Old Random Thoughts Thread or OT Chit Chat Thread :)
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 77 of 111123 ... 74, 75, 76, 77, 78 ... 109110111
Author

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:41 am 

Howdy All,

When my family drove to down I-70 in Colorado while on vacation I saw an Audi with the license plate that read:"333 IUZ". ;)

I do have a friend who was looking for a vanity plate for his Corvette. I said on the way up to LGGC this year, "Too bad it isn't black, you could name it Blackrazor." He laughed and said it was black! So he went to see if BLCKRAZR was available when we got back and it was.

Unfortunately, he ran into a bit of a snag when he included his wife in on the process, so the final step has not been taken. We'll see.

Futures Bright,

Paul

The Collector's Trove The online auction house that features the collections of game designers and artists.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 4:22 am 

hey peeps.

just an update. Bbarsh is gonna send me over some homemade D&D to use for the group - so am well excited about that :D

the game we play in a few weeks (an all-dayer), i have decided to play a one-off for that and then next game play the homebrew stuff.

the mod i have decided on is I6 - one of my faves. have ran it quite a few times and as halloween is coming up, would seem to slot in quite nicely :)

gonna also stick some music and background stuff together for effect. anyone got any good suggestions for that?

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 5:00 am 

Colboard.com | Hi mi name is Col and this is my boardColboard.com

A Green Screen Contest entry that someone made from the Colbert Report contest.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:59 am 

Hey does anyone on the island know exactly what happened as far as banning online gambling sites?

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 12:25 pm 

Plaag wrote:Colboard.com | Hi mi name is Col and this is my boardColboard.com

A Green Screen Contest entry that someone made from the Colbert Report contest.

ShaneG.

That's one of the best Colbert green screens I've seen yet, even better than his battling the Rancor.  Thanks for the link!  :lol:

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 7:59 pm 

Down go the Yankees...It's party time in the "D."

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:38 pm 

Just got back from Egypt after 7 weeks.

It was hot, the food sucked, and Ramadan was going on.

Glad to be home eating bacon and ham once again. :D

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 12:31 am 

bbarsh wrote:Down go the Yankees...It's party time in the "D."

Beautiful. You guys party it up this weekend. Taking down the Yanks and their $200 million dollar lineup is sweet, but the best was seeing that piece of crap A-Fraud once again choke during the playoffs.  All he's been is human cancer to every team he's ever played on; when the Yanks signed him I knew they weren't going to win anything until his contract ran out.  I only hope  they don't trade him because that'll mean  no more rings for the most hated team in sports awhile longer.

"You kind of get tired of giving the other team credit," third baseman Alex Rodriguez said after another terrible October. "At some point you've got to look in the mirror and say, 'I sucked."'

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 2:31 am 

I think you are in luck Mike.  His contract is too large to move unless the Yanks agree to pay half of it while he plays on another team.  Very unlikely since I think he still has 4 years left on it.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 1:24 pm 

Blackmoor wrote:Just got back from Egypt after 7 weeks.

It was hot, the food sucked,

I've found the further east one goes the better the food gets...

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 2:52 pm 

The Collector's Trove wrote:When my family drove to down I-70 in Colorado while on vacation I saw an Audi with the license plate that read:"333 IUZ". ;)

I do have a friend who was looking for a vanity plate for his Corvette. I said on the way up to LGGC this year, "Too bad it isn't black, you could name it Blackrazor." He laughed and said it was black! So he went to see if BLCKRAZR was available when we got back and it was.

While in CA, I ran across KYUSS as a GH plate.  

When we moved from CA back to KS, I sold my car, and hence my GRODOG plate is no more :(  There are plenty of GH options available in KS for when/if we go back to a 2nd vehice....

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 12:29 am 

The Collector's Trove wrote:Howdy All,

When my family drove to down I-70 in Colorado while on vacation I saw an Audi with the license plate that read:"333 IUZ". ;)

Unfortunately, he ran into a bit of a snag when he included his wife in on the process, so the final step has not been taken. We'll see.

Futures Bright,

Paul

The wife would never have noticed if he hadn't told her.  Gotta be sneaky about some things.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 1:19 am 

Howdy Alan,

killjoy32 wrote:gonna also stick some music and background stuff together for effect. anyone got any good suggestions for that?

Bach - anything for organ is classic horror. I also love Grieg's Hall of the Mountain King for building the intensity of an event with a big chaotic battle to ensue at the end. Also, a creepy slow back ground for sneaking around a horrifc place is Saint Saens' Le Danse Macabre. Also, for skeletons in a less terrifying moment, Carnival Des Animales the 'fossil' movement is good fun but calssic halloween sounding. Oh and from the same symphony, the aquatic section is classic horror-Halloween music! There you have about 95% of all halloween music covered.

I'm off to go cue those songs up to wake up my childeren tommorrow morning! It is now oficially open season for Halloween!

Futures Bright,

Paul

The Collector's Trove The online auction house that features the collections of game designers and artists.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 5:05 pm 

Mars wrote:I think you are in luck Mike.  His contract is too large to move unless the Yanks agree to pay half of it while he plays on another team.  Very unlikely since I think he still has 4 years left on it.

I just read that the Texas Rangers still pick up a large portion of the original contract so A-Rod's yearly salary for the Yankees, or any other team, is "only" $16 million per year.  In the world of baseball that's relatively low for a guy with A-Rod's stats and young age.  I see him in an Angel or White Sox uniform before the winter's done.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 7:03 pm 

The Collector's Trove wrote:Howdy Alan,

Bach - anything for organ is classic horror. I also love Grieg's Hall of the Mountain King for building the intensity of an event with a big chaotic battle to ensue at the end. Also, a creepy slow back ground for sneaking around a horrifc place is Saint Saens' Le Danse Macabre. Also, for skeletons in a less terrifying moment, Carnival Des Animales the 'fossil' movement is good fun but calssic halloween sounding. Oh and from the same symphony, the aquatic section is classic horror-Halloween music! There you have about 95% of all halloween music covered.

I'm off to go cue those songs up to wake up my childeren tommorrow morning! It is now oficially open season for Halloween!

Futures Bright,

Paul

hey that sounds pretty cool - gonna get some of that and see how it pans out :)

cheers

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 7:04 pm 

VermilionFire wrote:
I just read that the Texas Rangers still pick up a large portion of the original contract so A-Rod's yearly salary for the Yankees, or any other team, is "only" $16 million per year.  In the world of baseball that's relatively low for a guy with A-Rod's stats and young age.  I see him in an Angel or White Sox uniform before the winter's done.

baseball - i love watching that but we dont get much of it on the tv here.

how did the mets do this year?

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 7:06 pm 

VermilionFire wrote:

So the Curse of AFraud will move West this year....
I wouldn't trade Chan Ho Park for this cancer.  

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 7:17 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:
baseball - i love watching that but we dont get much of it on the tv here.

how did the mets do this year?

Al

They are still in the hunt for the world series.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 77 of 111123 ... 74, 75, 76, 77, 78 ... 109110111