Old Random Thoughts Thread or OT Chit Chat Thread :)
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 9 of 111123 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 109110111
Author


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6463
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 04, 2021

Post Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 1:44 pm 
 

afoolandhis$ wrote:My god, this toolhaus thing Brian posted is just too much fun...reading cougar's negs is incredibly engrossing. It's like a peek into a very dark and disturbed mind. You have to marvel at his poor luck with the post office and newbies. They just keep racking up the negs, despite coug insisting he's done with newbies.



There are many gems, but here's a particularly humorous exchange:



(neg) Item missrepresented. Item advertised as silver not silver colored plastic.



Reply by cougarrinard: only a fool would thing solid silver for 99p? U should have asked B4 bidding. ??




First of all, WHAT was the item? Second, can't you just imagine him fondling it and wondering how much he can get for it because, from a distance and through a cheap camera lens, it almost looks like genuine silver. Third, if I advertise something as being silver, do I leave it up to the bidder to ask me whether I meant genuine silver? No matter how cheap the item is, that's somewhat akin to posting a print-out of the OB3 WoTC has on their website and advertising it as "Orange Cover Palace of the Silver Princess", then leaving the onus on the buyer to ask if it's genuine or not.



Anyway, back to the fun...




I saw that neg awhile ago. It was in regards to some dice that Cougar was selling and it was simply listed as silver dice, not silver colored dice, silver painted dice or anything other than just silver dice.


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 1:57 pm 
 

afoolandhis$ wrote:
First of all, WHAT was the item? Second, can't you just imagine him fondling it and wondering how much he can get for it because, from a distance and through a cheap camera lens, it almost looks like genuine silver. Third, if I advertise something as being silver, do I leave it up to the bidder to ask me whether I meant genuine silver? No matter how cheap the item is, that's somewhat akin to posting a print-out of the OB3 WoTC has on their website and advertising it as "Orange Cover Palace of the Silver Princess", then leaving the onus on the buyer to ask if it's genuine or not.



Anyway, back to the fun...




it was "silver covered dice" i actually remember that auction - he DID actually say that in the auction



  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 123
Joined: Oct 06, 2005
Last Visit: May 22, 2017
Location: Cleveland, OH

Post Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 3:20 pm 
 

afoolandhis$ wrote:
silver_beetle wrote:Hi, I'm Scott, long time reader, first time poster.



Check this one out:

eBay



Even though it's a 25th anniv. edition, for $.99, I'd have bid. Until I took a look at the shipping. An $8 handling fee?!?!? How do they handle it? Cryogenically? And that's on top of the shipping. Shipping to me was $11.85! Is a bike messenger bringing it? That's almost $19 shipping! No wonder no one's bid.




Hey Silver,

How's the air in Cleveland these days?




Still breathable... barely (cough, cough)

  

User avatar

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 2459
Joined: Nov 06, 2002
Last Visit: Nov 15, 2021
Location: Queensland, Australia

Post Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 6:29 pm 
 

afoolandhis$ wrote:My god, this toolhaus thing Brian posted is just too much fun...reading cougar's negs is incredibly engrossing. It's like a peek into a very dark and disturbed mind.


Your right, one thing I can confirm is that if you buy something off him, he sends reminder after reminder to leave feedback, he won't leave feedback until you do.... I have bought exactly 2 things off him...

Brette:)

 WWW  


Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 188
Joined: Jun 30, 2004
Last Visit: Feb 21, 2021
Location: Del Norte, CO

Post Posted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 11:41 am 
 

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... RK:MEBI:IT

Well, I thought I had a slim chance of getting the matches for 72 bucks and now I have none. Sigh.

What is a match book worth?

And what's the picture on the flipside? I can't make it out.

  


Sage Collector

Posts: 2639
Joined: Jan 23, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 11, 2006

Post Posted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 11:50 am 
 

ifearyeti wrote:And what's the picture on the flipside? I can't make it out.

Cover dragon from Dragon #1 (as reused on mailers, etc.)

Seems plenty pricey enough, IMO. But a few people almost certainly want to pick it up as a "nice to have" item.

  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6463
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 04, 2021

Post Posted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 11:57 am 
 

Pvteye is one of those completionists too. He bids high on all those nice to have items. He actually just edged me out on a 20 years of TSR book last night:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3AIT&rd=1

I think he actually got a pretty good deal on it considering the last one sold back in the spring to Cougar(:roll:) for over $100.00. I am suprised to see that the bidding list didnt include William, as he also seems to collect all the odds and ends. I guess he must have missed it.


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  

User avatar

Verbose Collector

Posts: 1271
Joined: Jan 09, 2005
Last Visit: Nov 17, 2020
Location: Azeroth

Post Posted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 12:07 pm 
 

bclarkie wrote:Pvteye is one of those completionists too. He bids high on all those nice to have items. He actually just edged me out on a 20 years of TSR book last night:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3AIT&rd=1

I think he actually got a pretty good deal on it considering the last one sold back in the spring to Cougar(:roll:) for over $100.00. I am suprised to see that the bidding list didnt include William, as he also seems to collect all the odds and ends. I guess he must have missed it.


I really wish I had not read this thread now.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8701561862

So what is the 20 years with TSR? I bid on it at the last second on a lark and was a little miffed that I lost it now I am sick  :(


Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6463
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 04, 2021

Post Posted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 12:10 pm 
 

Marlith wrote:
bclarkie wrote:Pvteye is one of those completionists too. He bids high on all those nice to have items. He actually just edged me out on a 20 years of TSR book last night:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3AIT&rd=1

I think he actually got a pretty good deal on it considering the last one sold back in the spring to Cougar(:roll:) for over $100.00. I am suprised to see that the bidding list didnt include William, as he also seems to collect all the odds and ends. I guess he must have missed it.


I really wish I had not read this thread now.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8701561862

So what is the 20 years with TSR? I bid on it at the last second on a lark and was a little miffed that I lost it now I am sick :(


IIRC, this was an inhouse TSR production that they only printed somewhere around 300. From what I remember they were only available to TSR employees. :? Now I am pissed too. :x

<edit> Actually the last one went for $167.50. Granted I am sure that it helped that the seller was actually Sean Reynolds of TSR/WOTC fame, but still  it seems to worth a bit. Here is the auction link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 02608&rd=1

gets more pissed


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  

User avatar

Verbose Collector

Posts: 1271
Joined: Jan 09, 2005
Last Visit: Nov 17, 2020
Location: Azeroth

Post Posted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 12:21 pm 
 

bclarkie wrote:
Marlith wrote:

I really wish I had not read this thread now.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8701561862

So what is the 20 years with TSR? I bid on it at the last second on a lark and was a little miffed that I lost it now I am sick :(


IIRC, this was an inhouse TSR production that they only printed somewhere around 300. From what I remember they were only available to TSR employees. :? Now I am pissed too. :x

<edit> Actually the last one went for $167.50. Here is the acution link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 02608&rd=1

gets more pissed


Sorry. Misery really does not love company. Forget I said anything.


Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

  

User avatar

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 1254
Joined: Jan 01, 2003
Last Visit: Dec 04, 2021

Post Posted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 1:42 pm 
 

Yeah, I missed that 20 Years of TSR book, but I don't think I would have bid much more than $50 anyway.   :D

  


Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3066
Joined: Jul 09, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 30, 2015

Post Posted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 5:01 pm 
 

ifearyeti wrote:http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... RK:MEBI:IT

Well, I thought I had a slim chance of getting the matches for 72 bucks and now I have none. Sigh.

What is a match book worth?

And what's the picture on the flipside? I can't make it out.

$73 8O That's more than the price of a lizard logo book, a pair of scissors and some tape...how many can I put you down for?  :twisted:

 YIM  


Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 134
Joined: Jan 23, 2005
Last Visit: Feb 01, 2014
Location: The Netherlands

Post Posted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 6:11 pm 
 

Just surfing the net and found this nice 'cougarrinard' site:

www.instantmessageboards.com :: View Forum - D&D

wtf is it??? :lol:

  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 161
Joined: Dec 07, 2002
Last Visit: Feb 04, 2021

Post Posted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 6:22 pm 
 

His critics are less kind.

:lol:

  

User avatar

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Posts: 1178
Joined: Nov 07, 2003
Last Visit: Nov 30, 2021
Location: Milwaukee, WI

Post Posted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 7:57 pm 
 

fluffmaister wrote:Just surfing the net and found this nice 'cougarrinard' site:

www.instantmessageboards.com :: View Forum - D&D

wtf is it??? :lol:


Wow, these guys are tougher on him then we are  :D



 WWW  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 5648
Joined: Jun 30, 2003
Last Visit: Nov 18, 2021
Location: New Hampsha

Post Posted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:09 am 
 

Random thought:

The US sent hundreds of millions of $$ to tsunami relief. I understand we are sending $50 million to earthquake relief. Other than Venezuela, can anyone come up with a nation that sent US money when Katrina, with a $200 BILLION dollar tab, hit us?
I'm not paying taxes this year.


If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

 WWW  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 5648
Joined: Jun 30, 2003
Last Visit: Nov 18, 2021
Location: New Hampsha

Post Posted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:10 am 
 

My mistake, it's just under $150 billion.


If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

 WWW  


Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3798
Joined: Feb 23, 2005
Last Visit: Sep 02, 2021

Post Posted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:32 am 
 

Deadlord36 wrote:Random thought:

The US sent hundreds of millions of $$ to tsunami relief. I understand we are sending $50 million to earthquake relief. Other than Venezuela, can anyone come up with a nation that sent US money when Katrina, with a $200 BILLION dollar tab, hit us?
I'm not paying taxes this year.


I think Djibouti sent a few cans of corn...

  
PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 9 of 111123 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 109110111