G-series variations.
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 12:05 pm 

chromaticknight wrote:A lot :D

Yeah, I agree with that assesment. :wink: Considering the last batch was Frank's and went for something like $240.00 for just the G Series, I would say probably at least in the $800-$900 range.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 1:40 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
chromaticknight wrote:A lot :D

Yeah, I agree with that assesment. :wink: Considering the last batch was Frank's and went for something like $240.00 for just the G Series, I would say probably at least in the $800-$900 range.

*g* I don't recall whether John mentioned the internals are three-hole punched and the previous owner gave them to their kids to doodle on... Or not! ;)

Am presuming you remember the original auction, Brian? (Have an approximate idea for the Gs and Ds since I decided not to bid that time... :?).

=

*waves to my nemesis on later Ozzie Gs & Ds auctions*

Yeah, but might have been a lot less had you been on holiday for a couple of weeks! :D

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 4:31 pm 

harami2000 wrote:*g* I don't recall whether John mentioned the internals are three-hole punched and the previous owner gave them to their kids to doodle on... Or not! ;)

One of those nice times when a small and unclear image was hiding the fact that the modules had hardly been touched.

Something I forgot to mention is that the perforated pages in the USA/UK monos are not perforated in my Oz copies. And non of them have tri-fold covers.  How about the other owners?

And the same goes for the reference sheet in the Oz Basic rules.

I presume that Jedko wanted to keep the cost down.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 4:36 pm 

johnhuck wrote:One of those nice times when a small and unclear image was hiding the fact that the modules had hardly been touched.

Yep; I remember you mentioning off-board that you wished you had other copies you could handle more...

Had to have a bit of a jab at firm estimates being made without any scans or indication of condition, although I think you were encouraging that John!

"So, if these were to come up for sale, what sort of ball park do you think?" indeed! ;)

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 4:42 pm 

harami2000 wrote:"So, if these were to come up for sale, what sort of ball park do you think?" indeed! ;)

[violin]A four month old baby, a partner at college, and only one income.  But I do the best I can without having to sell my most prized assets[/violin]  :cry: :wink:

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 4:56 pm 

johnhuck wrote:
harami2000 wrote:"So, if these were to come up for sale, what sort of ball park do you think?" indeed! ;)

[violin]A four month old baby, a partner at college, and only one income. But I do the best I can without having to sell my most prized assets[/violin] :cry: :wink:

And a house worth $xxx,xxx...

Yeah, I know it can't be fun trying to balance all that. :(

I'm with Brian on the estimate, even if he just pulled that out of a hat. Notice you didn't ask me off-board whereas you did w.r.t. that other item possibly-for-sale. ;)

(Don't think you'd be interested in some only VG-ish Ozzie Gs & Ds in part exchange, either, under the circumstances?)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 4:58 pm 

harami2000 wrote:

I'm with Brian on the estimate, even if he just pulled that out of a hat. Notice you didn't ask me off-board whereas you did w.r.t. that other item possibly-for-sale. ;)

Nah, just an educated guess based on what previos Aussies have gone for versus what a shrinked set will end up doing to the value. 8O

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 5:00 pm 

harami2000 wrote:Had to have a bit of a jab at firm estimates being made without any scans or indication of condition.

And interesting rear covers.  Note the G3 artwork on G2.  And is that D1 artwork on G1?

And continuing the Oz theme...

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 5:02 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Nah, just an educated guess based on what previos Aussies have gone for versus what a shrinked set will end up doing to the value. 8O

...didn't recall those were still shrinked. Only a vague recollection of the auction and the final price. (*mutters*) (is still in the archives here, that)

A couple of spares were around $40-50, but otherwise mostly $80-100 with a few crazy prices on top (*points to listing*).

In all honesty, John might get best $ splitting the mods and letting there be an unholy fight over them... 8O :(

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 5:04 pm 

harami2000 wrote:And a house worth $xxx,xxx...

Yeah, I know it can't be fun trying to balance all that. :(?)

Touché

harami2000 wrote:(Don't think you'd be interested in some only VG-ish Ozzie Gs & Ds in part exchange, either, under the circumstances?)

Will have to mull that one. Anyway early train to London. So, got to sort my stuff out and get an early night. Bye...

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 5:05 pm 

Thanks John!

*goes off to sulk* :twisted:

Both my wins from Oz lost at least a grade in transit from lousy packaging. Looks like you found someone who made a very good job of that!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 5:08 pm 

harami2000 wrote:
bclarkie wrote:Nah, just an educated guess based on what previos Aussies have gone for versus what a shrinked set will end up doing to the value. 8O

...didn't recall those were still shrinked. Only a vague recollection of the auction and the final price. (*mutters*) (is still in the archives here, that)

A couple of spares were around $40-50, but otherwise mostly $80-100 with a few crazy prices on top (*points to listing*).

In all honesty, John might get best $ splitting the mods and letting there be an unholy fight over them... 8O :(

Oh, my bad :oops: , based on the way its presented on the site, I thought that it was an unopened set. Even still should net quite pretty penny however it goes down. :)

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 5:11 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Oh, my bad :oops: , based on the way its presented on the site, I thought that it was an unopened set. Even still should net quite pretty penny however it goes down. :)

*g*. Hey, quit salivating or else they'll end up looking like Martian Gs & Ds!

*rofl* :lol:

Previous