Old Random Thoughts Thread or OT Chit Chat Thread :)
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 7 of 1111234, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 109110111
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 12:11 pm 

I asked him how many pages as well. I'm hoping to get a smartass answer.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 12:15 pm 

I did the same...will post if he replies.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 3:27 pm 

ROTFLMAO, Okay I'll ask him how many pages too.

Laughing hard in Indiana.... John

"Everyone's entitled to Al's opinion"

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 4:12 pm 

*<pulled down form the interesting itmes on EBay thread>* :wink:

deimos3428 wrote: I'm on my 3rd collection here...so in general, I'm trying to collect stuff I've never owned before.

I've already collected and sold all the standard issue 80s TSR color modules twice already, so no urge to go through the cycle again. :wink:

I am startting to feel more and more out of the mainstream. :? Does anyone else here collect modules? One of my main collecting goals is to have 1 of every common/uncommon 1st edition module in original shrink. Am I way off base with that or are there others?

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 4:20 pm 

bclarkie wrote:[i]

I am startting to feel more and more out of the mainstream. :? Does anyone else here collect modules? One of my min collecting goals is to have 1 of every common/uncommon 1st edition module in original shrink. Am I way off base with that or are there others?

i am just very impulsive. i will spot something and then "I HAVE GOT TO HAVE THAT" and there it is. doesnt fit into any mould or system :)

BUT its fun and thats more important to me.

i just like things that look interesting.

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 4:28 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
I am startting to feel more and more out of the mainstream. :? Does anyone else here collect modules? One of my min collecting goals is to have 1 of every common/uncommon 1st edition module in original shrink. Am I way off base with that or are there others?

I think I'm more similar to you in my collecting habits (and like Al, impulsive).

I have bits of everything aside from Birthright (though I do have the boxed set). My ideal collection would be 2 copies of everything produced for the Known World/Hollow World/Mystara. One copy in mint & SW, the other to be used and abused. :D

This is probably heresy to say, but the Greyhawk line has never really interested me that much either. Though I have a few items, there's too much other stuff I want for me to start collecting material for another world.

Most of my stuff is either basic D&D or 2nd ed.

Mount Celestia doesn't want me and Baator's afraid I'll take over.

Ninty-eight Blue and Green Slaad at the door, Ninty-eight Blue and Green Slaad, Take one down, they gate in two more, Ninty-nine Blue and Green Slaad at the door...

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 6:43 pm 

bclarkie wrote:*<pulled down form the interesting itmes on EBay thread>* :wink:

deimos3428 wrote: I'm on my 3rd collection here...so in general, I'm trying to collect stuff I've never owned before.

I've already collected and sold all the standard issue 80s TSR color modules twice already, so no urge to go through the cycle again. :wink:

I am startting to feel more and more out of the mainstream. :? Does anyone else here collect modules? One of my main collecting goals is to have 1 of every common/uncommon 1st edition module in original shrink. Am I way off base with that or are there others?

My main goal has always been to pick up one of all the modules for 1st edition.  I realized later that I really have no desire to get the Birthright or Dark Sun stuff.  I started out focusing on Greyhawk and then to Known World items, picking up a Forgotten Realms module here and there.  As far as first edition is concerned I only have a few Known World and Forgotten Realms modules left to go.  It was only after finding this site that I wanted to get some of the different supplements and rarer items just because I didnt even know about them before.

Now I want one of everything.  But I have to stop at multiple printings.  I dont have near enough room for that.  :wink:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 6:49 pm 

KingOfPain wrote:
Now I want one of everything. But I have to stop at multiple printings. I dont have near enough room for that. :wink:

Amen to that. I can see trying to get multiple printings of certain items, but when you start working on all printings of all items, you would need 2 freakin warehouses. 1 would be to store the stuff in and the second would be to house the money before you buy them all. 8O Or then again, it might be just cheaper and easier to move in with I/O. :P

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 6:56 pm 

bclarkie wrote: Or then again, it might be just cheaper and easier to move in with I/O. :P

see if you planned it right, you could all have a custom built extension onto IO's museum. one could be "the clarkie room", another "the white box room" (guess who)

see youre sorted! whats the problem :)

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 7:16 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:
bclarkie wrote: Or then again, it might be just cheaper and easier to move in with I/O. :P

see if you planned it right, you could all have a custom built extension onto IO's museum. one could be "the clarkie room", another "the white box room" (guess who)

see youre sorted! whats the problem :)

I want the "Judges Room" or "The Guild Hall" :lol:

ShaneG.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 7:17 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:see if you planned it right, you could all have a custom built extension onto IO's museum. one could be "the clarkie room", another "the white box room" (guess who)

*g*. Not fair... What's wrong with the 1stA, 1stB, 2nd and 3rd printings, Al?

Or is white back in fashion? ;)

*could do a nice wall collage of 1st print supps., too, whilst I've still got spares*

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 7:18 pm 

Plaag wrote:I want the "Judges Room" or "The Guild Hall" :lol:

:D

Tac Cards might make good wallpaper, too... :P

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 7:36 pm 

Winterwords wrote:
This is probably heresy to say, but the Greyhawk line has never really interested me that much either. Though I have a few items, there's too much other stuff I want for me to start collecting material for another world.

Aaarggghhh!

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 8:30 pm 

dbartman wrote:
Winterwords wrote:

Aaarggghhh!

I know, I know.  I was thinking blasphemy when I first read it as well.  But when I first started collecting, I was all about Greyhawk.  Nothing else interested me at all.  It took me some time but there are some really great Known World modules and supplements.  Heck, I just wish that TSR had gone into greater depth with Greyhawk like they did with Mystara.  I also dig Forgotten Realms and Planescape.  And while I have a few Dark Sun items and the Birthright box set, I wont touch Spelljammer with the business end of a tol-kendar.  :D

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 1:54 am 

harami2000 wrote:
Plaag wrote:I want the "Judges Room" or "The Guild Hall" :lol:

:D

Tac Cards might make good wallpaper, too... :P

hey i got more JG books than shane! my room is JG too! ummmm what could i be then....mmmm heheh "the room of indomitable circumstance" i could paint my room with books quite easily. i have about 700 JG traveller referee screens so that could do the job quite easily :D

lol yeah david's white room

or ummm Azurah's handbag room, painted with hellbound war box sets (big grin)

Mshipley 88's room of "i wish i could get my hands on one of them JG map sets chapel"

:D  :D  :D  :D

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:11 am 

harami2000 wrote:
killjoy32 wrote:see if you planned it right, you could all have a custom built extension onto IO's museum. one could be "the clarkie room", another "the white box room" (guess who)

*g*. Not fair... What's wrong with the 1stA, 1stB, 2nd and 3rd printings, Al?

Or is white back in fashion? ;)

*could do a nice wall collage of 1st print supps., too, whilst I've still got spares*

well you could split the room into sections which would nicely correlate into the relevant prints :D

but then in the back garden, we could have "guido's gypsy wagon"

and then there is "stormbers auction hall", ready made with stage etc for all them rare auctions....pictures around the wall of all the ppl who have sold thru his auctions

then there is the Eastern treasure chest room.....which is empty bar for the thick layer of dust on the floor....

and the maxwell room, which is basically the toilet

then there is the creep room, where you pay admission and then ask for a refund cos the room wasnt what you thought

any more?

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 11:50 am 

:lol: :lol: oh and Al :P That is why there is a "Guild Hall" you can have your room off of it too. :)

Course you forgot the "Dice Room" something akin to a drawing room (hell it'll have a bunch of crayons to color in the numbers)

ShaneG.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:50 pm 

Plaag wrote::lol: :lol: oh and Al :P That is why there is a "Guild Hall" you can have your room off of it too. :)

Course you forgot the "Dice Room" something akin to a drawing room (hell it'll have a bunch of crayons to color in the numbers)

ShaneG.

the dice room? hey thats the "johnhuck room"

then you have the "dragonlance bust room" where winterwords sits with her stuff :)

and the security room, where BC has about 30,000 monitors watching everyones every move....

grodogs "room of all things greyhawk" where there is a "treasures of the dragon queen" dangling from the ceiling just out of his reach.....

anyone think of anymore?

Are we nearly there yet?

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 7 of 1111234, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 109110111