Old Random Thoughts Thread or OT Chit Chat Thread :)
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 71 of 111123 ... 68, 69, 70, 71, 72 ... 109110111
Author

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 2:10 pm 

MShipley88 wrote:No wonder! You oil tycoons can afford to corner the Ebay market!   :x

What does Harami do for a living....land baron?   :D

Oil Tycoon :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

I am a working stiff just like the rest of you!  I have just been around long enough that some people feel I can teach a little bit.  As far as cash goes, I have lots of credit cards and not to many other hobbies.  Pay one card off and then charge it up again :?

David must have inherited a ship building company or maybe made a fortune off of betting on England in recent criket test matches 8)

Later

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 2:44 am 

i beg your pardon if i'm OT in the OT thread (thus means that i'm IT!):

** expired/removed eBay auction **

i have never heard that deities with face logo could have chtulhu pages!!!  8O is it true what i'm reading?!?!

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 2:59 am 

ok, now i'm OT again...

do you know by chance why this:

is so expensive? ....afaik it is a print of '96 and i've never heard that it is rare...  :?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 3:36 am 

aia wrote:i beg your pardon if i'm OT in the OT thread (thus means that i'm IT!):

i have never heard that deities with face logo could have chtulhu pages!!!  8O is it true what i'm reading?!?!

Yes, aia, copies of the Dieties and Demigods books with 144 pages have the Cthulhu and Melnibonean pantheons.  I believe that the later copies, that do not have these pantheons, have 128 pages.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 3:50 am 

MShipley88 wrote:
Yes, aia, copies of the Dieties and Demigods books with 144 pages have the Cthulhu and Melnibonean pantheons.  I believe that the later copies, that do not have these pantheons, have 128 pages.

ok, that's clear to me... the point is that i believed that only the wizard logo editions had 144 pages! if you look to the auction i posted, this one has the face logo and the seller states that it is the cthulhu and melnibonean edition! this is new for my eyes!  8O

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 5:43 am 

I think the seller must be mistaken.  If his book has the face logo then it is highly doubtful that his book has 144 pages....highly doubtful.

He may have taken his description from another seller's auction without actually examining his own book.  If so, he is headed for trouble.

Mark   8)

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:31 am 

aia wrote:do you know by chance why this:

is so expensive? ....afaik it is a print of '96 and i've never heard that it is rare...  :?

This is the first edition of an actual book (as in "piece of literature") and not a game.  It is the book upon which the A Game of Thrones RPG is based.

I don't know much about book collecting other than books are expensive and grow in value year after year.

Wikipedia says that A Game of Thrones is also a board game and Trading Card Game.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:56 am 

aia wrote:i beg your pardon if i'm OT in the OT thread (thus means that i'm IT!):

No its not possible.  One of two things is happening there.  Either the seller has stolen someone elses photo with the face logo or he lying about the contents of the book. :evil:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:16 am 

Holy crap!!!  8O

I watched this auction up until about 6 hrs. left and decided against bidding on it.  At the time I stopped watching the price was $27.  That timetunnelcomics guy really wanted it bad to put in the $126 proxy bid....and then to lose it anyway.

I figured it would go for more than $30 but never thought it would crack $100.  Congrats to VF!!!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:27 am 

The Deities seller answered thusly when I informed him:

I apologize for the typo it is 128 pages not 144.

Uhhh, yeah, I can see how you accidentally typed 144 instead of 128.
What a fukin hammerhead.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:28 am 

bclarkie wrote:
No its not possible.  One of two things is happening there.  Either the seller has stolen someone elses photo with the face logo or he lying about the contents of the book. :evil:

Seems the seller confirmed that it has 128 pages and not 144pages saying that it was a typo. I received my notification of thias exactly 41 seconds before the auction ended. Somehow I really don't think that was a typo, especially considering that a typo is something like typing "thr" instead of "the". :evil:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 4:14 pm 

I contacted the seller.  Here is his response:

"theres was a typo i did not see its 128"

In other words...it does not have 144 pages...it has 128.

Mark   8)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:11 am 

Okay, I finally caved and made an avatar.  :)  Some of my friends call me Butters(I kind of look like him anyway) so I figured that was as good as any.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 2:26 am 

bclarkie wrote:Okay, I finally caved and made an avatar.  :)  Some of my friends call me Butters(I kind of look like him anyway) so I figured that was as good as any.

Cute avatar, but maybe you have to change your signature.

This link provides you some GREAT ideas...

Auto Insurance Rates

:wink:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:40 pm 

"Iran must not be allowed to develop a nucular weapon."
How thick is GB? Is the education in US schools so bad that even the their President can't speak properly? It's just embarrassing having someone illiterate fronting your country. Most companies wouldn't employ a receptionist that stupid.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:59 pm 

But that's how Homer Simpson says it!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:01 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:"Iran must not be allowed to develop a nucular weapon."
How thick is GB? Is the education in US schools so bad that even the their President can't speak properly? It's just embarrassing having someone illiterate fronting your country. Most companies wouldn't employ a receptionist that stupid.

Who is more foolish? The fool or the fool who follows him?

Ian, I know that you obviously hate the US, but lets avoid any more political commentary, this is not the place for it. Thanks.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:40 pm 

Actually, it is, being OT and all. But the fool follower in this case is actually probably being VERY smart. How much exactly is the UK involved financially and militarily in Iraq/Afghanistan/Iran/etc.? Not much. Yet they can claim to be our allies and reap some good benefits from being in our shadow.
Doesn't mater much, tho, the U.S. won't be the dominant world power for much longer.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 71 of 111123 ... 68, 69, 70, 71, 72 ... 109110111