Research question: OD&D Supplements :)
Author

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 3:44 pm 

Interesting thread to bump, Brian? :)

bclarkie wrote:Rather than create a new thread, I figured that I'd bump this one. :)  I was just loooking trhough my recently acquired 4th print white box set and I decided to compare it to my other set of 4th print booklets and I notice a couple of differences.  One of which should come as no surprise adn one was kind of surprising.  

1) The first difference that I noticed is the covers are different, both in color and in texture.

2) The second one I found rather interesting:  The TSR Hobbies sticker on the last page of my M&M booklet isn't there. Anyone else have a set like this?

Nice... Which one of those two should come as no surprise, btw? ;)

Have been asking 'bout these for some time and had the variant tentatively listed at the start of the 4ths. Unfortunately, no further evidence to help confirm/deny that, including from Tim Kask (yup, that set).

Originally posted back in 2004 over here; Post research tidbits here • Page 3 • Collecting General •  The Acaeum

Which auction was that, btw? I lose track of the white boxes you're stacking up... (Pics of the upper-front of the box and the books would be appreciated- poss. with some of your other 4ths stacked, if req'd *g*).

Cheers,
David.

"7.3 ORGANIZING THE PARTY: Always have a keg, even if it's BYOB...
7.4 TAKING THE GAME SERIOUSLY: Don't"

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:48 am 

Mine has the sticker.  It could easily enough not have the sticker, if that makes it skyrocket in value, or something.   :twisted:

YIM  

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 5:49 pm 

deimos3428 wrote:Mine has the sticker.  It could easily enough not have the sticker, if that makes it skyrocket in value, or something.   :twisted:

Even if you could remove the label without leaving very obvious signs of removal (try it... :)), you'd still have to do something 'bout the page wrinkles from when it was applied.
Certainly not "easy" to doctor a high-grade copy, even allowing for other  possible ID factors.

"7.3 ORGANIZING THE PARTY: Always have a keg, even if it's BYOB...
7.4 TAKING THE GAME SERIOUSLY: Don't"

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:16 am 

I haven't forgot about this. I will try and post pics tommorow.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:35 pm 

Alright as promised(albiet a bit late, as usual  :? ) here are some pictures. I took a good look at the M&M booklet where the sticker is supposed to be and upon further review there may be a bit of sticker residue left, so it is most likely that I have answered my own question.  Regardless though here are some pictures:

White Box the books came in:

Last page of the M&M in question:

Close up of the spot where the sticker is supposed to be:

Comparison #1 against my other set of boxless 4th print books (books in question are in the left):

Comparison #2 against my other set of boxless 4th print books (books in question are in the left):

Comparison #3 against my other set of boxless 4th print books (books in question are in the left):

So there you go.  What do you all think?

BTW, if you don't like my picture taking skills, I will be forced to leave you:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:02 pm 

LONG POST
Basically I took David's first post and added the product lists to it that I had, as well as include 1 Chainmail and the OCE MMs 5th-7th (still need to add the 4th and Bio One)
Anyhow I have a word doc that is highlighted with what changes after the product list before it and also how it appears in the produt list (not exact but has each line as it appears in said product list)
Grew bored, determined, and knew David's work should not be lost for this long..so here is the list in bad format as it comes up on here, but for those that want the word doc so that they can submit changes please PM me with your email addy.

A.

(GK logo) TACTICAL STUDIES RULES

"TACTICAL STUDIES RULES OFFERS....."

Cavaliers and Roundheads $3.00; Dungeons & Dragons $10.00

... Multi-Sided Dice $1.75 (updated in pen to $2.50)

... Boot Hill Coming Soon!

... The Strategic Review; 4 issues for $1.50

... Sage Street addy

- GH T1st ("2/75"(=?4/75)) (page 55 has TSR contents up to #3 (?in advance))

B.

[@@ GH GK1st, non-T1st. Still awaiting confirmation of existence?]

C.

PRODUCT LIST

"TACTICAL STUDIES RULES OFFERS....."

Cavaliers and Roundheads $3.00; Dungeons & Dragons $10.00

... Milti-Sided (sic) Dice Sets $2.50

... Boot Hill; $5.00

... The Strategic Review; 4 issues for $1.50

... PO Box 756 addy

- GH GK2nd (7/75) (page 66 has TSR contents, up to TSR #3)

D.

[@@ GH Lizard2nd. Not yet seen.]

E.

PRODUCTS LIST       
TRACTICS - Rules for WWII miniatures, 3 booklets plus chats, boxed                                        $10.00
PANZER WARFARE - Rules for WWII tons armor battles in micro-
miniature scales                                                                                $  4.00
BOOT HILL - Rules for man-to-man action in the "Wild West"                                                $  5.00
TRICOLOR - The Napoleonic Wargame in Miniatures                                                        $  5.00
CAVALIERS AND ROUNDHEADS - English Civil War Miniatures Rule                                        $  3.00
DON'T GIVE UP THE SHIP - Miniatures Rules for the Great Age of Sail;
single-ship actions large battles                                                                        $  5.00
CLASSIC WARFARE - Rules for the Ancient Period, from the Pharaohs to
the Byzantine Empire                                                                                Mar. 1st
CHAINMAIL - Rules for Medieval Miniatures (plus Fantasy)                                                $  5.00
DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS - Swords and Sorcery Wargaming with
Paper and Pencil and Miniatures, 3 booklets, boxed                                                        $10.00
GREYHAWK - Supplement I to D&D                                                                $  5.00
BLACKMOOR - Supplement II to D&D                                                                $  5.00
DUNGEON! - The boardgame of fantastic Dungeon Adventuring for 1-12
plavers, boxed                                                                                $12.50
EMPIRE OF THE PETAL THRONE - Fantasy Adventure in the World of
Tekumel, 3 Full-Color maps, boxed                                                                $25.00
WAR OF WIZARDS - Game of Dueling between two mighty Wizards, ex-
cerpted from EPT, usable in D & D; Rules, Die-cut Counters and Board, in
zip-lok                                                                                        $  7.50
STAR PROBE - Game of adventure, Exploration and Conflict in Space                                        $  6.00
Multi-Sided Dice Sets - Each set contains one 20-, 12-, 8-, 6-, and 4-sided die                                        $  3.00
Percentile Dice - Two high-impact 20-sided die: red and white                                                $  2.00
Complete Catalog - Games, Rules, Miniatures, Accessories                                                $  2.00*
* Refundable with first order of $10.00 or more of miniatures

No mention of Strategic Review or The Dragon

No address stated

- BLK 1st ("9/75"(=?12/75))

F.

PRODUCTS LIST       
TRACTICS - Rules for WWII miniatures, 3 booklets plus chats, boxed                                        $10.00
miniature scales                                                                                $  4.00
BOOT HILL - Rules for man-to-man action in the "Wild West"                                                $  5.00
TRICOLOR - The Napoleonic Wargame in Miniatures                                                        $  5.00
CAVALIERS AND ROUNDHEADS - English Civil War Miniatures Rule                                        $  3.00
single-ship actions large battles                                                                        $  5.00
the Byzantine Empire                                                                                $10.00
FIGHT IN THE SKIES - World War I Aerial Combat Game, boxed                                        $10.00
CHAINMAIL - Rules for Medieval Miniatures (plus Fantasy)                                                $  5.00
Paper and Pencil and Miniatures, 3 booklets, boxed                                                        $10.00
GREYHAWK - Supplement I to D&D                                                                $  5.00
BLACKMOOR - Supplement II to D&D                                                                $  5.00
plavers, boxed                                                                                $12.50
Tekumel, 3 Full-Color maps, boxed                                                                $25.00
zip-lok                                                                                        $  7.50
STAR PROBE - Game of adventure, Exploration and Conflict in Space                                        $  6.00
Multi-Sided Dice Sets - Each set contains one 20-, 12-, 8-, 6-, and 4-sided die                                        $  3.00
Percentile Dice - Two high-impact 20-sided die: red and white                                                $  2.00
Complete Catalog - Games, Rules, Miniatures, Accessories                                                $  2.00*

... Little Big Horn and The Character Archaic not listed

No address stated

- GH 3rd (1/76) (page 66 has TSR contents, up to TSR #4)

G1.

PRODUCTS LIST       
TRACTICS - Rules for WWII miniatures, 3 booklets
plus chats, boxed                                                                                $10.00
PANZER WARFARE - Rules for WWII tons armor battles
in micro-miniature scales                                                                        $  4.00
LITTLE BIG HORN - 1876 Sioux uprising, Boxed Boardgame,
Die-cut counters, color map                                                                        $10.00
CAVALIERS AND ROUNDHEADS - English Civil War
Miniatures Rule                                                                                $  3.00
DON'T GIVE UP THE SHIP - Miniatures Rules for the Great Age
of Sail; single-ship actions large battles                                                                $  5.00
CLASSIC WARFARE - Rules for the Ancient Period, from the
Pharaohs to the Byzantine Empire                                                                $10.00
FIGHT IN THE SKIES - World War I Aerial Combat Game, boxed                                        $10.00
DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS - Swords and Sorcery Wargaming
with Paper and Pencil and Miniatures, 3 booklets, boxed                                                $10.00
ELDRITCH WIZARDRY- Supplement III to D&D                                                        $  5.00
DUNGEON! - The boardgame of fantastic Dungeon Adventuring
for 1-12 plavers, boxed                                                                        $10.95
EMPIRE OF THE PETAL THRONE - Fantasy Adventure in the
World of Tekumel, 3 Full-Color maps, boxed                                                        $25.00
WAR OF WIZARDS - Game of Dueling between two mighty
Wizards, excerpted from EPT, usable in D & D; Rules, Die-cut
Counters and Board, in zip-lok                                                                        $  7.50
STAR PROBE - Game of adventure, Exploration and Conflict
in Space                                                                                        $  6.00
Multi-Sided Dice Sets - Each set contains one 20-, 12-, 8-, 6-,
and 4-sided die                                                                                $  3.00
THE CHARACTER ARCHAIC - The ultimate in playing aids -
can be used for D&D and/or EPT. Character records,
encounter records, non-player character records & more,
all beautifully illustrated. A Must for all D&D and EPT
enthusiasts everywhere                                                                        $  3.00

TSR HOBBIES
                    POB 756
            LAKE GENEVA, WI 53147

- White Box MM 5th (12/75)

G2.

PRODUCTS LIST       
LITTLE BIG HORN - 1876 Sioux uprising, Boxed Boardgame, Die-cut counters, color map                        $10.00
the Byzantine Empire                                                                                $10.00
AIRPOWER - WWII Plane-to-Plane Miniatures Rules                                                        $  3.50
ELDRITCH WIZARDRY- Supplement III to D&D                                                        $  5.00
THE CHARACTER ARCHAIC - The ultimate in playing aids - can be used for D&D and/or
EPT. Character records, encounter records, non-player character records & more, all beautifully
illustrated. A Must for all D&D and EPT enthusiasts everywhere                                                $  3.00

TSR HOBBIES
                    POB 756
            LAKE GENEVA, WI 53147

- ELD 1st ("4/76")

H.

(NEW LIST)
Other Fantasy Releases by TSR       
WAR OF WIZARDS - Game of Dueling between two mighty Wizards, excerpted from EPT, usable in
D & D; Rules, Die-cut Counters and Board, in zip-lok                                                        $  7.50
DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS - Swords and Sorcery Wargaming with Paper and Pencil and Miniatures,
3 booklets, boxed                                                                                $10.00
GODS, DEMI-GODS & HEROES -- A supplement to the D&D system to integrate mythological
beings into standard play (Available August 1)                                                        $  5.00
DUNGEON! - The boardgame of fantastic Dungeon Adventuring for 1-12 plavers, boxed                        $10.95
EMPIRE OF THE PETAL THRONE - Fantasy Adventure in the World of Tekumel, 3 Full-
Color maps, boxed                                                                                $25.00
THE CHARACTER ARCHAIC - The ultimate in playing aids - can be used for D&D and/or EPT. Character
records, encounter records, non-player character records & more, all beautifully
illustrated. A Must for all D&D and EPT enthusiasts everywhere                                                $  3.00
STAR PROBE -- Complete boardgame of adventure, exploration and conflict in space:
for 1 to 8 or more players, this game system will be expanded by several additional booklets in the
near future  (booklet only $4.00)                                                                        $  6.00
STAR EMPIRES - The 2nd part of the STAR PROBE game system which allows play to
progress to the governing of interstellar empires and conducting fleet combat: game includes
the map from STAR PROBE (booklet only $4.00) (Available August 1)                                        $  6.00

THE DRAGON

The only professional magazine of Fantasy. Swords & Sorcery, and Science Fiction Gaming. Formerly the
STRATEGIC REVIEW, it features: full color covers, interior color, 32 pages minimum, articles on all forms and
formats of Fantasy, S & S and SF games and gaming, miniatures, boardgames and original fiction and artwork.
Published bi-monthly, available at better hobby shops and bookstores or from:

TSR Hobbies, Inc.
POB 756
Lake Geneva, WI 53147

Rates
Single Issue - $1.50
6 Issue Subscription in No. America - $9.00
(Incl. Hawaii, 1st Class)
Overseas (Air Mail) - $20.00

Dungeon Geomorphs and Metamorphosis Alpha not mentioned

No mention of Swords & Spells

- GH 4th (7/76) - this one not checked for addy
- BLK 2nd (7/76)
- ELD 2nd (n/d) - POB756 addy reformatted c/w ELD 1st
- GDH 1st ("7/76"(=8/76))
- S&S 1st ("7/76"(=?8/76))

I.

WAR OF WIZARDS - Game of Dueling between two mighty Wizards, excerpted from EPT, usable in
D & D; Rules, Die-cut Counters and Board, in zip-lok                                                        $  7.50
DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS - Swords and Sorcery Wargaming with Paper and Pencil and Miniatures,
3 booklets, boxed                                                                                $10.00
SWORDS & SPELLS - Miniatures rules for fantasy games for use with Dungeons &
Dragons                                                                                        $  5.00
GODS, DEMI-GODS & HEROES -- A supplement to the D&D system to integrate mythological
beings into standard play                                                                         $  5.00
DUNGEON GEOMORPHS - Playing aid for Dungeons & Dragons. Geomorphic sections
to be cut out and combined together in any combination. Dungeon construction made
easy!
Set One, Basic Dungeon                                                                        $  2.49
Set Two, Caves & Caverns                                                                        $  2.49
DUNGEON! - The boardgame of fantastic Dungeon Adventuring for 1-12 plavers, boxed                        $  9.95
EMPIRE OF THE PETAL THRONE - Fantasy Adventure in the World of Tekumel, 3 Full-
Color maps, boxed                                                                                $25.00
THE CHARACTER ARCHAIC - The ultimate in playing aids - can be used for D&D
and/or EPT. Character records, encounter records, non-player character records & more,
all beautifully illustrated. A Must for all D&D and EPT enthusiasts everywhere                                $  3.00
STAR PROBE -- Complete boardgame of adventure, exploration and conflict in space:
for 1 to 8 or more players, this game system will be expanded by several additional booklets in the
near future  (booklet only $4.00)                                                                        $  6.00
STAR EMPIRES - The 2nd part of the STAR PROBE game system which allows play to
progress to the governing of interstellar empires and conducting fleet combat: game includes
the map from STAR PROBE (booklet only $4.00)                                                         $  6.00
METAMORPHOSIS ALPHA - Game of science fiction adventures on a lost starship                                $  5.00
LANKHMAR -- Game of swords and sorcery warfare on the fantastic world of Newhon.
Based on the original game design by author Fritz Leiber, Boxed, for 2 to 4 players.                                $10.00
Multi-Sided Dice Sets - Each set contains one 20-, 12-, 8-, 6-, and 4-sided die                                        $  5.00
Percentile Dice - Two high-impact 20-sided die: red and white                                                $  2.50

THE DRAGON

The only professional magazine of Fantasy. Swords & Sorcery, and Science Fiction Gaming. Formerly the
STRATEGIC REVIEW, it features: full color covers, interior color, 32 pages minimum, articles on all forms and
formats of Fantasy, S & S and SF games and gaming, miniatures, boardgames and original fiction and artwork.
Published 8 times yearly, available at better hobby shops and bookstores or from:

TSR Hobbies, Inc.
POB 756
Lake Geneva, WI 53147

Rates
Single Issue - $1.50

Blackmoor deleted from list

- BLK 3rd (4/77)
- S&S 2nd (4/77)

J1

WAR OF WIZARDS - Game of fantastic duels between mighty magic-users. Now in a new boxed version including
game booklet, playing board, percentile dice and a set of 4 miniature figurines for use as playing pieces                $  9.95
DUNGEONS & DRAGONS Collectors Edition - The original games of swords and sorcery role-playing
with paper and pencil, in its original format. This is the game that started
it all! Three booklets, boxed                                                                        $10.00
SWORDS & SPELLS - Miniatures rules for fantasy games for use with Dungeons & Dragons                        $  5.00
GODS, DEMI-GODS & HEROES -- A supplement to the D&D system to integrate
mythological beings into standard play                                                                 $  5.00
DUNGEON GEOMORPHS - Playing aid for Dungeons & Dragons. Geomorphic sections to be
cut out and combined together in any combination. Dungeon construction made easy!
Set One, Basic Dungeon                                                                        $  2.49
Set Two, Caves & Caverns                                                                        $  2.49
Set Three, Lower Dungeon                                                                        $  2.49
DUNGEON! - The boardgame of fantastic Dungeon Adventuring for 1-12 plavers, boxed                        $  9.95
EMPIRE OF THE PETAL THRONE - Fantasy Adventure in the World of Tekumel,
2 Full-Color maps, boxed                                                                        $27.50
STAR EMPIRES - The Game of Galactic Conquest, and follow-up to STAR PROBE.
Plays separately or as an extension to STAR PROBE, if desired (booklet only $5.50)                                 $  7.50
METAMORPHOSIS ALPHA - Game of science fiction adventures on a lost starship                                $  5.00
LANKHMAR -- Game of swords and sorcery warfare on the fantastic world of Newhon.
Based on the original game design by author Fritz Leiber, Boxed, for 2 to 4 players.                                $10.00
Multi-Sided Dice Sets - Each set contains one 20-, 12-, 8-, 6-, and 4-sided die                                        $  1.49
Percentile Dice - Two high-impact 20-sided die: red and white                                                $    .89
On all mail orders, add $1.00 for postage and handling regardless of order size

THE DRAGON

The only professional magazine of Fantasy. Swords & Sorcery, and Science Fiction Gaming. Formerly the STRATEGIC
REVIEW, it features: full color covers, interior color, 32 pages minimum, articles on all forms and formats of Fantasy, S & S and
SF games and gaming, miniatures, boardgames and original fiction and artwork.  Published 8 time yearly, available at better
hobby shops and bookstores or from:

TSR Hobbies, Inc.
POB 756
Lake Geneva, WI 53147

Rates
Single Issue - $1.50

Complete Catalog - Games, Rules, Miniatures, Accessories                                                $  2.00

Blackmoor deleted from list
Character Archaic deleted from list
Notation removed from Complete Catalog

- White Box MM 6th (?/77-79)
- White Box MM 7th (?/77-79)

J2. (7/77)

K.

(as J. above, except

... Battle of the Five Armies present

- GH 6th (9/77)

L. (11/77)

M. (12/77)

N.

MONSTER MANUAL - Advanced DUNGEONS & DRAGONS - A fully illustrated encyclopedia of all the
monsters used in D&D. This major reference work features a full-color cover and is hard bound for extra
durability.                                                                                        $  9.95
DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS -- The new and complete DUNGEONS & DRAGONS game set, designed
especially for beginning players. Includes everything to start playing D&D: Basic Game booklet, polyhedra dice
set, Dungeon Geomorphs Set One (Levels One to Three) and Monster and Treasures Assortment Set One (Levels
One to Three). (Basic booklet only $5.00)                                                                $  9.95
DUNGEONS & DRAGONS Collectors Edition - The original games of swords and sorcery role-playing with
paper and pencil, in its original format. This is the game that started it all! Three booklets, boxed                        $10.00
DUNGEONS & DRAGONS Character Record Sheet Pad -- A useful playing aid for D&D to record the details
of a variety of game characters.                                                                        $  2.98
GODS, DEMI-GODS & HEROES -- A supplement to the D&D system to integrate mythological beings into
standard play                                                                                 $  5.00
SWORDS & SPELLS - Miniatures rules for fantasy games for use with Dungeons & Dragons                        $  5.00
DUNGEON GEOMORPHS - Playing aid for Dungeons & Dragons. Geomorphic sections to be cut out and
combined together in any combination. Dungeon construction made easy!
Set Three, Lower Dungeon                                                                        $  2.49
OUTDOOR GEOMORPHS - Playing aid for Dungeons & Dragons. Geomorphic sections to be cut out and
combined together in any combination.
Set One, Walled City                                                                                $  3.49
MONSTER & TREASURE ASSORTMENT -- Another series of playing aids for Dungeons & Dragons, to
Provide a listing of pregenerated monsters and treasure for three dungeon levels.
Set One, Dungeon Levels One to Three                                                                $  2.49
Set Two, Dungeon Levels Four to Six                                                                $  2.49
Set Three, Dungeon Levels Seven to Nine                                                                $  2.49
WARLOCKS & WARRIORS - The exciting game of adventure and pursuit, for 2 to 6 players of all ages!                $  6.95
EMPIRE OF THE PETAL THRONE - Fantasy Adventure in the World of Tekumel.
2 full-color maps, boxed                                                                        $27.50
WAR OF WIZARDS - Game of fantastic duels between mighty magic-users. Now in a new boxed version includ-
ing game booklet, playing board, percentile dice and a set of 4 miniature figurines for use as playing pieces                $  9.95
LANKHMAR -- Game of swords and sorcery warfare on the fantastic world of Newhon. Based on the original
game design by author Fritz Leiber, Boxed, for 2 to 4 players.                                                $10.00
STAR PROBE -- Complete boardgame of adventure, exploration and conflict in space: for 1 to 8 or more
players, this game system will be expanded by several additional booklets in the near future  (booklet only $4.00)        $  6.00
STAR EMPIRES - The Game of Galactic Conquest, and follow-up to STAR PROBE. Plays separately or as an
extension to STAR PROBE, if desired (booklet only $5.50)                                                 $  7.50
Multi-Sided Dice Sets - Each set contains one 20-, 12-, 8-, 6-, and 4-sided die                                        $  1.49
Percentile Dice - Two high-impact 20-sided die: red and white                                                $    .89

THE DRAGON

The only professional magazine of Fantasy. Swords & Sorcery, and Science Fiction Gaming. Formerly the STRATEGIC
REVIEW, it features: full color covers, interior color, 32 pages minimum, articles on all forms and formats of Fantasy, S & S and
SF games and gaming, miniatures, boardgames and original fiction and artwork.  Published 8 time yearly, available at better

TSR Hobbies, Inc.
POB 756
Lake Geneva, WI 53147

Rates
Single Issue - $1.50

Complete Catalog - Games, Rules, Miniatures, Accessories                                                $  2.00

- GDH 3rd (2/78 )
- GH 8th (2/78 )

O.

(as N. above, but Dragon published Monthly, not 8 times/year)

MONSTER MANUAL - Advanced DUNGEONS & DRAGONS - A fully illustrated encyclopedia of all the
monsters used in D&D. This major reference work features a full-color cover and is hard bound for extra
durability.                                                                                        $  9.95
DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS -- The new and complete DUNGEONS & DRAGONS game set, designed
especially for beginning players. Includes everything to start playing D&D: Basic Game booklet, polyhedra dice
set, Dungeon Geomorphs Set One (Levels One to Three) and Monster and Treasures Assortment Set One (Levels
One to Three). (Basic booklet only $5.00)                                                                $  9.95
DUNGEONS & DRAGONS Collectors Edition - The original games of swords and sorcery role-playing with
paper and pencil, in its original format. This is the game that started it all! Three booklets, boxed                        $10.00
DUNGEONS & DRAGONS Character Record Sheet Pad -- A useful playing aid for D&D to record the details
of a variety of game characters.                                                                        $  2.98
GODS, DEMI-GODS & HEROES -- A supplement to the D&D system to integrate mythological beings into
standard play                                                                                 $  5.00
DUNGEON GEOMORPHS - Playing aid for Dungeons & Dragons. Geomorphic sections to be cut out and
OUTDOOR GEOMORPHS - Playing aid for Dungeons & Dragons. Geomorphic sections to be cut out and
Set One, Walled City                                                                                $  3.49
MONSTER & TREASURE ASSORTMENT -- Another series of playing aids for Dungeons & Dragons, to
Provide a listing of pregenerated monsters and treasure for three dungeon levels.
Set One, Dungeon Levels One to Three                                                                $  2.49
Set Two, Dungeon Levels Four to Six                                                                $  2.49
Set Three, Dungeon Levels Seven to Nine                                                                $  2.49
WARLOCKS & WARRIORS - The exciting game of adventure and pursuit, for 2 to 6 players of all ages!                $  6.95
2 full-color maps, boxed                                                                        $27.50
WAR OF WIZARDS - Game of fantastic duels between mighty magic-users. Now in a new boxed version includ-
ing game booklet, playing board, percentile dice and a set of 4 miniature figurines for use as playing pieces                $  9.95
LANKHMAR -- Game of swords and sorcery warfare on the fantastic world of Newhon. Based on the original
game design by author Fritz Leiber, Boxed, for 2 to 4 players.                                                $10.00
STAR PROBE -- Complete boardgame of adventure, exploration and conflict in space: for 1 to 8 or more
players, this game system will be expanded by several additional booklets in the near future  (booklet only $4.00)        $  6.00
STAR EMPIRES - The Game of Galactic Conquest, and follow-up to STAR PROBE. Plays separately or as an
extension to STAR PROBE, if desired (booklet only $5.50)                                                 $  7.50

THE DRAGON

SF games and gaming, miniatures, boardgames and original fiction and artwork.  Published monthly, available at better hobby
shops and bookstores or from:

TSR Hobbies, Inc.
POB 756
Lake Geneva, WI 53147

Rates
Single Issue - $1.50

- ELD 5th (3/78 )
- GDH 4th (5/78)

P/Q. (7/78 )

R.

3 full-color maps, boxed                                                                        $27.50

THE DRAGON

SF games and gaming, miniatures, boardgames and original fiction and artwork.  Published monthly, available at better hobby
shops and bookstores or from:

TSR Hobbies, Inc.
POB 756
Lake Geneva, WI 53147

Rates
Single Issue - $1.50

- SS 4th (8/78)
- CM 6th (8/78 )

S.

THE DRAGON

SF games and gaming, miniatures, boardgames and original fiction and artwork.  Published 8 times yearly, available at better

TSR Hobbies, Inc.
POB 110
Lake Geneva, WI 53147

Rates
Single Issue - $2.00
13 Issue Subscription in U.S. & No. America - $24.00
Overseas - $40.00

(as N. above, except

POB 110 addy

Dragon $2.00 back to published 8 times/year (again); 13 issues for $24.00

- GDH 6th (11/78)
- S&S 5th (3/79)
- GDH 7th (4/79)
- ELD 8th (4/79 )
- GH 11th (4/79 )

(No T or U now, since it matches S)

V1.

durability.
One to Three).
paper and pencil, in its original format. This is the game that started it all! Three booklets, boxed
of a variety of game characters.
GREYHAWK - Supplement I to D&D
BLACKMOOR - Supplement II to D&D
ELDRITCH WIZARDRY- Supplement III to D&D
standard play
SWORDS & SPELLS - Miniatures rules for fantasy games for use with Dungeons & Dragons
CHAINMAIL - Rules for Medieval Miniatures (plus Fantasy)
Set One, Basic Dungeon
Set Two, Caves & Caverns
Set Three, Lower Dungeon
Set One, Walled City
Set One, Dungeon Levels One to Three
Set Two, Dungeon Levels Four to Six
Set Three, Dungeon Levels Seven to Nine
DUNGEON! - The boardgame of fantastic Dungeon Adventuring for 1-12 plavers, boxed
WARLOCKS & WARRIORS - The exciting game of adventure and pursuit, for 2 to 6 players of all ages!
2 full-color maps, boxed
ing game booklet, playing board, percentile dice and a set of 4 miniature figurines for use as playing pieces
game design by author Fritz Leiber, Boxed, for 2 to 4 players.
players, this game system will be expanded by several additional booklets in the near future  (booklet only $4.00)
extension to STAR PROBE, if desired
METAMORPHOSIS ALPHA - Game of science fiction adventures on a lost starship
Multi-Sided Dice Sets - Each set contains one 20-, 12-, 8-, 6-, and 4-sided die
Percentile Dice - Two high-impact 20-sided die: red and white

THE DRAGON

SF games and gaming, miniatures, boardgames and original fiction and artwork.  Published 8 times yearly, available at better

TSR Hobbies, Inc.
POB 110
Lake Geneva, WI 53147

Rates
Single Issue - $2.00
13 Issue Subscription in U.S. & No. America - $24.00
Overseas - $40.00

- BLK 9th (11/79)
- ELD 9th (11/79)
- GDH "8th" (11/79)

V2.

(As V1. above, except Complete Catalog now unpriced, too)

- GH 12th (11/79)

=======

The following supplement printings not yet checked:

GH non-T1st (will pay $75 for VF copy *g*)
GH Lizard 2nd (will pay $45 for VF copy *g*, again)
GH 5th (4/77)
GDH 2nd (4/77)
ELD 3rd (7/77)
GH 7th (11/77)
ELD 4th (11/77)
BLK 4th (12/77)
BLK 5th (3/78 )
S&S 3rd (3/78 )
GH 9th (5/78 )
ELD 6th (7/78 )
BLK 6th (8/78 )
GDH 5th (can't find the thread re. printing date : )
GH 10th (11/78 )
BLK 7th (11/78 )
ELD 7th (11/78 )
BLK 8th (4/79)
S&S 6th (11/79)

=======

Comparing groupings of supplements present in 4th(-) and 5th print boxes (not just "one-offs") and stock lists;

4th print OD&D = November 1975 (sounds fair enough still) - ~mid 1976 (aside: stock list header retains GH T1st format)

5th print OD&D = ~mid 1976 - still on sale 1977 (currently listed as Dec 1975 - April 1976) (stock list is closest to ELD 1st, also)

[ 3rd print OD&D still on sale late 1975, as might be expected (multi-sided dice set price corrected to $3.00 in at least one copy) ]

From presence of the OCE set in supplement stock lists and price column evidence, above;

OCE with stock list price column = ?late 1977 (cross-check with Dragon and possibly pin down further, from missing supplement printing data above?) - ?mid 1979

OCE without price column = ?mid 1979 - ??? (last few on sale in 1985)

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:07 pm 

I have:
BLK 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 9th
GH 3rd, 8th, 11th
ELD 1st, 8th, 9th
GDH 1st, 4th, 6th, 7th
Chainmail 6th
SS 4th
White Box Sets 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th
Bio One

As stated Bio One and White Box 4th not added to list..

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Previous