Interesting Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 18 of 111123 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 109110111
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 9:03 am 

someone was mentioning about old video game things a while back:

Advanced Dungeons and Dragons | eBay

and others:

1986 AD D Queen of the Spiders GDQ 1 7 TSR 9179 | eBay

Ad&d 2nd Edition | eBay

Ad&d Module: Advanced Dungeons & Dragons | eBay

D&D Dungeons Dragons | eBay

TSR Dungeons and Dragons | eBay  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

D&D Dungeons Dragons | eBay

Forgotten Realms: Dungeons & Dragons | eBay

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:23 am 

Deadlord36 wrote:Another ULTRA-RARE ST1, which seems to be much more common than C1 and 2.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5244409312

Finally we can see an ST1 auction on Ebay instead of all these behind the scenes things where no one seems to know whats going on or who actually purchased it. :)  It will be quite interesting to see where this one ends up. I hope woever offered the $35.00 didn't hurt themselves too bad trying to get the seller to sell to them, christ at least you could have offered them over $100.00 and made them think about it. :roll:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:25 am 

bclarkie wrote:
Finally we can see an ST1 auction on Ebay instead of all these behind the scenes things where no one seems to know whats going on or who actually purchased it. :)

yeah much more fun this way i think. this way we can all come out to play :D

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:50 am 

L20 is a brilliant bid. Offer someone $100 and they will immediately think to check what the item is REALLY worth. Offer a few bucks and they will often just sell it. Man, you guys wouldn't last 5 minutes in a poker game.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 1:39 pm 

Deadlord36 wrote:Another ULTRA-RARE ST1, which seems to be much more common than C1 and 2.

The count stood at 50+ for ST1, IIRC: almost as many as oC1 & oC2 together.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 2:04 pm 

harami2000 wrote:

The count stood at 50+ for ST1, IIRC: almost as many as oC1 & oC2 together.

That being said, what is the big deal about ST1.  Don't get me wrong I aspire to own one someday, but being I dont believe it is even in the top 5 in rarity of all the non unique items, why does everyone goe crazy for it? :?  Is it because it was a UK distributed module that was never sold in the US or is it something else? Anyone have any clue?

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 2:25 pm 

bclarkie wrote:That being said, what is the big deal about ST1. Don't get me wrong I aspire to own one someday, but being I dont believe it is even in the top 5 in rarity of all the non unique items, why does everyone goe crazy for it? :?

Please take me out of that "everyone" list, Brian. ;)

I've consistently stated my opinion that it is over-rated... Rare, yes, but not quite that rare. (It used to be listed as a "4" on The Acaeum, too ^^).

bclarkie wrote:Is it because it was a UK distributed module that was never sold in the US or is it something else? Anyone have any clue?

Something to do with Page Not Found , perhaps?

"...of which probably less than 20-30 survive today".

That would be closer to the number for many fanzines, if it were true... :lol:

===

"We bought it from the National Garden Festival on a very pleasant day out from Stafford". Ah, good to see that... :)

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 2:32 pm 

Someone once suggested to me that part of its value lies in the fact that it is the rarest "professionally produced" TSR module.  That is, a module that looks like a typical TSR module with a Letter system (ST1), cover and game book.

That is probably true. Not nearly as rare as a Jade Hare w/Cover, however . . . (though far rarer than a coverless Jade Hare).

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 2:43 pm 

beyondthebreach wrote:Someone once suggested to me that part of its value lies in the fact that it is the rarest "professionally produced" TSR module. That is, a module that looks like a typical TSR module with a Letter system (ST1), cover and game book.

That is probably true. Not nearly as rare as a Jade Hare w/Cover, however . . . (though far rarer than a coverless Jade Hare).

The covered Jade Hare was never released officially as far as anyone knows, so I don't think that counts. (No letters on the cover of that one either, btw).

To say that Tsoj, Tamo & Inverness are not "professionally produced" and thus "don't count" is an interesting reason for something else being perceived to be "worth more" than any of those. People are free to throw their money around as they wish, but I insist there's just a little bit of tail wagging the dog. :)

oB3 would be rarer if "probably less than 100 copies still exist today" were true, but 200-600 is a more likely band for that. :(

thx, BTB. Just my 02 cents, anyhow.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 2:45 pm 

beyondthebreach wrote:Someone once suggested to me that part of its value lies in the fact that it is the rarest "professionally produced" TSR module. That is, a module that looks like a typical TSR module with a Letter system (ST1), cover and game book.

I can see that to a certain extend, but truthfully that to me makes it more likely to survive the good old house cleaning "throw away", and when you put it in the context that it is 8 to 10 years younger then the holy trinity modules, it just doesn't seem to add up to me. I suspect as David does above, that many more than listed 20 to 30 survive today. Taking in to consiration that there has been at least 4 completely seperate ones that have sold in the last year alone, the survival rate has to be higher than 20 to 30.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 2:48 pm 

Hi guys,

Well I think you're all crazy and I'd have been happy with a fiver, but who am I to stand in the way of market forces?

I understand you'd like a better description and some pictures, which seems fair enough.  

Cover- corners slightly creased, some white at top and bottom of spine.  

Contents- completely pristine.  I recall reading it but it was never played and I don't think it's been opened since I read it, which was probably on the way home from the Garden Festival.

Pictures will follow, hopefully later this evening.

Cheers

Louise

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 2:54 pm 

As the lone voice of sanity on these boards, I'd be happy to sacrifice 5 pounds for that beat-up old module...

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 2:56 pm 

louise49h wrote:Hi guys,

Well I think you're all crazy and I'd have been happy with a fiver, but who am I to stand in the way of market forces?

I understand you'd like a better description and some pictures, which seems fair enough.

Cover- corners slightly creased, some white at top and bottom of spine.

Contents- completely pristine. I recall reading it but it was never played and I don't think it's been opened since I read it, which was probably on the way home from the Garden Festival.

Pictures will follow, hopefully later this evening.

Cheers

Louise

Hiya Louise,

Welcome. I must say that you are probably in for quite a nice payday in a week or so. :)  Good Luck. :wink:  One question as my curiosity is killing me, who offered the 20 pounds? :)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 2:57 pm 

afoolandhis$ wrote:As the lone voice of sanity on these boards, I'd be happy to sacrifice 5 pounds for that beat-up old module...

well listen guys....whatever.

dont bid on it...really please dont :)

i would be more than happy to have it in my collection for the price its at now, so hey go and bid on something more rare and collectable so i can have this :)

Al  :wink:

Are we nearly there yet?

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 2:57 pm 

louise49h wrote:Hi guys,

*chuckles*. Hiya, Louise! :)

Yeah, I agree £300-350 would be a sensible deal, but if someone's going to insist on throwing more money your way, who are we to argue? :D

(Oh sorry, you said "a fiver"?)...

Very glad you didn't put it up with a £5 BIN only to see it return a fortnight later with a somewhat higher pricetag.

louise49h wrote:Pictures will follow, hopefully later this evening.

Thank you in advance. No rush on those and am sure there will be plenty of questions.

Myself, I'd just like to know whether you can remember how many were on sale, and whether anyone else was buying.

Good to hear that was an excellent day out, too. :)

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 2:58 pm 

:lol: :lol:

Busy around here tonight, isn't it? Image

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 2:59 pm 

harami2000 wrote::lol: :lol:

Busy around here tonight, isn't it? [ Image ]

:D

Are we nearly there yet?

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 3:00 pm 

bclarkie wrote:One question as my curistity is killing me, who offered the 20 pounds? :)

*slaps Brian with a wet trout*

What a question to ask a lady! :o

sry.... ^^

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 18 of 111123 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 109110111