Old Random Thoughts Thread or OT Chit Chat Thread :)
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 57 of 111123 ... 54, 55, 56, 57, 58 ... 109110111
Author

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 12:05 pm 

harumph. Had our biggest day so far this year at the bakery on Saturday; I couldn't drag myself out of bed for the D's. (But I did get the B1 and the G's. :) )

No, I don't use autosnipe software. Just an olde-fashioned fuddyduddy I guess.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 12:22 pm 

ExTSR wrote:harumph. Had our biggest day so far this year at the bakery on Saturday; I couldn't drag myself out of bed for the D's. (But I did get the B1 and the G's. :) )

The color on that B1 looked to be an interesting shade at first, but that's probably just the camera. I still haven't double-checked for printing variations amongst these GWs, however... :?

Busy ahead of July 4th for some reason?

ExTSR wrote:No, I don't use autosnipe software. Just an olde-fashioned fuddyduddy I guess.

Sniping doesn't help much, either. :P

results  
       D&D Adventure B1 In Search Of The Unknown          GBP 17.73             GBP 18.73               Jul-02 04:40:06             Outbid (*waves*)
       AD&D Adventure D3 Vault of The Drow          GBP 25.28             GBP 26.01               - - -             Bid Too Low
       AD&D Adventure D2 Shrine of The Kuo-Toa          GBP 25.28             GBP 26.02               - - -             Bid Too Low
       AD&D Adventure D1 Decent Into The Depths Of The Earth          GBP 19.88             GBP 21.60               - - -             Bid Too Low

Deimos had a pretty rough run there, too. Beaten by 1 penny and 2 pence on the D3 & D2.

Might be some time before another nice set like that comes up again: usually about one per year. 'grats on the Gs, though. :)

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 12:51 pm 

OT... but some of you will appreciate -if I am right-.

I was just lurking in a french forum... and... I am not sure, but... I really think that there is an avatar that will make you smile :roll:... there was a passionnate debate some months ago...  and... well, just have a look!

Casus NO • Information

Incredible how small our planet is...

:wink:

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 1:36 pm 

le Rahib wrote:I was just lurking in a french forum... and... I am not sure, but... I really think that there is an avatar that will make you smile :roll:...

*LOL*

(brrRrrrrr/ouch! :o)
There's always one sucker willing to try anything (once?)... :3

=
q.v. also; http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v316/ ... er10_s.jpg (semi-worksafe)

thx for the smile ^^

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 1:37 pm 

Hey it's Tony ass wap shop! Truly shocking.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 1:49 pm 

faro wrote:Busy ahead of July 4th for some reason?

Our summer biz started kicking in about 3 weeks ago, ramping up to this weekend. We've now hit the high plateau (about 10-15% ahead of last year's sales) and will stay there until the second week of August, when the Chicago-area schools start pre-season work or even resume classes. Two weeks of lull (i.e. mid-June level) and then a finall hurrah for Labor Day (beginning of September), and then iit's back down to May/June levels until early October when the leaves (colors) fall.

Life in a summer resort area 'up north'. We all try to make 6 months of profits in 3 months, to cover the slow winter (Jan thru Mar). Many businesses close by mid-October and don't reopen until May. But we're open 7 days a week all year long (minus 4: New Year's, Easter, Thanksgiving, and Christmas), very popular all the time. We trim back to 12-14 employees for the slow times, 20+ for summer.

I useta be a freewheeling hippie degenerate radical. Now I'm a businessman with Responsibilities and shareholders. ::sigh::

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 6:02 pm 

faro wrote:Deimos had a pretty rough run there, too. Beaten by 1 penny and 2 pence on the D3 & D2.

Yep, that stung!  There's always someone out there willing to push the envelope a little bit more...  :roll:

YIM  

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 6:15 pm 

le Rahib wrote:OT... but some of you will appreciate -if I am right-.

I was just lurking in a french forum... and... I am not sure, but... I really think that there is an avatar that will make you smile :roll:... there was a passionnate debate some months ago...  and... well, just have a look!

Casus NO • Information

Incredible how small our planet is...

:wink:

Oh, My!   I've got a couple of years on her and I think my Dad would STILL throw a blanket over me and carry me home if I wore that in public, and I wouldn't even be a business liablity by doing it.  :oops:  :oops:

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 6:42 pm 

le Rahib wrote:Incredible how small our planet is...

If she used that picture on her eBay AboutMe page, no one would gripe about excessive handling fees . . . (insert rimshot)

:lol:

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 6:56 pm 

I think that's very unfair, all by herself.

Compare these contenders from 4 different game conventions, and judge for yourself.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 7:27 pm 

ExTSR wrote:Compare these contenders from 4 different game conventions, and judge for yourself.

Frank, why do you have these particular images handy . . . ?   :wink:

I'm on dial-up, and I hope they finish loading before my wife comes back from the store . . .

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 7:30 pm 

#1 and #2 are sweet. #3 and Bupu are drunken Saturday nighters. I still maintain she has a decent set of fun bags though.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 7:38 pm 

Wow, #4 looks a lot like ...

... you know what? Nevermind. I'm not going down that road again.

Also, for many, many shots of random gamers (including some females) in awkward, strange, puzzling, and basically random poses, be sure to check Boardgame Geek. Just pick some games and click "browse images."

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 7:43 pm 

Any VG pictures of Cougar in a Titanium-chainmail bikini?   :wink:

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 7:52 pm 

JohnGaunt wrote:Any VG pictures of Cougar in a Titanium-chainmail bikini?   :wink:

I was practising tying bandanas on cougs this time a few years back: dun think chainmail bikinis would've suited or been comfortable for the felines, I'm afraid.

Oh, that "Coug"...? :lol:

Titanium-chainmail bikini... ^^

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 4:14 am 

ExTSR wrote:I think that's very unfair, all by herself.

Compare these contenders from 4 different game conventions, and judge for yourself.

It took some nerve to wear that to a convention.  Gotta respect that.  Go, ladies!

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 6:06 am 

Deadlord39 wrote:#1 and #2 are sweet. #3 and Bupu are drunken Saturday nighters. I still maintain she has a decent set of fun bags though.

i feel ill after looking at that #4

Bupu.....  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 7:31 pm 

viewtopic.php?p=58932#58932

Don't you love it when noob stop by and tell everyone that they don't know what they are doing and then leave.  I especially love it when the stuff they sold was somewhere between 7 and 12 months ago and to top it off the post is condescending to boot, "For those who know how to use a computer".  :roll:   Well gee asshole, its an internet forum, I am pretty sure I know hoe to use a computer.  :roll:   The worst part of it is I actually bought some of that guys stuff and he is actually wrong on several accounts. :?  He had a few items go high, but thats it.  What a moron. :roll:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 57 of 111123 ... 54, 55, 56, 57, 58 ... 109110111