The abduction of The Abduction of Good King Despot
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 4:39 pm 

As some of you know, Toronto was holding a Gaming Expo in which Gary Gygax was a guest.  They said it was his first appearance in Toronto since 1980.  I don't think we get too many of the big names up here except for local Ed Greenwood.  I received a few emails from the organizers, about 4 days before the Gaming Expo because Gary decided he wanted to run the module The Abduction of Good King Despot as the tournament module that he would run in the final round.   Unfortuneatly, the organizers did not have a copy so they tracked me down and I loaned them a copy with the stipulation that I would get it back signed by Gary.  I thought this would be a great addition to my collection - having the copy that Gary used when he came up here.  The Expo is now over but I haven't received the mod back yet :(  I contacted the organizers again but they can't seem to find it.  They are not sure if they misplaced it or if Gary took it with him, etc.  

I have no idea how Cons are organized and the mayhem that follows in sorting out everything but do you think there is any hope that I will get this one back?  I guess at least it isn't a very expensive one to find.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 4:49 pm 

You could try asking Gary over at his Enworld thread if he remembers what he did with it afterwards. He posts there regularly. Maybe he thought it was a gift for him!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 7:04 pm 

If it is not too expensive, buy another copy...contact Gygax and explain what happened.  Send him the second copy with return postage and he may be willing to go an extra mile or so for you because of the situation.  Most likely explanation is that Gygax was handed the module and kept it because he did not know its return was expected.   8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 12:35 am 

They come up semi-regularly on eBay, and you should also be able to find copies at Noble Knight, Titan Games, from other Acaeum members, etc.  Shouldn't run you more than $10 for an EX+ copy, if you have to replace it.

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/