Cougarinard
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 4:28 am 

Maximillion! Your back! And I thought you were dead. :oops: Are you still cleaning the toilets at WoTC? Smoking dope on the night shift? .... Cougar 1 - Maxwell 0 .... Go, Cougar. Go, Cougar ....  :D

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 4:29 am 

MShipley88 wrote:Porch?

Watch out! It's Creep1962 in a vampire suit!  8O

just to further what trav said earlier about maxi. a good biz mate of mine bought a shitload of stuff off maxi too for a none-too-small sum ie £600+ when the stuff got her it was totally mullered, due to the totally shit packing. stuff like a planescape hellbound box set in shrink was utterly crushed to a pulp and ruined, as well as every other box set in the package - ruined totally. only a few items in the lot actually survived enough undamaged. maybe the were protected enough by the rest!

my mate was almost on the point of going over there on the next flight, but in the end he took other steps from what i can remember.

that lad will get his come-uppance someday i dont doubt it for one second!

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 8:51 am 

Ok guys, I know you can't resist a bit o' fun, but please stop encouraging the guy.  He just wants attention, and you're giving him what he wants.  

He was banned from the site, as far as I'm concerned he's not "back", until Foulfoot says he's back.  Just ignore him and let's move on.  8)

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 11:08 am 

harami2000 wrote:
Traveller wrote:But since he's around expecting sympathy...

Pitiful little chance of that, I'd guess, judging by the history.

However, as a further possible warning re. DM Dave a.k.a. Coug, was worth listening to.

If he is going to make a habit of this, like he did with his systematic defrauding of the postal services, it's going to be a pain when sellers become ever more reluctant to send items outwith the U.S. without registered delivery. (For now, however, I suspect he's saving tricks like that and his puerile negative feedbacks mostly for those who snub his ego in some manner).

Unfortuantely David is 100% right, as its entirely possible Coug did receive it and just charged it back. As far as sympathy goes though, I am pretty sure that he will be getting any from anyone here though either. You know I believe that just about everyone deserves a second chance if they screw up.  I mean I can deal with all the goofy ass shit that was said about F-this and F-that and all you guys are a$$ holes, and truthfully it really was not right at all that you reneged on sending the R1 to Trav, but hey that is a lot to just give away to someone for nothing.  Also, your shipping does suck(both cost and method of packaging) and even the shilling of your own auctions( most of which you won with your tommy9896 EBay ID :?) though clearly bad, is not something that you couldn't admit that you were wrong to do, agree to never do it again and just move on.  But seriously, Bruce, above and beyond that, there are 2 things that were done back months ago, that to me are almost unforgivable. Fact of the matter is first off, you stole(or at least tried to, I am not sure which as I dont know the whole story) from at least one member here. So, if in fact you did ship all that stuff to Coug and he stole it from you, why should we feel bad for you here, when you did the same thing to one of the members here? The other thing that you did and by far the worst, you told DL36 that you were going to rape and murder his kids. Why?! I understand that it seemed like everyone was against you giving you shit, and that you maybe you were going through a rough time at home back then, but why would you say that??? I realize that you were looking for an out at that point, but why would you say something like that? You could have just asked Foul to boot you and been done with it. You never even bothered to try and appologize for doing it. That to me is the worst part and the part that makes me wonder if you would ever deserve a second chance.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 1:59 pm 

Geez.  Maybe Maxwell isn't that entertaining after all.    8O  

Dude, maybe you should just go away.  Sorry I ever got involved.   :(

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 7:39 pm 

Xaxaxe wrote:
Traveller wrote:G.T.H.O.M.P.

Trav, help me out ... I'm guessing here.

"get the hell off my ... " ??

Planet.  Winterwords guessed it.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 7:54 am 

MShipley88 wrote:Geez. Maybe Maxwell isn't that entertaining after all.  8O  

Dude, maybe you should just go away. Sorry I ever got involved.  :(

I only visit some times.  I finally understand why everyone hates Cougar (it appears that some are saying that if you don't verify delivery, he claims he never got it, but the stuff shows up under his name being sold later ... ) and I got the whole Maxi story without having to look for it.

Too bad, all in all, but the thread summarized a great deal of history.

Regards,

Stephen

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 2:03 pm 

hehe, don't know whether to laugh or cry.  It's obviously maxie.  I thought he'd be in prison by now...wait, I guess you CAN get internet access from inside the slammer.

The cougar/maxie confrontation reminds me of one of the old Matt Groening cartoons from the "Life is Hell" series.  I think he had a multi-panel cartoon in around the mid-80s listing evidence "for" and "against" the existence of god.  This one would definitely fall under the "for" category.  :lol:

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 2:36 pm 

*Looks to the above post*  :lol:  :lol:

"Its either a wand to cast Bigby's Hand spells or a +3 backscratcher. We're not sure which."

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 3:15 pm 

Welcome to eBay

Amazing what can happen to a previously big selling item in the trusty hands of a titanium rated seller.
Either Ian got out at the right moment or is this just evidence of more people with sense avoiding Cougar.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 3:36 pm 

That's 3 sold in a week. Looks pretty good to me.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 2:49 am 

I got out because eBay bumped my auction and Games Workshop threatened to sue me for fencing stollen property. I expect GW will be keeping a keen eye on eBay and you won't see many of those popping up in the future.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 2:02 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:I got out because eBay bumped my auction and Games Workshop threatened to sue me for fencing stollen property. I expect GW will be keeping a keen eye on eBay and you won't see many of those popping up in the future.

Umm  were they stolen?

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 4:01 am 

Blackmoor wrote:
mbassoc2003 wrote:I got out because eBay bumped my auction and Games Workshop threatened to sue me for fencing stollen property. I expect GW will be keeping a keen eye on eBay and you won't see many of those popping up in the future.

Umm were they stolen?

Stolen is a bit strong :wink: .  From what I understand some escaped the recall which GW had to make due to copyright issues.  But I don't think the product made it as far as the shops.  Presumably, some slipped through the net at the manuafacturer and/or distributor.

So that's probably a "Yes"!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 5:20 am 

The story I have is that they escaped a recall, and Games Workshop have not confirmed that the product is stolen, just that they may be and I could face prosecution for possession. :(   They may have come from a supplier, or whoever was assigned the task of destroying the product. So they may well have been stolen originally.

This is all conjecture. Nothing has been confirmed by Games Workshop. Only that it is not an authorised release, and that they own copyright. I have said that as a precautionary measure I have destroyed the product. They haven't e-mailed me back.

Either way, there aren't going to be many of these about.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 6:56 am 

What suprises me in the first place was that GW ever backed this product.  I think its great, but there must be better issues that could have been scanned.  Some pages have clear markings on them etc...

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:50 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:The story I have is that they escaped a recall, and Games Workshop have not confirmed that the product is stolen, just that they may be and I could face prosecution for possession. :(  They may have come from a supplier, or whoever was assigned the task of destroying the product. So they may well have been stolen originally.

This is all conjecture. Nothing has been confirmed by Games Workshop. Only that it is not an authorised release, and that they own copyright. I have said that as a precautionary measure I have destroyed the product. They haven't e-mailed me back.

Either way, there aren't going to be many of these about.

Hang in there.  I doubt GW will follow up on this, it sounds like a typical big company scare tactic, it costs nothing for them to send a threatening letter or email, when it comes to actually having to file charges or write reports or make statements etc, this costs time and money.  They accomplished their purpose, which was to get you not to sell the items.  In the bad old days TSR used the same tactics against anyone with D&D content on their website to cease and desist, I don't think a single case ever actually went anywhere.  

I don't know the laws over there but here in the US they have to prove you actually knew it was stolen property before anything can happen to you in that regards.  First, GW is going to have to prove better than the item "may be" stolen (police report filed?).  Then, they would have to prove you knowingly purchased a stolen item.  Sounds vague.

Mike B.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 11:30 am 

I think that you should make several copies and distribute them to Acaeum members at cost. That would be the best way to get revenge.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

PreviousNext