Old Random Thoughts Thread or OT Chit Chat Thread :)
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 8 of 111123 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 109110111
Author

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:54 pm 

All five D&D sets - and Free shipping as well.  

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... T&rd=1

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 4:44 pm 

Hi, I'm Scott, long time reader, first time poster.

Check this one out:

eBay

Even though it's a 25th anniv. edition, for $.99, I'd have bid. Until I took a look at the shipping. An $8 handling fee?!?!? How do they handle it? Cryogenically? And that's on top of the shipping. Shipping to me was $11.85! Is a bike messenger bringing it? That's almost $19 shipping! No wonder no one's bid.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 5:11 pm 

silver_beetle wrote:Hi, I'm Scott, long time reader, first time poster.

Check this one out:

Fire King Ad | eBay

Even though it's a 25th anniv. edition, for $.99, I'd have bid. Until I took a look at the shipping. An $8 handling fee?!?!? How do they handle it? Cryogenically? And that's on top of the shipping. Shipping to me was $11.85! Is a bike messenger bringing it? That's almost $19 shipping! No wonder no one's bid.

Hey Silver,

How's the air in Cleveland these days?

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 5:14 pm 

silver_beetle wrote:Hi, I'm Scott, long time reader, first time poster.

Check this one out:

eBay

Actually I think the $11.85 is inclusive. $3.85 for the postage and $8.00 extortion. Not sure but I think that is what it is as you can add your mugging charge to be added to the postage charge. Make it a little better....sort of like only having a root canal on one tooth instead of two.

Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 6:09 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:then there is the Eastern treasure chest room.....which is empty bar for the thick layer of dust on the floor....

and the maxwell room, which is basically the toilet

then there is the creep room, where you pay admission and then ask for a refund cos the room wasnt what you thought

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:20 pm 

OMG, that was sooooo funny!!

Hit those who are peaceful

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 9:42 pm 

chokensmoke wrote:OMG, that was sooooo funny!!

Poker and D&D, kind of an odd combination.

http://72.14.207.104/search?q=cache:YyH ... moke&hl=en

I guess it goes along with your rather odd posts. I get the feeling all is not as it should be...........

You wouldn't by any chance be from Missouri would you?

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 9:45 pm 

In the process of checking somethings out tonight, I came upon this handy little website that helps weed out an EBay users Neutral/Negative feedbacks. The site is listed here:

Toolhaus.org

All that you need to do is to type in the user Id in question and it filters out all the positives and just leaves the negs and/or neutrals. Useful little tool there. :)

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 2:21 am 

bclarkie wrote:In the process of checking somethongs out tonight

ooer! :D

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 6:32 am 

killjoy32 wrote:
bclarkie wrote:In the process of checking somethongs out tonight

ooer! :D

Is it possible to have a Freudian slip while typing??? 8O :lol:

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 9:41 am 

bclarkie wrote:In the process of checking somethings out tonight, I came upon this handy little website that helps weed out an EBay users Neutral/Negative feedbacks. The site is listed here:

Toolhaus.org

All that you need to do is to type in the user Id in question and it filters out all the positives and just leaves the negs and/or neutrals. Useful little tool there. :)

That site is too cool.  I just checked my neg given and received, look like I gave out 15 negs and only received 3 in reply, that is a good average. :lol:

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 10:08 am 

bclarkie wrote:In the process of checking somethings out tonight, I came upon this handy little website that helps weed out an EBay users Neutral/Negative feedbacks. The site is listed here:

Toolhaus.org

What a blast!  I'm having a great time looking up all of you guys.  Some of those transactions must have been real nightmares.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 10:40 am 

afoolandhis$ wrote:
What a blast! I'm having a great time looking up all of you guys. Some of those transactions must have been real nightmares.

yeah its a handy site that.

i just looked up myself. i remember my 1 neg very well - the little t**t - he was a total utter waste of space.

so i have received 1 neg and 1 neutral and given 9 negs and 3 neutrals :) also not a bad average! tho i dont like doing that i have to say. sometimes you have no other option when all else fails....

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 10:48 am 

just on a funny side note of a.n.other. you can work it out for yourselves:

received 171 negatives/neutrals

given 143 negatives/neutrals

8O  8O  8O  8O  8O  8O  8O  8O  8O

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 11:03 am 

killjoy32 wrote:just on a funny side note of a.n.other. you can work it out for yourselves:

8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O

I've got a pretty good idea who that is.  What a way to go through life...

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 11:26 am 

afoolandhis$ wrote:
killjoy32 wrote:just on a funny side note of a.n.other. you can work it out for yourselves:

8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O

I've got a pretty good idea who that is. What a way to go through life...

quite scary really. tonya's is quite interesting too as well as a few more i can think of :)

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 12:19 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
chokensmoke wrote:OMG, that was sooooo funny!!

Poker and D&D, kind of an odd combination.

http://72.14.207.104/search?q=cache:YyH ... moke&hl=en

I guess it goes along with your rather odd posts. I get the feeling all is not as it should be...........

You wouldn't by any chance be from Missouri would you?

Perhaps there are indications here, as well?:

File Not Found

The man who be smokin a L Says Legalize

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 1:37 pm 

My god, this toolhaus thing Brian posted is just too much fun...reading cougar's negs is incredibly engrossing.  It's like a peek into a very dark and disturbed mind.  You have to marvel at his poor luck with the post office and newbies.  They just keep racking up the negs, despite coug insisting he's done with newbies.

There are many gems, but here's a particularly humorous exchange:

(neg) Item missrepresented. Item advertised as silver not silver colored plastic.

Reply by cougarrinard: only a fool would thing solid silver for 99p? U should have asked B4 bidding. ??

First of all, WHAT was the item?  Second, can't you just imagine him fondling it and wondering how much he can get for it because, from a distance and through a cheap camera lens, it almost looks like genuine silver.  Third, if I advertise something as being silver, do I leave it up to the bidder to ask me whether I meant genuine silver?  No matter how cheap the item is, that's somewhat akin to posting a print-out of the OB3 WoTC has on their website and advertising it as "Orange Cover Palace of the Silver Princess", then leaving the onus on the buyer to ask if it's genuine or not.

Anyway, back to the fun...

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 8 of 111123 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 109110111