Interesting Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 15 of 111123 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 109110111
Author

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 11:24 pm 

Collection of books. Low start. Includes what seems to be a second or third print MM.

Dungeons and Dragons 1st Edition | eBay

Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 11:27 pm 

Marlith wrote:Collection of books. Low start. Includes what seems to be a second or third print MM.

There is also a First Print DM Screen in there as well. :wink:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 11:32 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
Marlith wrote:Collection of books. Low start. Includes what seems to be a second or third print MM.

There is also a First Print DM Screen in there as well. :wink:

Thanks did not catch that. I have never paid that much attention to the various DM screens.

Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 12:38 am 

deimos3428 wrote:
Yup...kinda stunned. I did jazz the description up a bit, maybe that helped, I'm not sure. But finally a rabid newbie bidder works in my favor! (We're still not even yet, though, newbie bidders...so be forewarned. :twisted: )

You're welcome... I guess...

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 1:28 am 

Don't take it personally, NetRodent.  

Most of us are Newbies.   8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 2:59 am 

bclarkie wrote:

This week he posts the exact same 1st print DMG with a $0.01 opening bid with a $39.99 reserve, and he gets this :? :

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... RK:MEWA:IT

Congrats D. :wink:

i think it was cos i bid on it :D

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:40 am 

deimos3428 wrote:
bclarkie wrote:Interesting:

deimos's 1st print DMG has an opening bid last week of $39.99 and no reserve and receives ZERO bids:

Dungeon Masters Guide 1st Edition | eBay

This week he posts the exact same 1st print DMG with a $0.01 opening bid with a $39.99 reserve, and he gets this :? :

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... RK:MEWA:IT

Congrats D. :wink:

Yup...kinda stunned. I did jazz the description up a bit, maybe that helped, I'm not sure. But finally a rabid newbie bidder works in my favor! (We're still not even yet, though, newbie bidders...so be forewarned. :twisted: )

Thanks, bclarkie, another reason to shake my fist at netrodent.  :roll:  *sigh*  See, it happened like this-- last week I wasn't even looking for a first print DMG.  Then I got edged out by harami on the EPT, so the wallet was already open and I thought what the hell....

I'll get you next time, netrodent, next time! (And until then, stay off my lawn!  :wink: )

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:41 am 

P.S., It would help if at least one person would pat my head and say, don't worry, it's still a good price.... :D

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:29 am 

Achizar wrote:P.S., It would help if at least one person would pat my head and say, don't worry, it's still a good price.... :D

It dpends on your perspective.  As far as it being a properly and well advertised 1st print DMG, you didn't do to bad, but 1st print DMGs are easily overlooked and therefore you may have been able to get a better deal if you were able to find one "unannounced". :wink:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:31 am 

bclarkie wrote:
Achizar wrote:P.S., It would help if at least one person would pat my head and say, don't worry, it's still a good price.... :D

It dpends on your perspective. As far as it being a properly and well advertised 1st print DMG, you didn't do to bad, but 1st print DMGs are easily overlooked and therefore you may have been able to get a better deal if you were able to find one "unannounced". :wink:

Fair enough.  Its "provenance," as it were, counted for something, as did the fact that I won't have to hunt for one.  When I start hunting, I start finding other things of interest...which I start bidding on...in the long run, I may have saved money! (At least that's what I'll tell the wife.  :wink: )

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 11:00 am 

MShipley88 wrote:Don't take it personally, NetRodent.

Most of us are Newbies.  8)

I didn't take it personally.  I probably should have included a smily at the end to denote my good humor.  I bid it up higher than I logically should have but curiousity got the better of me.  Its like poker, sometimes you stay in hands you probably can't win just to see what the other guy has.

Sorry for driving up the price Achizar.

On the plus side, it was an excuse to finally get around to registering here.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 11:41 am 

NetRodent wrote:I bid it up higher than I logically should have but curiousity got the better of me. Its like poker, sometimes you stay in hands you probably can't win just to see what the other guy has.

Sorry for driving up the price Achizar.

*Sigh* Spoken like a true newbie bidder. Apology accepted, though. (You also owe me! :twisted: :D )

edited to add: And welcome to the Acaeum!

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 1:20 pm 

Congrats, you beat me to it... :twisted:

Rahasia Daystar West | eBay

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 1:27 pm 

afoolandhis$ wrote:Congrats, you beat me to it... :twisted:

Wow, Am I glad I am at work and didnt have the opportunity. I  cant really od afford it right now, but man would that have tempting. :o Congrats Mike. :D

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 1:48 pm 

And a seller who did their research, too...

Yup, congrats. :) Hope your credit card doesn't complain too much!

Let us know which printing it is... :D

*notes the seller's location*

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 1:53 pm 

harami2000 wrote:
*notes the seller's location*

I found that rather interesting as well. :wink: Maybe there is more to be had. :o

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 2:03 pm 

bclarkie wrote:I found that rather interesting as well. :wink: Maybe there is more to be had. :o

No doubt of that... :)

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 2:11 pm 

bclarkie wrote:

Wow, Am I glad I am at work and didnt have the opportunity. I cant really od afford it right now, but man would that have tempting. :o Congrats Mike. :D

Yeah, that'll teach me to leave for a meeting before running my searchessssss my preciousssss.  :cry:

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 15 of 111123 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 109110111