Shipping Proxy For UK Seller Needed
Author

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 7:51 pm 

Hello,

I have someone who is trying to charge me way to much because they did not like the price the item closed at. I was wondering if someone in the UK would be willing to have the item shipped there and I could then pay them an honest shipping fee to the US plus something for their time. Thanks if anyone would be willing to help.

Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 1:55 am 

Marlith wrote:Hello,

I have someone who is trying to charge me way to much because they did not like the price the item closed at. I was wondering if someone in the UK would be willing to have the item shipped there and I could then pay them an honest shipping fee to the US plus something for their time. Thanks if anyone would be willing to help.

hey marl

i will sort it for you if you want chummer....

just PM me and i will give you my address ok

Al

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 5:03 am 

Marlith wrote:Hello,

If they don't ship overseas regularly they might not be familiar with which service to use.

Small packet rate is the cheapest airmail rate from UK to USA upto 2kg, and then Printed Paper is the only option from 2kg to 5kg.

Royal Mail | Royal Mail Group Ltd

And don't forget that we don't have the equivalent of the USPS GP flat rate envelopes.  Shipping from the UK to the USA seems to be almost double what you would pay shipping the opposite direction.  You can see that a 1kg package costs about £10 :evil:

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:03 pm 

Thank you for the offers of assitance and the information on shipping costs. I am glad to see members here stepping up to help a mostly lurker and poster of items he should not be. I willl try and remmber to post here how things work out and again thanks to all for their information and offers of assitance.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:27 pm 

Marlith wrote:Thank you for the offers of assitance and the information on shipping costs. I am glad to see members here stepping up to help a mostly lurker and poster of items he should not be. I willl try and remmber to post here how things work out and again thanks to all for their information and offers of assitance.

just a further note you guys over in the states, if you need a UK address for something to be sent to and then mailed onwards to you, just give me a shout ok?

Al

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 11:56 am 

Wanted to update everyone on this. One of the kind forum members here agreeed to help me and was set to accept the shipment and forward it on. The today I get this:

"Oh No - Disaster!!!

Last night a pipe sprung a leak in the airing cupboard. Sadly, in the cupboard next to it were a load of items from E-Bay waiting for posting and, Yes, you've guessed it your 2 items were in there and, sadly ruined! I have had to throw them away.

I will, of course, return your money in full to the PayPal account of: DELETED BY ME

Sorry about that - just one of those things, i'm afraid!

I hope you do not decide to leave bad feedback for something that really wasn't my fault. If you do, however, you can GUARANTEE I will do the same for you.

Kind regards,

Nick"

How would you all handle this. I accepted the payment. If they had not told me they threw them away I would have told them to ship me the damaged products and eaten the money just for spite. Would you leave negative feedback, report them to eBay? Any input would be appreciated.

By the way if you have any interest the seller is:

themusicdoesthetalking ( 186) 100% Feedback

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 12:07 pm 

Marlith wrote:Wanted to update everyone on this. One of the kind forum members here agreeed to help me and was set to accept the shipment and forward it on. The today I get this:

"Oh No - Disaster!!!

Last night a pipe sprung a leak in the airing cupboard. Sadly, in the cupboard next to it were a load of items from E-Bay waiting for posting and, Yes, you've guessed it your 2 items were in there and, sadly ruined! I have had to throw them away.

I will, of course, return your money in full to the PayPal account of: DELETED BY ME

Sorry about that - just one of those things, i'm afraid!

I hope you do not decide to leave bad feedback for something that really wasn't my fault. If you do, however, you can GUARANTEE I will do the same for you.

Kind regards,

Nick"

How would you all handle this. I accepted the payment. If they had not told me they threw them away I would have told them to ship me the damaged products and eaten the money just for spite. Would you leave negative feedback, report them to eBay? Any input would be appreciated.

By the way if you have any interest the seller is:

themusicdoesthetalking ( 186) 100% Feedback

Sounds like they weren't satisfied with the winning bid, and may be planning to list the items again, hoping for a better result.  What's your feedback score?  Are you concerned about getting a neg from them?  I wouldn't sweat it since, after all, what can they say about YOU?  You obviously paid on time and did nothing wrong.  I'd hit them with a neg and take one in return, AFTER receiving the refund of course.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 12:24 pm 

I got the refund already though because of PayPal I ended up losing money on the transaction. She sent as  payment instead of a refund. My Feedback score is 574 with one neg from a person who misrepresented a set of books and I gave them a negative and got one in reply. There are actually two items so I am not sure how negatives work. Is it like positives where more than one from the same person does not matter in the percentage? Can they be reported as a non performing seller?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 12:35 pm 

Marlith wrote:There are actually two items so I am not sure how negatives work. Is it like positives where more than one from the same person does not matter in the percentage? Can they be reported as a non performing seller?

Your percentage is based on unique sellers/buyers, not transactions, but the total count will appear.  I'm not sure about the nonperforming seller part, but would guess so.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 12:45 pm 

Marlith wrote: Can they be reported as a non performing seller?

Absolutely! And lets face it if they were telling a BS story, that would be one thing, but this a pretty clear instance of the seller backing out because they werent able to get as much for their auction as they wanted. That is why Ebay allows you to set a reserve price. Under the circumstances I would most certainly report them to Ebay as a non-performing seller. The feedback thing that is really your own decision. At this point the sellers feedback iis still 100% where your is not. If you neg them they can never get 100% back and so therefore in most circumstances it is veiwed as more valuable. Keep that in mind when you decide what to do. :wink:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 1:42 pm 

02c...

Ask them for the details of any of the other items that were destroyed in the flood, then contact the buyers to see whether that story tallies (or whether you're all in the same sinking ship).

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?M ... thetalking

aside: their house insurance will pay up £10+ per item, so there's no reason why you shouldn't get that, since you were the legal owner at that point.

You also did not give them permission to throw out your property.

I'd be inclined to make them sweat a bit, to try to evaluate whether they're telling the truth or not.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 6:21 am 

Here is the final reply I got from them. Nothing to do now but wait until the last minute and give the knob a negative and hope they dont see it in time to return the favor.

"What are you on about now? -- Has reality left your fragile little mind?

Get a grip!

Some water ran on some books -- you got your money back -- books thrown out -- no insurance claim - Get it?

I mean are you nuts? -- life isn't a game of Dungeons and Dragons you know.

I am completely lost for words when I have to deal with people like you who have nothing better to do than waste your time on trivialities. You need to get a life!

Now quit pissing around over nothing and leave me alone.

If I were you I'd tell your ‘advisor' that you want to deal with your own life by yourself as quite frankly he's making you look like a right twat!

Don't bother even replying to this as I've instructed my e-mail client to move anything from you into ‘Trash' where it belongs.

Regards,

Nick"

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 6:29 am 

Marlith wrote:
Don't bother even replying to this as I've instructed my e-mail client to move anything from you into ‘Trash' where it belongs.

Regards,

Nick"

if someone spoke to me like that i would simply go round and chin the guy. simple as that.

shame he doesnt live close. i would go pay a visit. i did the same for winterwords a while back but the shop had closed so i couldnt go and "have a word"

just neg the lil fecker marl and take the hit if you get it. on principle i would also msg all the other buyers too and make them aware of the situation as well just in case they are also faced with the same thing.

sorry to hear the deal didnt pan out.

dont think all UK sellers are the same as that tho, most of us are quite cool peeps....honest :D

Al

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:26 am 

.. ugh. I farking hate people like this. What's his email?

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 10:13 am 

Can you still message the seller through Ebay? Or is there a way to block messages?

This ugly scenario argues in favor of having two accounts, one for buying and one for selling. Would you care if you end up getting one or two negatives in an account that is just used for buying?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 10:27 am 

Seriously, I would report him to Ebay as a non-performing seller and I would also drill him with his now, 2 very deserved negs.  I would wear those retaliatory negs as a freakin badge of honor from dealing with such a a$$ hole.  It is pretty obvious that this guy made a mistake in his listings as evidenced by his subsequent auctions that were closed out early for an error in the  listing and then relisted after he realized that he f*cked up. Now rather then admitting to his mistake, he is now trying to make up a some BS story to try to make up for it.  Neg his a$$. :evil:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 11:23 am 

bclarkie wrote:Seriously, I would report him to Ebay as a non-performing seller and I would also drill him with his now, 2 very deserved negs. I would wear those retaliatory negs as a freakin badge of honor from dealing with such a a$$ hole. It is pretty obvious that this guy made a mistake in his listings as evidenced by his subsequent auctions that were closed out early for an error in the listing and then relisted after he realized that he f*cked up. Now rather then admitting to his mistake, he is now trying to make up a some BS story to try to make up for it. Neg his a$$. :evil:

but won't it be interesting tho if he suddenly relists the items again. should give everyone a heads up and we can all keep an eye and bombard him with shitty questions when the time comes....

Al