Interesting Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 37 of 111123 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 ... 109110111
Author

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:48 am 

Update on the "1975 D and D books, AD&D and figurines, etc." auction:

Hello,

sorry for the tardy reply. The Char. Archaic has a bend in the front cover (where it was opened against the brads), some spots where the cover bled against the front (blank) page, four of the character records have been used (which i was planning to remove, unless you'd like them). there are 19 unused character records, The Wizard's Tomb map, Combat matrix reference page, Character Roll call page, which is partially filled out, and a creature Encounters page. Pharaoh has a few smudges on the cover, the tape binding is coming loose at the top and bottom (looks like a bit of rubber cement will take care of that), the back cover has a slight bend along it's length, and there are some 'rust' spots on the page edges. please let me know if you have any more questions, thanks for your interest, and good luck!

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 12:16 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
beyondthebreach wrote:

Snipe has been set and ready to go for awhile now . . .

Uh oh, I just put one on this morning before I went to work. If I would have known that I would have left it alone, and I cant change it now because my work computer doesnt let me into my sniping site.. Sorry :oops:

Now that's nice of you, but we all know I was just going to resell them. I just mentioned I had a snipe because I happened to be checking out my auctionsniper even as I read that post.

I have dozens of snipes set at any given time. No worries, I always get a bunch of good deals in the end.

Thanks for the nice gesture though!  :D

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 12:52 pm 

beyondthebreach wrote:
Now that's nice of you, but we all know I was just going to resell them. I just mentioned I had a snipe because I happened to be checking out my auctionsniper even as I read that post.

I have dozens of snipes set all time. No worries, I always get a bunch of good deals in the end.

Thanks for the nice gesture though!  :D

I figured, and most likely I was going to resell most of it myself. :wink:   I just try to avoid crossing paths and needlessly jacking up bids on resale lots if its possible. :)

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 1:51 pm 

Thanks for the update, Stephen. More than I've heard back.

afoolandhis$ wrote:Update on the "1975 D and D books, AD&D and figurines, etc." auction:

(Like the seller said, "etc." :P)

afoolandhis$ wrote:
Hello,

sorry for the tardy reply. The Char. Archaic has a bend in the front cover (where it was opened against the brads), some spots where the cover bled against the front (blank) page, four of the character records have been used (which i was planning to remove, unless you'd like them). there are 19 unused character records, The Wizard's Tomb map, Combat matrix reference page, Character Roll call page, which is partially filled out, and a creature Encounters page. Pharaoh has a few smudges on the cover, the tape binding is coming loose at the top and bottom (looks like a bit of rubber cement will take care of that), the back cover has a slight bend along it's length, and there are some 'rust' spots on the page edges. please let me know if you have any more questions, thanks for your interest, and good luck!

Glad I spotted those smudges. I couldn't quite see the "back cover has a slight bend along it's length, and there are some 'rust' spots on the page edges", though...

( = "Almost like new" :D )

Yup, smart bid!

Battle of the Five Armies is presumably incomplete, too?

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 3:29 pm 

Snipes loaded and ready ready for this:

"DUNGEONS & DRAGONS AD&D LEVEL II FOR CHARACTER LEVELS"

IDW Dungeons Dragons: Modern Age (1992-Now) | eBay

a bargin with the $8.00 handling fee   :roll:

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 3:52 pm 

Daimajin wrote:Snipes loaded and ready ready for this:

Role Playing Dice | eBay

a bargin with the $8.00 handling fee  :roll:

What is that, anyway?  Looks like an interior module map.  :?

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 3:54 pm 

deimos3428 wrote:
Daimajin wrote:Snipes loaded and ready ready for this:

Role Playing Dice | eBay

a bargin with the $8.00 handling fee :roll:

What is that, anyway? Looks like an interior module map. :?

It is the 2nd cardstock cover from S3-Expedition to the Barrier Peaks. :)

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 3:56 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
deimos3428 wrote:
What is that, anyway? Looks like an interior module map. :?

It is the 2nd cardstock cover from S3-Expedition to the Barrier Peaks. :)

I was close, I was guessing Ghost Tower because it was round...but I'm still not gonna start collecting modules ('cept monos & supers).

YIM  

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 3:58 pm 

deimos3428 wrote:
I was close, I was guessing Ghost Tower because it was round...but I'm still not gonna start collecting modules ('cept monos & supers).

Wow!  You don't collect modules?  I thought everyone just had them by default. . .  :D

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 4:06 pm 

beyondthebreach wrote:
deimos3428 wrote:

Wow! You don't collect modules? I thought everyone just had them by default. . . :D

I'm on my 3rd collection here...so in general, I'm trying to collect stuff I've never owned before.  

I've already collected and sold all the standard issue 80s TSR color modules twice already, so no urge to go through the cycle again.  :wink:

YIM  

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 4:44 pm 

deimos3428 wrote:I've already collected and sold all the standard issue 80s TSR color modules twice already, so no urge to go through the cycle again. :wink:

That's not quite the standard procedure, is it? Please don't tell us you were drunk when you sold them.  :lol:

- "When the going gets weird, the Weird turn pro."

Hunter S. Thompson (July 18, 1937 - Feb 20, 2005)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 7:17 pm 

beyondthebreach wrote:
deimos3428 wrote:

Wow! You don't collect modules? I thought everyone just had them by default. . . :D

I don't collect modules either.  I've got a few modules lying around but only those that came with other items I've actively wanted to buy.  

From a gaming point of view I've never cared much for modules since a large part of the fun of running a game is in creating the world and the people, places and things in it.  Modules always seemed a bit like baking a cake from a mix instead of from scratch.  Sure its quick and easy but it never tastes as good.

I might start collecting modules as there is a little voice inside my head whispering about "completeness".

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 8:14 pm 

3 Unused Dungeons & Dragons Notebooks / Nuckols Art

Look in decent shape, only a couple hours left though:

Dungeons Dragons Art | eBay

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:27 am 

Seller with a mixed lot of modules. Mono D series...D1 is the GW variant though.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... RK:MEWA:IT

Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:46 pm 

UK Monster Manual

Advanced Dungeons and Dragons | eBay

Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 3:47 am 

50 US-only module lot. $30, has ToEE and Cthulhu D&Demigods.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... :B:SS:US:1

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:30 am 

GraysonAC wrote:50 US-only module lot. $30, has ToEE and Cthulhu D&Demigods.

Notice that there are two versions of temple, one with a gold logo and one with TSR logo.  Looks suspicious to me :?

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 1:03 pm 

Blackmoor wrote:
GraysonAC wrote:50 US-only module lot. $30, has ToEE and Cthulhu D&Demigods.

Notice that there are two versions of temple, one with a gold logo and one with TSR logo. Looks suspicious to me :?

You have a very good eye.  The picture of older print looks like crap.  The 6th print picture shows it in shrinkwrap.  I would stay away from it for sure.

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 37 of 111123 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 ... 109110111