Cougarinard
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 12:47 pm 

harami2000 wrote:Those would be the ones you just said you'd destroyed? :D

(Not quite as well as GW destroyed the 'zine, evidently...).

I used the same sub-contractor as GW. I understand they work for the Government destroying IRA weapons too. :D

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 12:40 pm 

Look its another installment of: "When Ass Holes Collide!!!":

eBay Feedback Profile for cougarrinard

Looks like good ole Cougie did a chargeback on Tonya's Games. It seems to happen a lot to Coug on shipments from the US, where he claims that he doesnt receive the items. Those of you who defend Cougar have to admit that this *seems* to happen quite a but. You would think that if Coug had such problems receiveing itmes form the US, that he would start to consider using something other than M-bag, although it seems that he is the only one who has that problem. :roll: Tonya does a lot of things that I do not like, however she does work for a *large company* who is not in the business of not sending out peoples items. :roll: Lets face facts, Cougar is a god damn thief no matter how you try to paint it. WHether he is stealing from sellers or stealing from the Postal Service he is a thief.

Additionally, look how long Cougar tried to wait before leaving negative feedback, almost 6 months. :evil:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 3:15 pm 

To be honest, if Cougar had something I wanted, I wouldn't think twice about buying from him. He isn't a collector, he's a dealer just like Tonya. And I think his business practices are a lot less shady that Tonya and her Daddy's. Tony's Ass Wipe Shop and Tight Ass Games are a different matter. I'd only ever buy from them with a credit card, and I'd have to want what they were selling real bad.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 3:31 pm 

I agree with mbassoc2003.

I've purchased quite a few things from Cougie on ebay & never had problems with him (I tend to "bulk buy" from him, say 5-10 items at low prices about once every 2 months). And he's a pretty certain supplier of common items at low prices for the UK market (auctions starting at 99p).

I think I've said it before, but in the UK we are more limited as to whom we purchase items from.

Mount Celestia doesn't want me and Baator's afraid I'll take over.

Ninty-eight Blue and Green Slaad at the door, Ninty-eight Blue and Green Slaad, Take one down, they gate in two more, Ninty-nine Blue and Green Slaad at the door...

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 3:51 pm 

I have got to disagree with Cougar being the *more* repuatble seller. I understand that you UK folks are more limited in your buying market and so far Cougar at least at this point does not have a history of not shipping purchased items. Lets do a comparison and add up the negatives for each:

Toyna's & Tight Ass Games: Extremely and in most circumstances ridiculously high shipping, leaves retaliatory negative feedback even if its well earned, and overgrades items.

Cougar: Shipping is high(this of course is from what I have heard from others, but since he never lists actual shipping in his auctions there is nothing to gauge it with, so I could be wrong), leaves retaliatory negative feedback even when its well earned, hastles buyers for feedback after they have purchased from him, overgrades items, history of shipments *not showing up & chargebacks* more so than anyone in the history of eBay, illegally reuses postal stamps that he purchases in bulk on EBay, runs illegal behind the scenes auctions for photocopied rares.

To me as bad as Tonya & Tight Ass games is, they can't even hold a candle to Cougar. Then again, this is simply my opinion, and we all know about those.......

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 3:55 pm 

Winterwords wrote:
I think I've said it before, but in the UK we are more limited as to whom we purchase items from.

can always get em from me :D

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 3:56 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
To me as bad as Tonya & Tight Ass games is, they can't even hold a candle to Cougar. Then again, this is simply my opinion, and we all know about those.......

yeah keep em to yourself and go pack my parcel :D

that'll keep you out of mischief :D

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 3:58 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:
bclarkie wrote:

yeah keep em to yourself and go pack my parcel :D

that'll keep you out of mischief :D

Al

Already on its way, probably receive it in a day or 2. :wink: Have fun trying to get it open, I packed it pretty tight. 8O

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 4:01 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
Already on its way, probably receive it in a day or 2. :wink: Have fun trying to get it open, I packed it pretty tight. 8O

good lad thats what i like to see!

just got in from a 10 mile run so gonna go lie down somewhere now - am absolutely cabbaged - too tired to think of anything useful to say :)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 4:02 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:
Winterwords wrote:

can always get em from me :D

Prolly will after the 28th (pay day!). I'm trying to resist going on any kind of website that sells D&D stuff until that date :D

Did you do the Great North run then?

Mount Celestia doesn't want me and Baator's afraid I'll take over.

Ninty-eight Blue and Green Slaad at the door, Ninty-eight Blue and Green Slaad, Take one down, they gate in two more, Ninty-nine Blue and Green Slaad at the door...

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 4:29 pm 

As bad as Tonya/Titan are, I've never seen anything that amounts to someone calling them an outright thief. I've seen that, justifiably so, aimed at Coug many times. My own experience with Tonya/Coug has led me to avoid them both, but I'd do business with Tonya without worry of getting ripped off, if I was willing to pay her ridiculous shipping costs. I'd never sell anything to Coug, and I'll never buy from him again.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 2:51 am 

Have bought one item from Tonya and two from Titan.  All three delivered quickly and accurately.  

Aside from what seems to me to be an obsession about shipping charges, I have no grounds to complain about either dealer.

I am only surprised that there was no delivery record to prove that the items were delivered to Cougarinard.   :?

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 7:03 am 

MShipley88 wrote:

I am only surprised that there was no delivery record to prove that the items were delivered to Cougarinard.  :?

No way to prove international deliveries from the US.  (at least no "reasonable" way - perhaps with some VERY expensive shipping options.)

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:36 am 

beyondthebreach wrote:No way to prove international deliveries from the US. (at least no "reasonable" way - perhaps with some VERY expensive shipping options.)

It's the same way going from the UK to the US. If you want to prove that something arrives you have to charge the buyer for it. That's life. I don't record a lot of deliveries to Acaeum members 'cos I trust all you guys.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 1:17 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Look its another installment of: "When Ass Holes Collide!!!":

eBay Feedback Profile for cougarrinard

Looks like good ole Cougie did a chargeback on Tonya's Games. It seems to happen a lot to Coug on shipments from the US, where he claims that he doesnt receive the items. Those of you who defend Cougar have to admit that this *seems* to happen quite a but. You would think that if Coug had such problems receiveing itmes form the US, that he would start to consider using something other than M-bag, although it seems that he is the only one who has that problem. :roll: Tonya does a lot of things that I do not like, however she does work for a *large company* who is not in the business of not sending out peoples items. :roll: Lets face facts, Cougar is a god damn thief no matter how you try to paint it. WHether he is stealing from sellers or stealing from the Postal Service he is a thief.

Additionally, look how long Cougar tried to wait before leaving negative feedback, almost 6 months. :evil:

Feedback has been mutually withdrawn at this time, but pretty funny while it was still up...I suspect the comments themselves will disappear soon so check it out while you still can.

Dealing with either, wow, that's like saying should I cut off my foot or my hand, both have disadvantages.   There are a lot of good honest dealers out there, avoid them both.

Mike B.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 1:18 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote: Tony's Ass Wipe Shop and Tight Ass Games are a different matter. .

I swear to you I laugh everytime I see you use those names.  You must do it just to make me giggle.  Deep down all of us are just eight year old kids I guess.  :twisted: Keep up the good work....

Mike B.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 5:34 pm 

beyondthebreach wrote:
MShipley88 wrote:

I am only surprised that there was no delivery record to prove that the items were delivered to Cougarinard. :?

No way to prove international deliveries from the US. (at least no "reasonable" way - perhaps with some VERY expensive shipping options.)

Ditto in Canada. Heck, I can't get reasonable delivery costs with tracking even to the US! :(   The cheapest trackable delivery is Expedited USA, which starts at about $15.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 5:59 pm 

I don't have a problem with Cougie's shipping charges. When I've asked him to ship recorded or Special Delivery (insured and trackable) its been don and there's only a margin in it for expences. Tonya charges a shed load, and your items arrive and you see she's paid $5 for shipping and charged you $15 for sitting on her arse. She may sell stuff cheap, but she really screws international buyers with her shipping profits.

If once in a while someone screws her back, that's pretty cool. Like with MaxiPad, this is one big dealer getting one over on another big dealer. In both cases none of it affects the regular collector on eBay, and I don't think there's anyone's too sad about seeing Tonya or Maxwell a little out of pocket.

PreviousNext