Old Random Thoughts Thread or OT Chit Chat Thread :)
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 9 of 111123 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 109110111
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 1:44 pm 

afoolandhis$ wrote:My god, this toolhaus thing Brian posted is just too much fun...reading cougar's negs is incredibly engrossing. It's like a peek into a very dark and disturbed mind. You have to marvel at his poor luck with the post office and newbies. They just keep racking up the negs, despite coug insisting he's done with newbies.

There are many gems, but here's a particularly humorous exchange:

(neg) Item missrepresented. Item advertised as silver not silver colored plastic.

Reply by cougarrinard: only a fool would thing solid silver for 99p? U should have asked B4 bidding. ??

First of all, WHAT was the item? Second, can't you just imagine him fondling it and wondering how much he can get for it because, from a distance and through a cheap camera lens, it almost looks like genuine silver. Third, if I advertise something as being silver, do I leave it up to the bidder to ask me whether I meant genuine silver? No matter how cheap the item is, that's somewhat akin to posting a print-out of the OB3 WoTC has on their website and advertising it as "Orange Cover Palace of the Silver Princess", then leaving the onus on the buyer to ask if it's genuine or not.

Anyway, back to the fun...

I saw that neg awhile ago. It was in regards to some dice that Cougar was selling and it was simply listed as silver dice, not silver colored dice, silver painted dice or anything other than just silver dice.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 1:57 pm 

afoolandhis$ wrote:
First of all, WHAT was the item? Second, can't you just imagine him fondling it and wondering how much he can get for it because, from a distance and through a cheap camera lens, it almost looks like genuine silver. Third, if I advertise something as being silver, do I leave it up to the bidder to ask me whether I meant genuine silver? No matter how cheap the item is, that's somewhat akin to posting a print-out of the OB3 WoTC has on their website and advertising it as "Orange Cover Palace of the Silver Princess", then leaving the onus on the buyer to ask if it's genuine or not.

Anyway, back to the fun...

it was "silver covered dice" i actually remember that auction - he DID actually say that in the auction

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 3:20 pm 

afoolandhis$ wrote:
silver_beetle wrote:Hi, I'm Scott, long time reader, first time poster.

Check this one out:

eBay

Even though it's a 25th anniv. edition, for $.99, I'd have bid. Until I took a look at the shipping. An $8 handling fee?!?!? How do they handle it? Cryogenically? And that's on top of the shipping. Shipping to me was $11.85! Is a bike messenger bringing it? That's almost $19 shipping! No wonder no one's bid.

Hey Silver,

How's the air in Cleveland these days?

Still breathable... barely (cough, cough)

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 6:29 pm 

afoolandhis$ wrote:My god, this toolhaus thing Brian posted is just too much fun...reading cougar's negs is incredibly engrossing. It's like a peek into a very dark and disturbed mind.

Your right, one thing I can confirm is that if you buy something off him, he sends reminder after reminder to leave feedback, he won't leave feedback until you do.... I have bought exactly 2 things off him...

Brette:)

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 11:41 am 

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... RK:MEBI:IT

Well, I thought I had a slim chance of getting the matches for 72 bucks and now I have none. Sigh.

What is a match book worth?

And what's the picture on the flipside? I can't make it out.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 11:50 am 

ifearyeti wrote:And what's the picture on the flipside? I can't make it out.

Cover dragon from Dragon #1 (as reused on mailers, etc.)

Seems plenty pricey enough, IMO. But a few people almost certainly want to pick it up as a "nice to have" item.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 11:57 am 

Pvteye is one of those completionists too. He bids high on all those nice to have items. He actually just edged me out on a 20 years of TSR book last night:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3AIT&rd=1

I think he actually got a pretty good deal on it considering the last one sold back in the spring to Cougar(:roll:) for over $100.00. I am suprised to see that the bidding list didnt include William, as he also seems to collect all the odds and ends. I guess he must have missed it.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 12:07 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Pvteye is one of those completionists too. He bids high on all those nice to have items. He actually just edged me out on a 20 years of TSR book last night:

I think he actually got a pretty good deal on it considering the last one sold back in the spring to Cougar(:roll:) for over $100.00. I am suprised to see that the bidding list didnt include William, as he also seems to collect all the odds and ends. I guess he must have missed it.

I really wish I had not read this thread now.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8701561862

So what is the 20 years with TSR? I bid on it at the last second on a lark and was a little miffed that I lost it now I am sick  :(

Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 12:10 pm 

Marlith wrote:
bclarkie wrote:Pvteye is one of those completionists too. He bids high on all those nice to have items. He actually just edged me out on a 20 years of TSR book last night:

So what is the 20 years with TSR? I bid on it at the last second on a lark and was a little miffed that I lost it now I am sick :(

IIRC, this was an inhouse TSR production that they only printed somewhere around 300. From what I remember they were only available to TSR employees. :? Now I am pissed too. :x

<edit> Actually the last one went for $167.50. Granted I am sure that it helped that the seller was actually Sean Reynolds of TSR/WOTC fame, but still  it seems to worth a bit. Here is the auction link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 02608&rd=1

gets more pissed

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 12:21 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
Marlith wrote:

So what is the 20 years with TSR? I bid on it at the last second on a lark and was a little miffed that I lost it now I am sick :(

IIRC, this was an inhouse TSR production that they only printed somewhere around 300. From what I remember they were only available to TSR employees. :? Now I am pissed too. :x

<edit> Actually the last one went for $167.50. Here is the acution link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 02608&rd=1

gets more pissed

Sorry. Misery really does not love company. Forget I said anything.

Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 1:42 pm 

Yeah, I missed that 20 Years of TSR book, but I don't think I would have bid much more than $50 anyway.   :D

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 5:01 pm 

ifearyeti wrote:http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... RK:MEBI:IT

Well, I thought I had a slim chance of getting the matches for 72 bucks and now I have none. Sigh.

What is a match book worth?

And what's the picture on the flipside? I can't make it out.

$73 8O That's more than the price of a lizard logo book, a pair of scissors and some tape...how many can I put you down for?  :twisted:

YIM  

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 6:11 pm 

Just surfing the net and found this nice 'cougarrinard' site:

www.instantmessageboards.com :: View Forum - D&D

wtf is it??? :lol:

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 6:22 pm 

His critics are less kind.

:lol:

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 7:57 pm 

fluffmaister wrote:Just surfing the net and found this nice 'cougarrinard' site:

www.instantmessageboards.com :: View Forum - D&D

wtf is it??? :lol:

Wow, these guys are tougher on him then we are  :D

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:09 am 

Random thought:

The US sent hundreds of millions of $$ to tsunami relief. I understand we are sending $50 million to earthquake relief. Other than Venezuela, can anyone come up with a nation that sent US money when Katrina, with a $200 BILLION dollar tab, hit us?
I'm not paying taxes this year.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:10 am 

My mistake, it's just under $150 billion.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:32 am 

Deadlord36 wrote:Random thought:

The US sent hundreds of millions of $$ to tsunami relief. I understand we are sending $50 million to earthquake relief. Other than Venezuela, can anyone come up with a nation that sent US money when Katrina, with a $200 BILLION dollar tab, hit us?
I'm not paying taxes this year.

I think Djibouti sent a few cans of corn...

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 9 of 111123 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 109110111