Old Random Thoughts Thread or OT Chit Chat Thread :)
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 80 of 111123 ... 77, 78, 79, 80, 81 ... 109110111
Author

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:35 am 

And I thought that I was careless with my collection:

cnn.com/2006/US/10/17/picasso.oops.reut ... index.html

I've had my share of accidents.  Anyone else ever do something similar when reading, bagging, or otherwise handling an item?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 4:58 pm 

JohnGaunt wrote:And I thought that I was careless with my collection:

cnn.com/2006/US/10/17/picasso.oops.reut ... index.html

I've had my share of accidents.  Anyone else ever do something similar when reading, bagging, or otherwise handling an item?

Once while taking an Amazing Spiderman #129 out of it's bag at a comic show, to show it to a customer, I got the tape  of the plastic bag stuck on the cover, and tore off a piece of the cover in my panic.  It was right smack dab in the middle of the cover.  For those of you who don't do comics, ASM #129 is the first appearance of the Punisher and goes for $300 to $500 in the condition I had my copy in, which WAS near mint.  I ended up selling the copy eventually, but had to knock off a good amount.  Still pisses me off to this day.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:08 pm 

Badmike wrote:
Once while taking an Amazing Spiderman #129 out of it's bag at a comic show, to show it to a customer, I got the tape  of the plastic bag stuck on the cover, and tore off a piece of the cover in my panic.  It was right smack dab in the middle of the cover.  For those of you who don't do comics, ASM #129 is the first appearance of the Punisher and goes for $300 to $500 in the condition I had my copy in, which WAS near mint.  I ended up selling the copy eventually, but had to knock off a good amount.  Still pisses me off to this day.

Mike B.

I did the same with a Sgt. Fury #1 although mine was on the corner, not the middle.  It was a Near mint as well.  I still got some great cash for it later though. (can't remeber how much though)

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:03 am 

Badmike wrote:

Mike B.

Man that sucks....but accidents happen.  What really pisses me off is the buttheads that destroy stuff like this just because it is fun at the time.  I had a friend back in high school that had a bunch of Star Wars figures from the 70's/80's that he wanted to get rid of because they werent "cool" to have.  So instead of selling them (or outright giving) to me he decided that he would have some "fun" with them.  He and another guy taped them to arrows along with an M-60 firecracker.  They would light the M-60 and launch them into the air and watch them explode.  He also put a brick of Black Cat firecrackers into the Death Star playset.  Blew that sucker to pieces.

The thing that really pisses me off was that he had a blue-jacketed Snaggletooth which is one of the rarer figures nowadays.  Stupid sonuvabitch.  :twisted:

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 3:54 pm 

Just as a random question. Has anyone come across a magazine called 'The Familiar'? Looks like it was printed in Canada and marketed in the US.

"I AM DEATH, AGAINST WHOM NO LOCK WILL HOLD, NOR PORTAL BAAAAA"

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 4:29 pm 

Rocky-Waist wrote:Just as a random question. Has anyone come across a magazine called 'The Familiar'? Looks like it was printed in Canada and marketed in the US.

Yes, it ran a few issues in the 90's if I remember correctly.  One had an interview with Gygax.  It covered mostly RPGs but it's not high demand.  I just had an issue up for auction with a 99 cent starting bid but no bidders.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 4:57 pm 

Cloak of Invisibility to become a reality?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:35 pm 

Rocky-Waist wrote:Just as a random question. Has anyone come across a magazine called 'The Familiar'? Looks like it was printed in Canada and marketed in the US.

Can you confirm that it is actually a Canadian produced magazine?  I lot of items are printed in Canada but are US publications.  I think the 3.0 Players handbook was also printed in Canada.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 6:11 pm 

Its printed in Canada but its a US magazine, issue #9, new and sealed in original polythene cover.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 6:16 pm 

Cloak of invisibilty: a story about proposed tests featured in New Scientist I think. A little while back. Moving objects are a bit more difficult. They have tried other techniques on stationary object by covering them in a screen that displays the background scene.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 6:20 pm 

I got another magazine I can't find a reference to value: Edgework Issue 1 (Atlas Games: AG 2401) new. According to the website it is OOP. It looks like a first print, its cover is a yellow stock card, 2 colour print (red and black).

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:53 am 

Can anyone direct me to the link/thread on Tractics print sequences/runs (if we have one)?

I recently purchased one with no printing info on the booklets, and the box is a tannish colour (not woodgrain like the "woodies")

Thanks

"Don't tempt me, I can resist anything but temptation"

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:15 pm 

I think the print run looks something like this:

Black colour box is the Guidon Games edition
Woodgrain box with 3 Guidon Games booklets
Woodgrain box with mixture of Guidon Games and TSR GK logo books
Tan/Cream coloured box with GK logo
Tan/Cream coloured box with Wizard logo

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 10:11 am 

Thanks Mars

"Don't tempt me, I can resist anything but temptation"

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 10:16 am 

AdderMcOne wrote:Thanks Mars

i dunno you guys with tons o money :D

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 10:42 am 

Mars wrote:I think the print run looks something like this:

Black colour box is the Guidon Games edition
Woodgrain box with 3 Guidon Games booklets
Woodgrain box with mixture of Guidon Games and TSR GK logo books
Tan/Cream coloured box with GK logo
Tan/Cream coloured box with Wizard logo

Does anyone have the black box edition?  Never seen one on Ebay or anywhere else for that matter.  If anyone does, how 'bout some pics?  :D

With the white\tan box going for about $40 - $60 normally and the woodgrain going for $100+...anyone care to estimate how much the black version in VG condition would go for on Ebay?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 11:09 am 

well the first few on ebay i imagine would go for a crapload of cash, due to ppl here falling over themselves trying to get it :)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 12:00 pm 

Noble Knight has a black box Tractics for $250.  No picture unfortunately.

Tractics

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 80 of 111123 ... 77, 78, 79, 80, 81 ... 109110111