reeks of desperation.  Has Parcells ever gone this long without a playoff win?  I think he's gone after this season whether Romo works out or not.
 Having said that, I suppose Romo was as good or bad as any QB in their first NFL game.  I'd like to see him work with the first team for a few weeks in practice and actually start a game instead of being thrust into a divisional game with no preparation.
    It was a costly game for the Giants...they are saying Arrington is out for the season.  Having said that, their defense looked good against a QB that hadn't played an NFL game.  As for Barber, I can't believe he's retiring, he looks great.  But I guess he's one of the smarter NFL players, go out on top and not a broken down warhorse.
   T.O. should actually get better in the next few games.  Romo was actually able to hit him in stride a few times (why Bledsoe couldn't do this in five games, I have no idea).  I've always thought T.O. was one season and gone anyway, no matter what his contract says....
 I actually thought T.O. was the perfect player for a team like the Eagles....they needed that one element to get them to the superbowl, and he was it.  I don't think the Eagles sniff the superbowl again this decade, for all his vaunted leadership skills Mcnabb has managed to lose two in a row after an emotional win over the Boys, something you should instead be building on.  The Eagles have always had the problem of the big letdown after a regular season game (aren't they something like 1-8 the week after beating the Cowboys the last few years?) and I think T.O. helped them fight through it. He's certainly a galvanizing presence.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 1:04 pm 

bombadil wrote:Hey Cowboys fans:

I think Parcells did what he had to do.  If he puts Romo in and he does crappy he says to the fans "I told you so".  If he puts Romo in and he kicks ass, he takes all the credit.

Obviously the Cowboys have a major problem at quarterback.  Drew is just about done IMO.  Maybe if his offensive line could give him more than two seconds once in a while he would perform better.  But last night when they give him 5 seconds he still managed to get sacked or throw an interception.  :x   And when you take a guy like Jason Witten and have him help block on 75% of the plays you lose one of your more solid receivers.

The Cowboys defense is, for the most part, pretty solid with the notable exception of Pat Watkins.  Someone needs to kick the shit out of that waste of space.

As for T.O....I thought it was a monumental mistake when Jerry Jones signed him.  I hated him with the 49'ers and with the Eagles.  I think he is one of the most talented receivers in the league but he is a prima donna.  You cant play a TEAM sport if you dont have a team and the Cowboys dont have one.  They just have a bunch of individuals running around on the field who dont work the way a good team does.  And ultimately Bill Parcells is to blame for that.

But enough excuses why Dallas lost.  They definitely got beaten by a better team.  Now I remember why I like watching college football better than the NFL.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 1:08 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote:

The Cowboys defense is, for the most part, pretty solid with the notable exception of Pat Watkins.  Someone needs to kick the shit out of that waste of space.

Who? Oh, yeh, the guy who sucked.  He sucked so much I thought he might be playing on the Dallas O-line...

But enough excuses why Dallas lost.  They definitely got beaten by a better team.  Now I remember why I like watching college football better than the NFL.

Thank God the Mavs are coming back any day now....there's a team that's won a playoff game or two the last few years... :D

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 1:10 pm 

I thought Romo looked good.  He came back after throwing an interception on his first pass and led two good drives.  Plus, he can run like hell.  He'll be fun to watch if he gets the start from here on out.

And what about Marion Barber?  Damn, he looked great on a couple of plays!

I usually hate the Cowboys (old 70's rivalry with the blessed Steelers), but I have to admit I was rooting for them all the way last night.  I like T.O.  Teams need superstars, and he's definitely one of them.  Sure, he'll go down in flames, but when he's good he's fun to watch.

Let mirth prevail!

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:35 pm 

Badmike wrote:
Thank God the Mavs are coming back any day now....there's a team that's won a playoff game or two the last few years... :D

Mike B.

What about the Stars?  8-1...best start in franchise history.  :D

Speaking of Off-Topic...what the heck happened to the "music genre" thread started by the spam-bot?  Did Foul delete it?

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 81 of 111123 ... 78, 79, 80, 81, 82 ... 109110111