Old Random Thoughts Thread or OT Chit Chat Thread :)
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 58 of 111123 ... 55, 56, 57, 58, 59 ... 109110111
Author

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 7:39 pm 

If Odysseyman is who I think he is, his name is Sheldon and he runs/ran a comic/game store in Halifax Nova Scotia since the mid 70's.

That is the store where I purchased my early D&D books, before there was any retailer in my city.

It is almost 175 miles from where I live in Atlantic Canada and I would get there at best a couple of times a year.

I was just discussing his post in classifieds with a friend of mine who was with me in the store "Odyssey 2000" in the early 80's. We witnessed him try to rip off a little kid by offering him 50 cents for a mint copy of Teen Titans #1. The kid did not take it, but that said a lot about his business ethics and I have not been in his store since (20+ years later)

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:24 pm 

bclarkie wrote:viewtopic.php?p=58932#58932

Don't you love it when noob stop by and tell everyone that they don't know what they are doing and then leave.  I especially love it when the stuff they sold was somewhere between 7 and 12 months ago and to top it off the post is condescending to boot, "For those who know how to use a computer".  :roll:   Well gee asshole, its an internet forum, I am pretty sure I know hoe to use a computer.  :roll:   The worst part of it is I actually bought some of that guys stuff and he is actually wrong on several accounts. :?  He had a few items go high, but thats it.  What a moron. :roll:

Sounds a lot like our old pal Creep1962...only this guy actually sold something.  Instead of being an idiot and a total jerk, this odyssey guy is just a huge asshat.  Probably been donkey-punched one too many times and his poor brain just doesnt work that well anymore.  Maybe he will come back and pretend he is his girlfriend and start blithering on about how much smarter he is than the rest of us, get flamed like a gasoline-filled douchebag by everyone here, and run off pouting like a pussbag just as creep1962 did.

Oh yeah...Montana is cool.  Screw Dan Marino.  :twisted:

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:27 pm 

His store Odyssey 2000 is still open in Halifax (my brother stopped by there last year) and the prices of D&D stuff reflects what he was selling his items for on Ebay.  I don't know how he stays open as a store front but he did make a killing on all the shrink wrapped stuff he sold on Ebay.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 11:37 pm 

Deadlord39 wrote:#1 and #2 are sweet. #3 and Bupu are drunken Saturday nighters. I still maintain she has a decent set of fun bags though.

Ah yes, the age old gaming dealer tactic of hiring a stripper to stand around your booth to draw forth a crowd of gamers.

An excellent marketing ploy when you consider the fact than the vast majority of gamers' closest contact to a half-dressed female is a Victoria's Secret catologue. :wink:

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 11:46 pm 

Montana has great trout fishing!

And by the way, I never said Michigan sucks. Just wanted to set the record straight.

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 11:53 pm 

bclarkie wrote:viewtopic.php?p=58932#58932

Don't you love it when noob stop by and tell everyone that they don't know what they are doing and then leave.  I especially love it when the stuff they sold was somewhere between 7 and 12 months ago and to top it off the post is condescending to boot, "For those who know how to use a computer".  :roll:   Well gee asshole, its an internet forum, I am pretty sure I know hoe to use a computer.  :roll:   The worst part of it is I actually bought some of that guys stuff and he is actually wrong on several accounts. :?  He had a few items go high, but thats it.  What a moron. :roll:

Wow, what a way to find out I don't know how to use a computer!  :cry:  His eBay sales history isn't coming up for me.  Apparently the sales were so long ago, the auction links are dead.  :roll:

Agreed on the moron sentiment.  He just pissed off a large percentage of the D&D collectors on the planet, so I hope he's sold out.  Not to mention showing his ignorance for how valuations on this site are determined.  I'm not surprised to learn he has one of the typical "comic book guy" style brick-and-mortar shops with inflated pricing.  I'm embarrassed to be from the same country as the shmuck, let's move on.

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 2:03 am 

How about we all ignore him.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 2:38 am 

MShipley88 wrote:How about we all ignore him.

yeah but thats not half the fun is it? :D

i read the classified coming on the site first...and i just knew one of you guys would comment....love it when i am right :D

not the best first post i have seen, i have to say....

oh well i dont think i will be buying from him, dont like the attitude.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 2:55 am 

Sent him a PM:

Nice start on the forum, dumbass. Milking noobs for money may be your thing, but we are actual collectors. We WORK for a living, so we don't need to fuck other people over.
Before you start proclaiming yourself an RPG god, try reading the previous posts about Acaeum pricing. You DO know how to use a computer to search, don't you?

Ignorant people are about the only thing that really irritates me.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 5:36 am 

ya know frank you have such a way with words :D

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 9:15 am 

Natural charm. It's a gift.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 2:18 pm 

Hey, how did the World Cup go?  Who won?

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 2:27 pm 

Latveria.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 5:05 pm 

its at the semi-final stage:

its extra time italy 0 - 0 germany

france v portugal tomorrow and i think the final is at the weekend

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 9:20 pm 

its extra time italy 0 - 0 germany

Its the last 2 minutes and it's 2-0 Italy - they,ve somehow lurched into the final without managing to look like world beaters!!

Tough call now but I'm rooting for Italy by default!! (Nothing personal France and Portugal*)

(* actually It might be a bit personal! :lol: )

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 1:59 am 

Quick! Name the only team so far to score against, and get a point off of, Italy. :wink:

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:45 am 

Xaxaxe wrote:Quick! Name the only team so far to score against, and get a point off of, Italy. :wink:

some crappy country thattaway <------- :P

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 3:50 am 

Xaxaxe wrote:Quick! Name the only team so far to score against, and get a point off of, Italy. :wink:

You got a point off of, it's true but ... is Zaccardo an USA player?? :wink:  :wink:

What a terrific match, yesterday!! :D  :D  :D

And now, Berlin :)

Cheers
Giorgio

PS: I was in the USA for honeymoon in June. California, Arizona, Utah ... The parks (Petrified Forest, Painted Desert, Grand Canyon, Monument Valley, Death Valley, Yosemite ... etc).
Simply wonderful.

... And thou, Melkor, shalt see that no theme may be played that hath not its uttermost source in me, nor can any alter the music in my despite ...

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 58 of 111123 ... 55, 56, 57, 58, 59 ... 109110111