Interesting Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 27 of 111123 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 109110111
Author

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 9:39 am 

Marlith wrote:Character Archaic...not mentioned by name in the auction but it does mention Wee Warriors so searches may catch it. Just in case someone misses it.

Character Record Sheets: Dungeons & Dragons | eBay

Damn it to hell. Had the sniper scoped in and ready to go...

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 9:41 am 

bbarsh wrote:
Marlith wrote:Character Archaic...not mentioned by name in the auction but it does mention Wee Warriors so searches may catch it. Just in case someone misses it.

Character Record Sheets: Dungeons & Dragons | eBay

Damn it to hell. Had the sniper scoped in and ready to go...

I was on that too...do we really need this thread?   :lol:

YIM  

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 9:43 am 

Ralf Toth wrote:A few Silver Anniversary Boxed Sets:

shrinkwrapped at $112 8O , 2 days to go: http://cgi.ebay.com/AD-D-Silver-Anniver ... 5243901930

8O  is right! I was expecting around $75. I am starting to wonder if I should have held onto my extras ... I think we gonna see a much higher value in the next year or so...

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 9:46 am 

bbarsh wrote:
Ralf Toth wrote:A few Silver Anniversary Boxed Sets:

shrinkwrapped at $112 8O , 2 days to go: http://cgi.ebay.com/AD-D-Silver-Anniver ... 5243901930

8O is right! I was expecting around $75. I am starting to wonder if I should have held onto my extras ... I think we gonna see a much higher value in the next year or so...

$75 was about right this spring...this fall the prices have jumped on anything even remotely rare by about 30%.  No apparent reason.

YIM  

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 10:09 pm 

MShipley88 wrote:One obvious reason to remain anonymous does occur to me:

Maybe the guy does not want his wife to find out what he bid for some paper and cardboard from an English garden society party.  :cry:

Could be, but my gut feeling is that dbartman was probably closer to the mark:

dbartman wrote:I would also speculate that some collectors are more interested in collecting items than showcasing them for everyone else.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 4:41 am 

afoolandhis$ wrote:
Could be, but my gut feeling is that dbartman was probably closer to the mark:

dbartman wrote:I would also speculate that some collectors are more interested in collecting items than showcasing them for everyone else.

Couldn't agree more, but I suspect from the nature of some of the comments on various threads that quite a few of you knew where my ST1 ended up.  

And to think I was advised that if I kept hold of ST1 it might go up even beyond the $2500 I got for it.  Mine was NM, this is not as rare as was once thought, and yet the bonkers bids keep coming in.  If I was to pay big money for a RARE, it would at least have to look, feel and smell like a RARE.  This doesn't.

Having had an ST1, I'm very much in the I JUST DON'T GET IT camp.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 6:12 am 

jonjhargreaves wrote:And to think I was advised that if I kept hold of ST1 it might go up even beyond the $2500 I got for it. Mine was NM, this is not as rare as was once thought, and yet the bonkers bids keep coming in. If I was to pay big money for a RARE, it would at least have to look, feel and smell like a RARE. This doesn't.

Amen to all that, Jon (including the "smell" bit :P).

Is not as though prices only go in one direction, though. Even some of the "rares" have decreased in value (and/or should that be "desirability"?), although some people might be reluctant to admit that.

p.s. Thanks for your note on the supplements; will recheck against that thread later. No, I haven't completed the list since only a few people bothered to respond or ask what I was trying to do... :(

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 6:29 am 

harami2000 wrote:
jonjhargreaves wrote:And to think I was advised that if I kept hold of ST1 it might go up even beyond the $2500 I got for it. Mine was NM, this is not as rare as was once thought, and yet the bonkers bids keep coming in. If I was to pay big money for a RARE, it would at least have to look, feel and smell like a RARE. This doesn't.

Amen to all that, Jon (including the "smell" bit :P).

Is not as though prices only go in one direction, though. Even some of the "rares" have decreased in value (and/or should that be "desirability"?), although some people might be reluctant to admit that.

p.s. Thanks for your note on the supplements; will recheck against that thread later. No, I haven't completed the list since only a few people bothered to respond or ask what I was trying to do... :(

funnily enough i was talking to a mate the other day who does have ST1 - his words were summit along the lines of "its amazing that it commands its value. as a module, its a pile of shit. if i had a rare wants list, it would be at the bottom". having seen it now, i have to agree really. i would like to have it someday, but i think there are many other items i would much rather have first, such as minty tac cards, C1/C2, another PotVQ and a cpl of other things....

but anyway...back to more important stuff :)

Are we nearly there yet?

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 6:31 am 

oops, a minute too late there.

*moves my edit downwards*

=

[ed.] Giorgio; be careful with those multiple high bids, please...

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 6:37 am 

harami2000 wrote:[ed.] Giorgio; be careful with those multiple high bids, please...

Thank you David,

I really don't think I'm going to win it ...  :wink:

Multiple bids: my computer had some problems today ... or maybe I've done something wrong in bidding  :oops: .

Sorry.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 6:46 am 

radagast wrote:Multiple bids: my computer had some problems today ... or maybe I've done something wrong in bidding :oops:

I meant be careful depending on whether eBay UK allows you to bid less than a full increment above your current "winning" bid or not.

If you are winning at 100 pounds and it lets you bid 100.01 pounds, OK.

If you are winning at 100 pounds and it will not let you bid less than 102 pounds (a full bid interval), be very careful because it means that the underbidder can increase their bid without any risk of "winning" the auction- allows them to find your maximum and decide whether to win or not, at their leisure; or else just make sure you "pay" your maximum.

Trust that makes sense; apologies have to dash out now.

Enjoy, y'all... :)

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 7:31 am 

Another pinball machine: http://cgi.ebay.com/Dungeons-and-Dragon ... 6210861101

I wonder what shipping to Germany would be like  :lol:

- "When the going gets weird, the Weird turn pro."

Hunter S. Thompson (July 18, 1937 - Feb 20, 2005)

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 8:39 am 

harami2000 wrote:
radagast wrote:Multiple bids: my computer had some problems today ... or maybe I've done something wrong in bidding :oops:

I meant be careful depending on whether eBay UK allows you to bid less than a full increment above your current "winning" bid or not.

If you are winning at 100 pounds and it lets you bid 100.01 pounds, OK.

If you are winning at 100 pounds and it will not let you bid less than 102 pounds (a full bid interval), be very careful because it means that the underbidder can increase their bid without any risk of "winning" the auction- allows them to find your maximum and decide whether to win or not, at their leisure; or else just make sure you "pay" your maximum.

Trust that makes sense; apologies have to dash out now.

Enjoy, y'all... :)

thank you for the advice.  :)  :)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 8:49 am 

Here is another 4th/5th print white box set in very nice condition, this one is in the UK.  It also has 2 lizard man supplements Grehawk and Eldritch Wizardy:  

Dungeons and Dragons Set | eBay

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 9:22 am 

Under 20mins to go on the ST1.

I really hope someone from here gets it. It'd be too bad if it was sniped last minute by a reseller.

*keeps refreshing page*

*yes, I have nothing better to do on a sunday aside from play Diablo 2.

Mount Celestia doesn't want me and Baator's afraid I'll take over.

Ninty-eight Blue and Green Slaad at the door, Ninty-eight Blue and Green Slaad, Take one down, they gate in two more, Ninty-nine Blue and Green Slaad at the door...

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 9:23 am 

Winterwords wrote:Under 20mins to go on the ST1.

I really hope someone from here gets it. It'd be too bad if it was sniped last minute by a reseller.

*keeps refreshing page*

I dont think any reseller is going anywhere near that thing. :wink:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 9:24 am 

Winterwords wrote:Under 20mins to go on the ST1.

*keeps refreshing page*

*resisting urge to post it on the Silliest Auction Price thread* :)  

But I'm sure it'll skyrocket even more in the last 2 minutes, they almost always do.

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 9:25 am 

bclarkie wrote:Here is another 4th/5th print white box set in very nice condition, this one is in the UK. It also has 2 lizard man supplements Grehawk and Eldritch Wizardy:

Dungeons and Dragons Set | eBay

damn you BC :)

Are we nearly there yet?

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 27 of 111123 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 109110111