Old Random Thoughts Thread or OT Chit Chat Thread :)
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 73 of 111123 ... 70, 71, 72, 73, 74 ... 109110111
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:25 am 

Afrika Corps wrote: Many Americans would like to ask why the British speak so funny also, I mean come on welcome to the year 2006, Shakespear is dead. Why dont you guys over there on that lil rainy island with dirty rivers and crappier music learn to speak modern english?  :P

i won't even treat that with the contempt that it deserves.

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 12:00 pm 

I was just poking around the Goodman games site and noticed this picture (the one at the bottom of the page).  

404 Not Found

Now why does that name sound familiar...

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 12:24 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:
i won't even treat that with the contempt that it deserves.

Awww...cmon.  I brought popcorn.  :wink:

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 3:18 pm 

Mars wrote:I was just poking around the Goodman games site and noticed this picture (the one at the bottom of the page).  

404 Not Found

Now why does that name sound familiar...

Yeah, that's me. :)

The Goodman guys thought it was cool that I asked Erol to sign for my character instead of for myself. I'm not sure if it was cool or not ... actually, it still strikes me as pretty much an uber-geeky request, but what the hell, right?

Erol was very cool, BTW, and his signing times always seemed to have a steady stream of customers. He signed some other stuff for me, too, and it was easily the highlight of my first GenCon SoCal.

Sadly, my three-year streak of SoCal appearances will be ending this year. Stupid pregnant wife ... :wink:

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 3:35 pm 

For those who don't like to follow links, here's the photo in question ... I'm the handsome dude on the right:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 3:40 pm 

I guess this belongs in the off topic thread, or I should keep it to myself.  This is a true story, I had this dream last night before I awoke. But there may be a secret hidden meaning in it somewhere so perhaps we can figure it out together... :D
 Last night, I had a dream I was in a used game store in Wales.  The shelves were filled with new and used RPGS, some rare.  I was frantically digging through boxes because the store closed in five minutes, and I wanted to find something good because my plane back to the states was leaving the next day and I couldn't be back.  Suddenly, Killjoy was there in the store also, turned out he knew the owner.  He tells me to come look at this back shelf out of site, I find a stack of mint copies of Escape From the Minotaur's Lair (see non TSR threads for more info)...as a matter of fact it's a CASE of these stored in a small box.  I'm elated and manage to buy the entire stock before the store closes!  Killjoy says that he and some of his friends are on their way to Glasgow (?)  on the train to game with some buddies, and wonder If I can come, but I have to go back to my hotel to wait for the trip tomorrow. Then I wake up.
 So, the questions abound: Why was I in Wales?  Is there even a game store in Wales?  Why was Killjoy going to Glasgow?  Why didn't I even offer Kill ONE of the Minotaur's Lair modules as a reward for finding the entire case for me?  Why am I such a bastard in my dream? Why was the store about to close in five minutes?  Why Minotaur's Lair of all items?
   Obviously, deep disturbing imagery abounds in this dream, but I don't have the psychology chops to dig it out.  Was it a simple fantasy or a prelude to some dark demons I hold inside???? :twisted:

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 3:58 pm 

Badmike wrote:  So, the questions abound: Why was I in Wales?  Is there even a game store in Wales?  Why was Killjoy going to Glasgow?  Why didn't I even offer Kill ONE of the Minotaur's Lair modules as a reward for finding the entire case for me?  Why am I such a bastard in my dream? Why was the store about to close in five minutes?  Why Minotaur's Lair of all items?
Mike B.

I think a lot of these questions are easy to answer.

Why Wales?  Because we have recently been talking about accents and the Welsh are probably the only other people known to have more outrageous accents than your Texas one.

Is there even a game store in Wales?  Ah there must be!

Why was Killjoy going to Glasgow?  Glasgow is the Northern hub for travel - I'm sure a bunch of his buddies were gathering there from all over the isle.

Why didn't I even offer Kill ONE of the Minotaur's Lair modules as a reward for finding the entire case for me?  You were probably pissed off since Killjoy took the case of ST1s beside Minotaur's Lair and didn't even offer you one - that rat bastard!

Why am I such a bastard in my dream?  This just means you have been dealing with Ebay too often - common syndrome.

Why was the store about to close in five minutes?  Stores commonly close for sun breaks in England because of all the rain and they wanted you out because who knows when it would start raining again.

Why Minotaur's Lair of all items?  Ah crap I don't know this one but it must mean you are severely disburbed.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 4:25 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:I don't hate the US. I'm gonna be spending 3 weeks in Florida in September. Hmm.... Hurricane season.
I only posted 'cos it's an OT thread, and it's as valid an OT subject as Football. And yes, our PM is no better a leader, although he can use his given language.

Bear in mind that I really could care less for what anyone thinks about our elected leader(I am no fan myself) I can't understand why ity seems that every chance you get you put down the American educational system. :? We have by far the largest economy in the world(almost 3 times as large as the 2nd place country Japan) and we are only the 5th most populous.  Someone around here must be doing something right.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 4:39 pm 

I have noticed some sellers willing to ship USPS but unwilling to ship to PO boxes. What's up with that?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 4:54 pm 

Badmike wrote:  Obviously, deep disturbing imagery abounds in this dream, but I don't have the psychology chops to dig it out.  Was it a simple fantasy or a prelude to some dark demons I hold inside???? :twisted:

Mike B.

the more worrying thing is this... i was in one of your dreams??!!  8O  8O  8O  8O  8O

i am beginning to worry about you mike   :P

Al

ps. but then saying that, it could be quite potentially  the best dream ever cos i was in it :)

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 4:56 pm 

Afrika Corps wrote:Calling someone stupid because they speak with an accent or a particular vernaculer seems rather shallow and flawed assumption. In America we have many different dialects. Of course Im sure everybody really got the jest off the insult ( an arrogant and pointless comment used only to show dislike for American President)

Many Americans would like to ask why the British speak so funny also, I mean come on welcome to the year 2006, Shakespear is dead. Why dont you guys over there on that lil rainy island with dirty rivers and crappier music learn to speak modern english?  :P

Without getting too political its not Gee Dubyahs accent that makes people think that he is stupid, its what he says and what he does that make people think that he is stupid.  For those things I am not one to argue.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:00 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:
the more worrying thing is this... i was in one of your dreams??!!  8O  8O  8O  8O  8O

i am beginning to worry about you mike   :P

Al

ps. but then saying that, it could be quite potentially  the best dream ever cos i was in it :)

You DID point me to the Minotaur's Lair items...I think I must have read that thread before I went to sleep.  I had a good laugh about the dream when I woke up, you should have seen me trying to explain it to my wife, the look on her face...!

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:01 pm 

Mars wrote:
I think a lot of these questions are easy to answer.

Why Wales?  Because we have recently been talking about accents and the Welsh are probably the only other people known to have more outrageous accents than your Texas one.

Is there even a game store in Wales?  Ah there must be!

Why was Killjoy going to Glasgow?  Glasgow is the Northern hub for travel - I'm sure a bunch of his buddies were gathering there from all over the isle.

Why didn't I even offer Kill ONE of the Minotaur's Lair modules as a reward for finding the entire case for me?  You were probably pissed off since Killjoy took the case of ST1s beside Minotaur's Lair and didn't even offer you one - that rat bastard!

Why am I such a bastard in my dream?  This just means you have been dealing with Ebay too often - common syndrome.

Why was the store about to close in five minutes?  Stores commonly close for sun breaks in England because of all the rain and they wanted you out because who knows when it would start raining again.

Why Minotaur's Lair of all items?  Ah crap I don't know this one but it must mean you are severely disburbed.

I think you hit the nail on the head!  You are ready to get out and charge $100 an hour for dream therapy.

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 10:12 pm 

Xaxaxe wrote:Sadly, my three-year streak of SoCal appearances will be ending this year. Stupid pregnant wife ... :wink:

Dude, who's fault is that?   8O

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 10:24 pm 

I think the most disturbing element in Badmike's dream was....Killjoy.

I mean...seriously...the sudden appearance of a Death Jester in one's collecting dream must be a dire portent indeed!   8O

Now, as for Wales...you were obviously once a Roman soldier, garrisoned in Caerleon and once engaged in collecting chess pieces, gladiator trivia or old Egyptian prints of Hounds and Jackals.

Your entire dream strongly recalls The Dream of Macsen Wledig, and leads me to believe that you were once either Artorius Dux Bellorum, or a failed Roman imperial contender...possibly both.

As for the Minotaur's Lair, well, I suspect Xaxaxe is somehow to blame.   :P

Mark   8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 10:39 pm 

I've actually had The Game Store Dream, too, but mine is slightly different.

Briefly: I discover a neat new/used game store, and it is filled with very cool stuff from the late 70s/early 80s that I am interested in; it's like a store that knows my personal want-list. Actually that's the whole problem ... it is too filled with my favorite stuff (including never-before-seen items) and my brain begins to shut down. I don't know which way to turn.

Much like BadMike's dream, there's also a time limit. The store is closing and/or I am traveling and I will not be visiting this area again for years.

I'd say I have this dream (nightmare?) about five times per year.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 1:02 am 

Crocadile Hunter Steve Irwin RIP:

I guess it was bound too happen sooner or later.  Just to many crazy risks and too many near misses. Still pretty sad though, seemed like a nice guy.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 2:03 am 

Xaxaxe wrote:I've actually had The Game Store Dream, too, but mine is slightly different.

Briefly: I discover a neat new/used game store, and it is filled with very cool stuff from the late 70s/early 80s that I am interested in; it's like a store that knows my personal want-list. Actually that's the whole problem ... it is too filled with my favorite stuff (including never-before-seen items) and my brain begins to shut down. I don't know which way to turn.

Much like BadMike's dream, there's also a time limit. The store is closing and/or I am traveling and I will not be visiting this area again for years.

I'd say I have this dream (nightmare?) about five times per year.

X. yours doesnt even make the same grade dude, cos i aint in it - get it sorted man!

:D

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 73 of 111123 ... 70, 71, 72, 73, 74 ... 109110111