Old Random Thoughts Thread or OT Chit Chat Thread :)
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 78 of 111123 ... 75, 76, 77, 78, 79 ... 109110111
Author

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3597
Joined: Dec 20, 2003
Last Visit: Dec 01, 2022
Location: Canada

Post Posted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:38 pm 
 

Just got back from Egypt after 7 weeks.

It was hot, the food sucked, and Ramadan was going on.

Glad to be home eating bacon and ham once again. :D


Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

 WWW  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 7975
Joined: Jun 23, 2003
Last Visit: Dec 04, 2022
Location: DFW TX

Post Posted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 12:31 am 
 

bbarsh wrote:Down go the Yankees...It's party time in the "D."



Beautiful. You guys party it up this weekend. Taking down the Yanks and their $200 million dollar lineup is sweet, but the best was seeing that piece of crap A-Fraud once again choke during the playoffs.  All he's been is human cancer to every team he's ever played on; when the Yanks signed him I knew they weren't going to win anything until his contract ran out.  I only hope  they don't trade him because that'll mean  no more rings for the most hated team in sports awhile longer.

"You kind of get tired of giving the other team credit," third baseman Alex Rodriguez said after another terrible October. "At some point you've got to look in the mirror and say, 'I sucked."'


Mike B.


"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
http://www.ntrpgcon.com

 WWW  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 6118
Joined: May 03, 2003
Last Visit: Oct 16, 2022
Location: Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Post Posted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 2:31 am 
 

I think you are in luck Mike.  His contract is too large to move unless the Yanks agree to pay half of it while he plays on another team.  Very unlikely since I think he still has 4 years left on it.

 WWW  

User avatar

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 1253
Joined: Jan 01, 2003
Last Visit: Nov 28, 2022

Post Posted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 1:24 pm 
 

Blackmoor wrote:Just got back from Egypt after 7 weeks.

It was hot, the food sucked,


I've found the further east one goes the better the food gets...

  


Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 5737
Joined: Nov 16, 2002
Last Visit: Dec 03, 2022
Location: Wichita, KS, USA

Post Posted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 2:52 pm 
 

The Collector's Trove wrote:When my family drove to down I-70 in Colorado while on vacation I saw an Audi with the license plate that read:"333 IUZ". ;)

I do have a friend who was looking for a vanity plate for his Corvette. I said on the way up to LGGC this year, "Too bad it isn't black, you could name it Blackrazor." He laughed and said it was black! So he went to see if BLCKRAZR was available when we got back and it was.


While in CA, I ran across KYUSS as a GH plate.  

When we moved from CA back to KS, I sold my car, and hence my GRODOG plate is no more :(  There are plenty of GH options available in KS for when/if we go back to a 2nd vehice....


Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

 WWW  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6720
Joined: Jul 16, 2005
Last Visit: Sep 30, 2022

Post Posted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 12:29 am 
 

The Collector's Trove wrote:Howdy All,


When my family drove to down I-70 in Colorado while on vacation I saw an Audi with the license plate that read:"333 IUZ". ;)

I do have a friend who was looking for a vanity plate for his Corvette. I said on the way up to LGGC this year, "Too bad it isn't black, you could name it Blackrazor." He laughed and said it was black! So he went to see if BLCKRAZR was available when we got back and it was.

Unfortunately, he ran into a bit of a snag when he included his wife in on the process, so the final step has not been taken. We'll see.


Futures Bright,

Paul


The wife would never have noticed if he hadn't told her.  Gotta be sneaky about some things.


"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

  


Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 764
Joined: Feb 05, 2003
Last Visit: Oct 20, 2022

Post Posted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 1:19 am 
 

Howdy Alan,


killjoy32 wrote:gonna also stick some music and background stuff together for effect. anyone got any good suggestions for that?


Bach - anything for organ is classic horror. I also love Grieg's Hall of the Mountain King for building the intensity of an event with a big chaotic battle to ensue at the end. Also, a creepy slow back ground for sneaking around a horrifc place is Saint Saens' Le Danse Macabre. Also, for skeletons in a less terrifying moment, Carnival Des Animales the 'fossil' movement is good fun but calssic halloween sounding. Oh and from the same symphony, the aquatic section is classic horror-Halloween music! There you have about 95% of all halloween music covered.

I'm off to go cue those songs up to wake up my childeren tommorrow morning! It is now oficially open season for Halloween!


Futures Bright,

Paul


The Collector's Trove The online auction house that features the collections of game designers and artists.

 WWW  

User avatar

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 1253
Joined: Jan 01, 2003
Last Visit: Nov 28, 2022

Post Posted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 5:05 pm 
 

Mars wrote:I think you are in luck Mike.  His contract is too large to move unless the Yanks agree to pay half of it while he plays on another team.  Very unlikely since I think he still has 4 years left on it.


I just read that the Texas Rangers still pick up a large portion of the original contract so A-Rod's yearly salary for the Yankees, or any other team, is "only" $16 million per year.  In the world of baseball that's relatively low for a guy with A-Rod's stats and young age.  I see him in an Angel or White Sox uniform before the winter's done.

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8241
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Mar 05, 2022
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 7:03 pm 
 

The Collector's Trove wrote:Howdy Alan,




Bach - anything for organ is classic horror. I also love Grieg's Hall of the Mountain King for building the intensity of an event with a big chaotic battle to ensue at the end. Also, a creepy slow back ground for sneaking around a horrifc place is Saint Saens' Le Danse Macabre. Also, for skeletons in a less terrifying moment, Carnival Des Animales the 'fossil' movement is good fun but calssic halloween sounding. Oh and from the same symphony, the aquatic section is classic horror-Halloween music! There you have about 95% of all halloween music covered.

I'm off to go cue those songs up to wake up my childeren tommorrow morning! It is now oficially open season for Halloween!


Futures Bright,

Paul


hey that sounds pretty cool - gonna get some of that and see how it pans out :)

cheers

Al


Are we nearly there yet?

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8241
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Mar 05, 2022
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 7:04 pm 
 

VermilionFire wrote:
I just read that the Texas Rangers still pick up a large portion of the original contract so A-Rod's yearly salary for the Yankees, or any other team, is "only" $16 million per year.  In the world of baseball that's relatively low for a guy with A-Rod's stats and young age.  I see him in an Angel or White Sox uniform before the winter's done.


baseball - i love watching that but we dont get much of it on the tv here.

how did the mets do this year?

Al


Are we nearly there yet?

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 7975
Joined: Jun 23, 2003
Last Visit: Dec 04, 2022
Location: DFW TX

Post Posted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 7:06 pm 
 

VermilionFire wrote:
I just read that the Texas Rangers still pick up a large portion of the original contract so A-Rod's yearly salary for the Yankees, or any other team, is "only" $16 million per year.  In the world of baseball that's relatively low for a guy with A-Rod's stats and young age.  I see him in an Angel or White Sox uniform before the winter's done.


So the Curse of AFraud will move West this year....
I wouldn't trade Chan Ho Park for this cancer.  

Mike B.


"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
http://www.ntrpgcon.com

 WWW  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Posts: 4534
Joined: Nov 08, 2002
Last Visit: Dec 05, 2022
Location: Land of 10,000 ponds

Post Posted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 7:17 pm 
 

killjoy32 wrote:
baseball - i love watching that but we dont get much of it on the tv here.

how did the mets do this year?

Al


They are still in the hunt for the world series.

ShaneG.


I reject your reality and substitute my own

 WWW  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6455
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Sep 10, 2022

Post Posted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 7:26 pm 
 

Badmike wrote:
So the Curse of AFraud will move West this year....
I wouldn't trade Chan Ho Park for this cancer.  

Mike B.


Mike, why do you hate A Rod so bad?


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Posts: 4534
Joined: Nov 08, 2002
Last Visit: Dec 05, 2022
Location: Land of 10,000 ponds

Post Posted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 7:28 pm 
 

Odd question, but did anyone when they were in elementry school (was 5th grade for me) ever play some fantasy type game that revolved around spelling. Every correct word got you points that your team could use move about a large poster map that was dots.
I think I may have the booklet for that (need to find it though), but I always wondered if anyone else had this in their school. (I remember more about it, and also an Oregon Trail type game that was played but think it didn't envolve any spelling/math/etc)

Found it:
Image

And only site I could find about Frank White: http://www.zoominfo.com/people/white_fr ... 38071.aspx

Here is a pic of the 2nd page: http://i12.tinypic.com/29vbbz6.jpg

ShaneG.


I reject your reality and substitute my own

 WWW  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8241
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Mar 05, 2022
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 6:26 am 
 

Plaag wrote:
They are still in the hunt for the world series.

ShaneG.


they are??!! woohoo!

:)

keep me posted

Al


Are we nearly there yet?

  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6455
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Sep 10, 2022

Post Posted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:34 pm 
 

Alright who did it???


** expired/removed eBay auction **


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8241
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Mar 05, 2022
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 3:26 pm 
 

bclarkie wrote:Alright who did it???


** expired/removed eBay auction **


not me...


Are we nearly there yet?

  


Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 2884
Joined: Nov 04, 2004
Last Visit: May 09, 2020

Post Posted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:49 pm 
 

Hope this hasn't been mentioned yet ...

Anyway, check out the huge list of features for the upcoming DVD release of the D&D animated series (upcoming for us 'Mercans, that is). And if you scroll down, you can see the cover illustration ... sort of cool, huh?

The only downer: the official release date was moved back to Dec. 5.

Big-ass press release here

 WWW  
PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 78 of 111123 ... 75, 76, 77, 78, 79 ... 109110111