IO’s Little Castle, and the Politics of Natural Disasters
Author

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 6:05 am 

killjoy32 wrote:i imagine david's house has been pre-fabricated with white boxes :D

Large blocks of granite, actually. ;)

Typical council-built house around these parts... ^^

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 6:31 am 

harami2000 wrote:
killjoy32 wrote:i imagine david's house has been pre-fabricated with white boxes :D

Large blocks of granite, actually. ;)

Typical council-built house around these parts... ^^

of course david, we all believe you :D

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 9:16 am 

afoolandhis$ wrote:
bclarkie wrote:Actually, all the modules in boxes are bagged and boarded. :wink: I was actually in the process of bagging and boarding some of my newer acquisitions last night which is what prompted me to take some pics. :)

Nice hoard, clarkie. I especially like the football on the nightstand. :wink:

Is that the 1st print woodie you won recently? For some reason, I had the impression it was in much worse condition. Looks pretty nice.

Thanks All. David is right though this is the good side. :) Stephen, as far as the football, PSU all the way bro. :wink: I like to wake up to it in the morning. :lol:

harami2000 wrote: (Looks like you've got a Falx as a wandering monster... Kept rolling "6"s? ;)).

Not just a wandering monster there, he has friends. :wink: I could take out all my rares and group them together for one photo if you like, but I will have too wait for my newly acquired Strategic Preview to arrive. :P

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 4:36 pm 

Dear Invincible overlord,

Congratulations on your incredible organization!  What a collection! I cannot call myself a "collector" unless you count all the unpainted mini's... I have (1000's) to go with my 500+ painted ones...this year I am planning to take over my parents basement (I live with them and my Wife in a 4-story brownstone in midtown NYC) and make it into my first Official Gaming Room. I am in desperate need of more space not only for gaming but for creating and painting pieces for Dwarven Forge.

Your "Set up" is an inspiration to me. I especially like the fact that you have various lighting and sound effects at your finger tips...something I plan to incorporate into my new Game Room as well 8)

I also very much admired your hand drawn map of the Caverns. I am also very fond of drawing maps and yours was truly great 8O

Do you collect miniatures as well?

Bravo, once again! What an incredible work you have done, hats off!

Stefan Pokorny

CEO-Dwarven Forge.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 4:42 pm 

Uh oh. There's a lotta miniatures fans here Stefan, and outing yourself as the CEO of DF.. if you start running now, the horde might not catch you  :lol:

(Welcome! :))

Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 11:35 pm 

He, he, he...no problem. (I think) :oops:

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 12:31 am 

Just ordered the limited edition Den of Evil off the Dwarven Forge website.  It looks awesome in the shots.   8)

Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 3:36 am 

Thank you Dathon,

I appreciate your business. :)  We plan to do a Limited Edition follow up on the Den of Evil, consisting of "Evil Extra's"  which would include furniture, altar, evil dressings so to speak...it is in the design/planning stage right now.

I myself have been busy sculpting an Underground Cavernous River system...it has been a while since I did any actual sculpting myself and I'm having fun!

If that does well, I also plan to do a Lake Set...rumors have it that deep in the darks of these caverns there have survived some of the pesky old Lizard men...

Best Regards,

Stefan.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 4:25 am 

dathon wrote:Just ordered the limited edition Den of Evil off the Dwarven Forge website. It looks awesome in the shots.  8)

Wish I wasn't too poor to afford DF stuff  :lol:

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 8:28 am 

GraysonAC wrote:
dathon wrote:Just ordered the limited edition Den of Evil off the Dwarven Forge website. It looks awesome in the shots. 8)

Wish I wasn't too poor to afford DF stuff :lol:

THe pricing seems quite reasonable ... though I would need to build a bigger room to set it up  :lol:

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 1:00 pm 

improvstone wrote:THe pricing seems quite reasonable ... though I would need to build a bigger room to set it up :lol:

Oh, it's not unreasonable for what you're getting. I just can't afford to get DF stuff, and books, and miniatures ;)

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 7:34 pm 

GraysonAC wrote:
improvstone wrote:THe pricing seems quite reasonable ... though I would need to build a bigger room to set it up :lol:

Oh, it's not unreasonable for what you're getting. I just can't afford to get DF stuff, and books, and miniatures ;)

I walked into Borders on the weekend and saw a 3.5 Ed book (can't remember which one) with a price tag of $75  8O  

Now that is an unreasonable price :!:   In fact I bet my bottom dollar if the prices of books were like that when I started roleplaying then I never would have started.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 7:54 pm 

improvstone wrote:I walked into Borders on the weekend and saw a 3.5 Ed book (can't remember which one) with a price tag of $75 8O

EPT and RQ III were certainly higher than that (inflation-indexed)....

(OK, but you got a whole system/world for that price back then! :))

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 8:01 pm 

harami2000 wrote:
improvstone wrote:I walked into Borders on the weekend and saw a 3.5 Ed book (can't remember which one) with a price tag of $75 8O

EPT and RQ III were certainly higher than that (inflation-indexed)....

(OK, but you got a whole system/world for that price back then! :))

But as you well know wages don't increase inline with inflation.  :roll:

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 8:10 pm 

improvstone wrote:But as you well know wages don't increase inline with inflation. :roll:

(yep; am earning 30-35% of what I was 4-5 years ago...)

Hate to think what the total shelf price of a "complete" set of books for the various systems might be, just now.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 8:34 pm 

improvstone wrote:
I walked into Borders on the weekend and saw a 3.5 Ed book (can't remember which one) with a price tag of $75 8O

I can't think of any new book that would be that expensive offhand. The World's Largest Dungeon or something maybe, but that's about it.

You can get a set of the 3 core books (PHB/DMG/MM) for $60 USD brand new.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:58 am 

GraysonAC wrote:
improvstone wrote:
I walked into Borders on the weekend and saw a 3.5 Ed book (can't remember which one) with a price tag of $75 8O

I can't think of any new book that would be that expensive offhand. The World's Largest Dungeon or something maybe, but that's about it.

MSRP on the fancy-shmancy leatherbound limited edition Player's Handbook is $75.  Sadly, $40 and $50 RPG hardbacks are becoming more and more common.   :?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 3:44 pm 

Ahh, right. $40 is still the "standard" rate on the big hardcovers. $30 for the splatbooks.

PreviousNext