Interesting Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 38 of 111123 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 109110111
Author

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 1:08 pm 

KingOfPain wrote:
Blackmoor wrote:

Notice that there are two versions of temple, one with a gold logo and one with TSR logo. Looks suspicious to me :?

You have a very good eye. The picture of older print looks like crap. The 6th print picture shows it in shrinkwrap. I would stay away from it for sure.

I noticed it because I need the Gold logo version (6th print) to help complete my need set of printings.  I would consider bidding on this lot just to obtain that book, looks like I will pass though unless he does indeed confirm it is a six print.  The close up pic looks just like crap :!:

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 7:12 pm 

D&D Maps: Role Playing Games | eBay

Two shrinkwrapped Trail Maps (Eastern Countries and Western Countries).  Zero feedback seller unfortunately.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 5:40 am 

Update on the "1975 D and D books, AD&D and figurines, etc." auction:

I love this question  :wink:

Q: Just out of curiousity, what do you suppose is pushing this auction so high? I know the softback books can be worth up to $50 each or so, but what else? The Pharoah module? Please let me know, I'm really curious. Thanks.

07-Oct-05

A: I'm sorry, I wish I could tell you, but i have no clue. i'm not a collector, I'm just cleaning my closets...

I often ask myself the same question .. why is that cheaply printed items are selling for soo much money ....  :lol:

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 6:14 am 

improvstone wrote:Update on the "1975 D and D books, AD&D and figurines, etc." auction:

I love this question :wink:

Q: Just out of curiousity, what do you suppose is pushing this auction so high? I know the softback books can be worth up to $50 each or so, but what else? The Pharoah module? Please let me know, I'm really curious. Thanks.

07-Oct-05

A: I'm sorry, I wish I could tell you, but i have no clue. i'm not a collector, I'm just cleaning my closets...

i was actually going to lob a bid in just about now, but after reading all the questions and going through the thread here, it has totally put me off. i have no good vibes about the seller at all, so things i will just give it a miss and await the next pharaoh to raise its head :)

Al

I often ask myself the same question .. why is that cheaply printed items are selling for soo much money .... :lol:

Are we nearly there yet?

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 6:23 am 

What specifically ??? Apart from the 0 seller status

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 7:00 am 

Interesting result:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8701272800

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 8:19 am 

i agree. for that much $$$ i dearly hope that the buyer is happy with it. i have my doubts but hey there ya go :D

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 9:25 am 

killjoy32 wrote:

i agree. for that much $$$ i dearly hope that the buyer is happy with it. i have my doubts but hey there ya go :D

Hell, that was for 84 items. 8O  The key now is to see if you can sell off those 70+ minis at $18.17 apiece to get most of your money back. :wink:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 9:32 am 

Actually, I had extensive correspondence with the seller, and am quite confident it will work out.  I'm not at all surprised at the winning bid.  Congrats to the buyer on that one.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 3:00 pm 

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3AIT&rd=1

4th print PHB if anyone's interested. It didn't sell last time around.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 11:49 pm 

Lower printing of Greyhawk in fairly good shape:

2nd Print: Comics | eBay

Tractics Unboxed:

Slide Rule RARE | eBay

Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 1:46 am 

Dark & Hidden Ways with cover, 1+ days left, $67+:
Ad&d Modules Lot | eBay

Partially-punched Dragon Dice from 1981 (only part of backing card though), $10 BIN:
Dragon Dice TSR | eBay

DAS Modelling Clay set @ 99 cents (seller has another one too):
Dungeons and Dragons TSR | eBay

UK set of 12 EQ books, appears to be a collected box set or to have some sort of display backing with it:
Dungeons and Dragons Game | eBay

Set of 4 color transfer stickers (seller also has other interesting goodies:  puzzles, cartoon stuff, etc.):
Dungeons and Dragons TSR | eBay

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 2:02 am 

grodog wrote:Dark & Hidden Ways with cover, 1+ days left, $67+:
AD D Mixed Lot of Books Box Sets and Modules | eBay

Oh well...cats out of the bag on this one...hoping it might fly under the radar a little longer...was under $30 until today :wink:

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:49 am 

Marlith wrote:Lower printing of Greyhawk in fairly good shape:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8706306314

Sounds fairly clean internally, but is worn and rubbed, etc., given the seller's "fair to good" assessment. (Compare with "Fair to good, with heavy wear on the box, moderate to heavy wear on the booklets" on http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8706319213 )

Reserve is $30+. ;)

Still no sign of any non-T1st or Lizard 2nd GH... *jk* :P

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 5:41 am 

seeyouinescrow wrote:
grodog wrote:Dark & Hidden Ways with cover, 1+ days left, $67+:
Ad&d Modules Lot | eBay

Oh well...cats out of the bag on this one...hoping it might fly under the radar a little longer...was under $30 until today :wink:

It sure seems to me as if this has been opened.  There is a Dungeoneers Survival Guide on its own and when you look at the pic, the thickness seems to be equivalent to a module.  Just an FYI in case it wasn't noticed (don't know if anyone has asked this question yet).

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 8:09 am 

harami2000 wrote:
Marlith wrote:Lower printing of Greyhawk in fairly good shape:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8706306314

Sounds fairly clean internally, but is worn and rubbed, etc., given the seller's "fair to good" assessment. (Compare with "Fair to good, with heavy wear on the box, moderate to heavy wear on the booklets" on http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8706319213 )

Reserve is $30+. ;)

Still no sign of any non-T1st or Lizard 2nd GH... *jk* :P

Reserve met @ $40.  Feel free to clobber my bid, I'm not going any higher. (Or I'll be happy to take it for $40 :))

YIM  

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 2:10 pm 

Blackmoor wrote:
KingOfPain wrote:
You have a very good eye. The picture of older print looks like crap. The 6th print picture shows it in shrinkwrap. I would stay away from it for sure.

I noticed it because I need the Gold logo version (6th print) to help complete my need set of printings. I would consider bidding on this lot just to obtain that book, looks like I will pass though unless he does indeed confirm it is a six print. The close up pic looks just like crap :!:

The Seller has confirmed that there is only one TOEE for sale in this lot, and it's not the 6th print  :( ...it's the beat up one. Says they "made a mistake" :roll:

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:34 pm 

Number of items listed here to limit posts. Some not TSR sorry:

From the Ashes:

Ad&d Box Set | eBay

2nd Edition Core Rules:

Dungeons and Dragons Rules | eBay

HeroQuest w/ 2 Expansion:

Heroquest Kellars Keep Return of the Witch Lord | eBay

Star Wars Lot..with Ships of the Galaxy and Dark Side Sourcebook:

Star Wars RPG Books | eBay

Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 38 of 111123 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 109110111