Lost Caverns of Tsojconth Auction.
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 5:16 pm 

Rather than clogging up the Interesting Items on EBay thread any further woth discussion on this, lets use this thread to further discuss the auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3AIT&rd=1

killjoy32 wrote:
bclarkie wrote:

Hehe, nope no shilling at all. I am just searching around to trying to find Al's high bid *<checks Al's previous bidding history>*. :wink: It always helps if you are planning a snipe where the high bidder is. :twisted:

heheheh well youre not even close chummer - if you want it youre really gonna have to stick your neck out on this one :)

go ooooooooooon you know you wanna :D

Al

Based on the good possibility that there may be others, maybe I will just wait for the 2nd chance offers to coming rolling out. :wink: Or then again maybe not. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 5:19 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
Based on the good possibility that there may be others, maybe I will just wait for the 2nd chance offers to coming rolling out. :wink: Or then again maybe not. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

well indeed you never know really do you? could be the ideal opportunity really to offload a batch of them and make a ton of dosh in one go. you'd be stupid not to imo, but hey, each to their own n stuff.

i've no doubt my bid will be bettered anyway, but i will quietly hope it will hang in there and its another item chalked off my list :)

Al

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 5:21 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:I've no doubt my bid will be bettered anyway, but i will quietly hope it will hang in there and its another item chalked off my list :)

He's got a little list...

*rofl*

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 5:25 pm 

harami2000 wrote:
killjoy32 wrote:I've no doubt my bid will be bettered anyway, but i will quietly hope it will hang in there and its another item chalked off my list :)

*rofl*

well being really busy n stuff, i have a little list of like 12-13 items i would REALLY like, but in reality, probably next to impossible. you gotta have something to strive for imo :)

makes collecting more fun - i like the challenge of actually getting it :)

Al

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 5:28 pm 

(maybe I should've used "quotation marks" :P)

Good luck to ya, Al! :)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 5:29 pm 

harami2000 wrote:

*rofl*

Hehehe, I have a list too. :wink:   Unfortunately my list is anything but little. :(

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 7:21 pm 

hmmm, now that looks interesting.  Guess I'll have to come out of the cave again.  This time swinging a bit higher, perhaps.  Enjoy it while you can, Al.   :twisted:

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 7:35 pm 

afoolandhis$ wrote:hmmm, now that looks interesting. Guess I'll have to come out of the cave again. This time swinging a bit higher, perhaps. Enjoy it while you can, Al.  :twisted:

lol awww feck :)

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 7:41 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
harami2000 wrote:

*rofl*

Hehehe, I have a list too. :wink:  Unfortunately my list is anything but little. :(

It wouldn't happen to look like this, would it?  :)

http://www.acaeum.com/DDIndexes/Rares.html

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:08 pm 

afoolandhis$ wrote:hmmm, now that looks interesting. Guess I'll have to come out of the cave again. This time swinging a bit higher, perhaps. Enjoy it while you can, Al. :twisted:

That is not going to be good for business. :( I imagine after disapointments of the recent 1st/2nd print woody auction, and the RJK auctions, that snipe will be coming in mighty high huh Stephen. :wink:

deimos3428 wrote:
bclarkie wrote:
Hehehe, I have a list too. :wink: Unfortunately my list is anything but little. :(

It wouldn't happen to look like this, would it? :)

http://www.acaeum.com/DDIndexes/Rares.html

:lol:

I actually have quite a few of those things listed on there, but the certianly comprise about 50% of what is left on my list. :wink:

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 9:14 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
afoolandhis$ wrote:hmmm, now that looks interesting. Guess I'll have to come out of the cave again. This time swinging a bit higher, perhaps. Enjoy it while you can, Al. :twisted:

That is not going to be good for business. :( I imagine after disapointments of the recent 1st/2nd print woody auction, and the RJK auctions, that snipe will be coming in mighty high huh Stephen. :wink:

Oh, yeah, so everyone might as well give up now! :twisted:  Well, maybe.  We'll see, though my belly is definitely empty at the moment. :cry:

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 2:04 am 

afoolandhis$ wrote:hmmm, now that looks interesting. Guess I'll have to come out of the cave again. This time swinging a bit higher, perhaps. Enjoy it while you can, Al.  :twisted:

Still got spare $ left from the RJK auctions and that latest woodgrain?

(Sometimes I guess it's possible to bid too much and still not win! :?)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 10:54 am 

I really hope Stephen wins it. He has been looking for one for some time.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 11:56 am 

Deadlord36 wrote:I really hope Stephen wins it. He has been looking for one for some time.

oh thanks frank....and i havent??!!

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 3:02 pm 

harami2000 wrote: (Sometimes I guess it's possible to bid too much and still not win! :?)

rapidly becoming the story of my life...

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 3:25 pm 

I thought you had one, Killjoy?

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 3:55 pm 

Deadlord36 wrote:I thought you had one, Killjoy?

i have one of them? ohhhh i wish :) hehe

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 7:19 am 

oh well my highest bid has been beaten now :)

good luck to improv :)

wish i could afford more really....would have really liked that. maybe next time :)

mind you i could just go to next years gen con and get two :D

Al

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 8:44 am 

killjoy32 wrote:oh well my highest bid has been beaten now :)

good luck to improv :)

wish i could afford more really....would have really liked that. maybe next time :)

mind you i could just go to next years gen con and get two :D

Al

Improv seems to have very deep pockets. * Remembers $7K+ on the Kuntz auctions. *

It seems that 'what Mike wants, Mike gets...' and that goes for IO too. Maybe IO and Improv are the same person? One rich dude with a house in the States and another in Oz? :D

This week I've been mostly eating . . . minestrone soup.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 10:06 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:Improv seems to have very deep pockets. * Remembers $7K+ on the Kuntz auctions. *

You speak too soon ... anyone know who Firen is?  Please note these copies are as minty as you going to find them.  Howard has kept these nicely stored away for many years.  

Relatively speaking our *rares* are cheap. Just saw an aboriginal painting (Lundari by Rover Thomas) on the news valued for over 1 million dollars.  Not bad for a peice of canvas painted 20 years ago in the middle of a desert.  :roll:

mbassoc2003 wrote:It seems that 'what Mike wants, Mike gets...' and that goes for IO too. Maybe IO and Improv are the same person? One rich dude with a house in the States and another in Oz? :D

If only this was true ... sadly the truth is far different.  Hmm.. IO and Improv the same ... lets see:

1. We both are obsessed by gaming

2. We both collect rares

2. We both have the same name

3. We live in separate countries on the opposite side of the world

Yep, I think the evidence is overwelming we must be the same person.  :wink:

Next