Interesting Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 101 of 111123 ... 98, 99, 100, 101, 102 ... 109110111
Author

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 6:49 pm 

red_bus wrote:
faro wrote:I would've picked them up in person had I still been living near Sheffield..

You could have offered to pay in cash and inspected the spines on the spot.   8O

That might've been an interesting experience had they not been up-to-scratch.

(Comparable to trading in tiger skins on Birmingham New Street railway station concourse. But that's another story...).

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 8:09 pm 

faro wrote:(Comparable to trading in tiger skins on Birmingham New Street railway station concourse. But that's another story...).

???

*confused. Is familiar with New Street Station and can't think of anytime tigers or skins have come into the equation*

:p

Mount Celestia doesn't want me and Baator's afraid I'll take over.

Ninty-eight Blue and Green Slaad at the door, Ninty-eight Blue and Green Slaad, Take one down, they gate in two more, Ninty-nine Blue and Green Slaad at the door...

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 4:10 am 

faro wrote:I picked up a WD1-36 set for my brother and the condition was so bad for the bindered copies that I was embarrassed to pass them on.

So, when are you changing your name to "brothers faro"? ;-)

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:44 am 

faro wrote:Later? Is that Dragons #80-108, John?
*g* sry ^^

Really do need to sort all those out, some time... :?

Me too.  I'm fairly sure that I have some with loose covers, creases, etc.  I think that #1-20 are generally OK (quite a few in the last half with mailing covers).  But some of my originals #40+ saw a lot of use.  I was careful.  But by #60s they were simply getting too thick for their own good.

faro wrote:(Plus pick up a huge stack of bags/boards- pretty much impossible to buy around here, as required :( At least the first Tamo came with one (yippee for freebies! ;)))

Loads available on the interweb e.g.
Forbidden Planet International Boxes, Bags & Boards
Mega City Comics Bags Boards & Boxes

But I think they all use this supplier.  Says trade only.  But there is a link to a mail order retail booklet.
CollectorLine

And at least a couple of eBay traders
eBay listings
eBay listings

I keep meaning to try them out.  Anyone else got any recommendations for UK suppliers?  I'm sure that I've asked this before.  And got a reply.

Have been relying on freebies too.  Anything I buy that is fairly common and arrives in a bag then donates it to something more deserving.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:49 pm 

1st DMG
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8768058712
$26 with 12 minutes to go

(other 2nd prints, too)

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:12 pm 

Oh, that was a bit of a scrap... :)
eBay.com Item Bid History

The MM went higher than I'd thought it would.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 4:13 pm 

Okay, I must be losing my mind, but I was just running through my searches and could have sworn I just saw an ST1 but it is now gone.

Did someone here score it on a BIN?

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 4:21 pm 

bombadil wrote:Okay, I must be losing my mind, but I was just running through my searches and could have sworn I just saw an ST1 but it is now gone.

eBay grinds to a halt as everyone searches every possible combination of ST1 Up the Garden Path Graeme Morris Mike Brunton National Garden Festival Stoke on Trent  :D

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:19 pm 

What's in that pipe, Stephen?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:52 pm 

bombadil wrote:Okay, I must be losing my mind, but I was just running through my searches and could have sworn I just saw an ST1 but it is now gone.

Same thing happened to me week ago. I ran across a lot of three D&D spiral binder notebooks in mint condition. I asked the seller a question...which was never answered. Next day I couldn't find the listing anywhere...

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:54 pm 

bbarsh wrote:

Same thing happened to me week ago. I ran across a lot of three D&D spiral binder notebooks in mint condition. I asked the seller a question...which was never answered. Next day I couldn't find the listing anywhere...

Over the weekend I encountered a similar problem.  I had items in my watch  list that didn't show up when I would try to view all of the items from that seller or when doing a keyword search for them.  Seems like it you knew the item number you could find the listing, otherwise you couldn't.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:38 pm 

When that happens I just assume that shenanigans have occured.

Sometimes, the listings reappear as if they had never been gone.

I call shenanigans!     :o

Mark   8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:02 pm 

NetRodent wrote:
Over the weekend I encountered a similar problem.  I had items in my watch  list that didn't show up when I would try to view all of the items from that seller or when doing a keyword search for them.  Seems like it you knew the item number you could find the listing, otherwise you couldn't.

Happens to me all the time and has done for a very long time e.g.
eBay listings
eBay listings

A long time ago these would have returned the same results.  But it seems that their visibility is affected by the geographic availability to a particular eBay region.  If thats clear :?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:47 pm 

Deadlord39 wrote:What's in that pipe, Stephen?

Why, Black & Burley, of course.

I suspect one of the following might have happened:

-I'm losing my mind (more likely);
-It was there, and the seller took it down after receiving an offer or after having realized an error in the listing.

Keep an eye out...it might pop up again in the near future.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 4:17 am 

eBay listings
eBay listings

This is actually quite normal. Your first link is from ebay.co.uk and only shows the items which the seller has selected he is willing to ship to the UK. Your second link shows them all, because you're looking for US shipping willingness through the US site (hope this all makes sense).

I use this ebay ability to check whether all my items have worldwide shipping and ebay hasn't let me down so far. Hope this info helps.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 4:36 am 

fluffmaister wrote:

eBay listings
eBay listings

This is actually quite normal. Your first link is from ebay.co.uk and only shows the items which the seller has selected he is willing to ship to the UK. Your second link shows them all, because you're looking for US shipping willingness through the US site (hope this all makes sense).

I use this ebay ability to check whether all my items have worldwide shipping and ebay hasn't let me down so far. Hope this info helps.

But this didn't use to be the case.  If you clicked on "items for sale" from the member profile it would list every item for sale regardless of which eBay portal you were using.
And if you used the search facility but ticked the box to also see completed auctions, all of a sudden the auctions which didn't appear on the previous search would now appear.  This may still be the case.  I haven't checked.  But both "features" have been reported to eBay.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:53 am 

johnhuck wrote:
If you clicked on "items for sale" from the member profile it would list every item for sale regardless of which eBay portal you were using.

Via the profile of a seller, only available items for the country of Ebay portal used is shown. If you are on ebay.co.uk and the seller don't want to ship to UK, when you click on "view all this seller items" you wouldn't see them. On ebay.fr it works like that, and ebay.co.uk I notice the same matter.

Strangely, when you browse categories on ebay.com, an important part of UK items are shown... regarless you are selecting worlwide or not.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:40 pm 

So, was there an ST1 auction, or wasn't there? It seems odd that an ST1 goes unnoticed in this forum (unless everyone tries to keep it secret to prevent bids from running too high).

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 101 of 111123 ... 98, 99, 100, 101, 102 ... 109110111