IO’s Little Castle, and the Politics of Natural Disasters
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 3:24 pm 

IO. Did you actually buy a house to put your collection in?

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 4:19 pm 

Rita hasn't even hit yet, and the media is already pushing the black/Hispanic/poor angle. Truly amazing. The fact that we tolerate this stupid shit makes me ashamed to be an American.

Who in here is in the area of the 'cane?

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 5:05 pm 

Deadlord36 wrote:Rita hasn't even hit yet, and the media is already pushing the black/Hispanic/poor angle. Truly amazing. The fact that we tolerate this stupid shit makes me ashamed to be an American.

This is the hurricane Katrina thread, quit posting off-topic!  :P

[edit]Title's been changed, I stand corrected.

YIM  

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 5:54 pm 

Deadlord36 wrote:Who in here is in the area of the 'cane?

I'm about 30 miles east of Houston so I'll be catching a bit of nasty weather, though be no means the worst of it.  Still, we're expecting power loss and possibly some flooding in the area.  The people I feel sorry for are the ones still sitting on the freeways trying to get out of town... that's turning out to be a really bad situation.  There have been quite a few deaths already.   :(

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 7:43 pm 

Deadlord36 wrote:Rita hasn't even hit yet, and the media is already pushing the black/Hispanic/poor angle. Truly amazing. The fact that we tolerate this stupid shit makes me ashamed to be an American.

What really pisses me off is George Bush arranging for two massive hurricanes so close together.

I mean, please....if the president really must persecute poor, black and Hispanic people he should have at least caused the hurricanes to appear at no closer than one month intervals, so all of us rich white people could complete our secret plans to remain immune to nature.

You would have thought that the president would hold off for a month or two to make sure no one catches on to his true goal.

I do, however, commend him for arranging to screw up all of Texas with a huge traffic jam.  Good job, George!  Keep on popping those tires and switching road signs!

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 9:59 pm 

Alright for shits and giggles,  I pulled most(about 90%) of my modest sized collection out tonight and took some pics. Not quite as impressive or nearly as organized, but it works for me :) I ma sure once I get out of this apartment and into a house, I will be able to shelve it and make it more museum like. Also, keep in mind that every box that I have in these pictures is absolutely filled to the top. I do have over 200 individual originally shrink wrapped itmes. Some of this stuff is going to be sold in the next few months, but here is bclarkie's modest lair as it stands now:

Please fell free to make rude comments ridicule me and to laugh out loud. :wink:

Anyone want to make me an offer. :P

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 10:25 pm 

bclarkie wrote:

I've seen collections like that go for around $100 on ebay, I'll give ya $110 if you'll ship for free.   :P

Kidding Aside, Great collection!  My stuff is so "creatively organized" right now pictures would be embarassing.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 10:37 pm 

Reindeergamez wrote:
bclarkie wrote:

I've seen collections like that go for around $100 on ebay, I'll give ya $110 if you'll ship for free.  :P

Kidding Aside, Great collection! My stuff is so "creatively organized" right now pictures would be embarassing.

*looks over at own ever-more-pitiful looking collection*  :(

And even I would bid more than $500 on that!  There's a frickin' woodgrain in there!  And a beer!  :P

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 10:48 pm 

Reindeergamez wrote:
bclarkie wrote:

I've seen collections like that go for around $100 on ebay, I'll give ya $110 if you'll ship for free. :P

Kidding Aside, Great collection! My stuff is so "creatively organized" right now pictures would be embarassing.

$120.00 and its sold. :o :twisted: :P

deimos3428 wrote:

... And a beer! :P....

Now that is the 2nd time today you made me almost fall out of my chair from laughing. :lol:

*points above to the post about DL posting off topic*.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 11:01 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
deimos3428 wrote:

... And a beer! :P....

Now that is the 2nd time today you made me almost fall out of my chair from laughing. :lol:

*points above to the post about DL posting off topic*.

Sorry man.  It's a slow eBay night, gotta pass the time somehow. :)

I'm seriously thinking of breaking the camera out.  My collection would all fit in one photo, though.

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 1:26 am 

deimos3428 wrote:I'm seriously thinking of breaking the camera out. My collection would all fit in one photo, though.

LOL, well, mine would fit in only two (one for each bookshelf), deimos, so you're in pretty good company :D

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 10:00 am 

bclarkie -

Ah! Could you at least bag and board those modules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh the pain......... 8O

Crap, who am I kidding. My stuff - about the same quantity, or a bit less, isn't much better. But at least my crap a little better organized. I like those plastic container boxes with the flip lids. (Disguised from wife who has no real idea of quantity).

I'll break out some pics when I know my lovely wife isn't in the AO. I don't need the, "What the hell is all that garbage?" facial expression. Which will quickly be followed by the, "I thought you were getting rid of all that geek stuff?!!!"

Anyway. It is good to see others with the same dark and hidden passion!!

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 10:27 am 

bbarsh wrote: bclarkie -

Ah! Could you at least bag and board those modules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh the pain......... 8O

Actually, all the modules in boxes are bagged and boarded. :wink:  I was actually in the process of bagging and boarding some of my newer acquisitions last night which is what prompted me to take some pics. :)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 11:48 am 

I'm almost done packing mine away. 24 Sterilite buckets so far. I really wish I collected matchbooks.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 2:22 pm 

*glumly joins the Bookshelf Collection crowd*

Heh, everything I've got fits pretty handily on one bookshelf. It's a big one at least, 5 shelves. Not that that's making me feel any better at this point  :lol:

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 10:02 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Actually, all the modules in boxes are bagged and boarded. :wink: I was actually in the process of bagging and boarding some of my newer acquisitions last night which is what prompted me to take some pics. :)

Nice hoard, clarkie.  I especially like the football on the nightstand.   :wink:

Is that the 1st print woodie you won recently?  For some reason, I had the impression it was in much worse condition.  Looks pretty nice.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 10:29 pm 

afoolandhis$ wrote:Is that the 1st print woodie you won recently? For some reason, I had the impression it was in much worse condition. Looks pretty nice.

That's the good side. :)

Thanks for the pics, Brian. Good to see another more typical (i.e. non-IO) collection as well.

(Looks like you've got a Falx as a wandering monster... Kept rolling "6"s? ;)).

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 4:47 am 

harami2000 wrote:
Thanks for the pics, Brian. Good to see another more typical (i.e. non-IO) collection as well.

(Looks like you've got a Falx as a wandering monster... Kept rolling "6"s? ;)).

i think thats a great collection Bri. if i had that collection, i would be well proud of it man!

mine aint anywhere near as nice as that, but as long as each person is happy with what they have, that is the main thing all round.

i imagine david's house has been pre-fabricated with white boxes :D

Are we nearly there yet?

PreviousNext