The Beholder Fanzine
Author

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 6:09 pm 

doh! thanks for bringing that up, I didn't know there was one till someone (you?) mentioned it here..... god eventually i suppose, we will see what shows up...

Brette:)

Collector

Post Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 1:26 pm 

I got my 2 copies at Dragonmeet 2 - which I almost missed because of the size change in the zine.

By the way, does anyone have a comprehensive list of zines?  I guess it would be almost impossible to put together a full listing, but surely someone must have had a go.

8O

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 2:58 pm 

Major Axe wrote:I got my 2 copies at Dragonmeet 2 - which I almost missed because of the size change in the zine.

Have heard about your (very sensible) tendency to pick up duplicates! :)

Good! Guy was right, Mike was wrong (or else wasn't looking for the correct size of 'zine, either). Thanks for the confirmation. :D

Major Axe wrote:By the way, does anyone have a comprehensive list of zines? I guess it would be almost impossible to put together a full listing, but surely someone must have had a go.

Sort of... for over here, anyhow.

I've added ~70 entries to the UK RPG 'zine list Brian Misiaszek maintained on uk.games.roleplay; which was a combined effort by various individuals including Brette.

Is pushing 400 now- titles, not issues *g*- 'though I still need to cull a few from the list that probably never were anything other than non-RP PBMs/dipzines (of which the UK has had hundreds, and for which a separate list is maintained at UK Zine Archive).

At present the list is very rough since I was trying to pull in dates, printing format, system content, references, etc. Might appreciate a hand with that some time...

Collector

Post Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 5:07 pm 

Thanks for the info.  I've just had a quick look at the listing and there are a few gaps - such as Wyrms Claw which was published in the 80s for 18 issues.  I'm more than happy to help out in the quest to put together a list of zines.

:lol:

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 5:38 pm 

Major Axe wrote:Thanks for the info. I've just had a quick look at the listing and there are a few gaps - such as Wyrms Claw which was published in the 80s for 18 issues. I'm more than happy to help out in the quest to put together a list of zines.

:lol:

PM sent. Please let me know what you think (if you wish to reply, rather than hide! :P).

David.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 6:00 pm 

I've added a few to his list since last time as well...can you post me a copy david and I'll see what I can do as well;)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 6:36 am 

while eating breakfast, i have just read through Underworld Oracle # 5 and Trollcrusher # 21.

bloody good books them - really liked the two dungeons contained therein.

must try and get more!

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Collector

Post Posted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 1:28 pm 

Yup - Trollcrusher was probably the best of em all.  It ran to issue #29, so there's lots to collect.

8O

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 3:13 pm 

Major Axe wrote:Yup - Trollcrusher was probably the best of em all. It ran to issue #29, so there's lots to collect.

8O

heh yeah i have two :)

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:34 pm 

Okay, I got a couple pushes from some familiar faces, but nothing substantial, and no snipes:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5245583152

Did I do okay on these, did you guys give me sypathy freebie, or did I way overpay.  :?

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:57 pm 

I already had them (and I think I may have a spare copy or two about as well) they come up infrequently... I don't think I would have pushas as much personally with approx $12 per issue, but to each his/her own... the only one I don't have is issue 2... the last is issue 8 (its the last copy i have anyway)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 3:25 am 

bclarkie wrote:Okay, I got a couple pushes from some familiar faces, but nothing substantial, and no snipes:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5245583152

Did I do okay on these, did you guys give me sypathy freebie, or did I way overpay. :?

you won them BC???!! oh feck man i am really sorry i didnt see that you were bidding or i wouldnt have bid there. oh man  :?

i would have still had them for that price anyway...regardless of whether they are worth it or not, cos i have never seen them before.

Are we nearly there yet?

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 3:42 am 

killjoy32 wrote:i would have still had them for that price anyway...regardless of whether they are worth it or not, cos i have never seen them before.

Time to give up on fanzines, I guess... :?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:39 am 

harami2000 wrote:
killjoy32 wrote:i would have still had them for that price anyway...regardless of whether they are worth it or not, cos i have never seen them before.

why? have i done something wrong?  :?

Are we nearly there yet?

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:14 am 

harami2000 wrote:

Oh god no don't do that;).. there are only a couple of insane people out there that pust the price up, some regularly go through for a couple of dollars...

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:26 am 

beasterbrook wrote:
harami2000 wrote:

Oh god no don't do that;).. there are only a couple of insane people out there that pust the price up, some regularly go through for a couple of dollars...

I guess that means that I paid too much then. :oops:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:37 am 

bclarkie wrote:

well i think something is worth what youre prepared to pay, regardless of what others think. if you decide to sell it and dont break even, well thats life. you win some, you lose some.

i am outbid about 4 times to my 1 win really, generally, but i am also impatient too. if i want something, then the desire to have it increases each time i dont get it :)

anyway.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:59 am 

killjoy32 wrote:
bclarkie wrote:

well i think something is worth what youre prepared to pay, regardless of what others think. if you decide to sell it and dont break even, well thats life. you win some, you lose some.

i am outbid about 4 times to my 1 win really, generally, but i am also impatient too. if i want something, then the desire to have it increases each time i dont get it :)

anyway.

Al

Yeah, I was just bidding on them due to the increased interest in zines over the last couple of weeks, so I wanted to check them out. I am by no means going to be entering in to the zine market as a regular, this was definitely just a curiousity buy.  :)  I was just hoping that my curiousity didnt cost me too much.

PreviousNext