Interesting Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 100 of 111123 ... 97, 98, 99, 100, 101 ... 109110111
Author

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 3:23 pm 

Lordan wrote:Ya know with the ending price of this:

D.D. Crow RARE: Individual Cards | eBay

you can just pay $2.50 more and get it from Mike still:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... R4_PCN_BIX

got mine a while ago from him and was a great deal :)

One of those times when you set a snipe, go away for the weekend, and then hope you didn't win :? But might make a nice present for major_axe :wink:

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 4:35 pm 

NetRodent wrote:A lot with R1 just listed for $1.99:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8768901804

Got a Wizard logo Q1, too, so that's a 1st print tallboy (you can almost tell in the photo).

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 4:37 pm 

Big lot, has a few interesting uncommon items:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... Track=true

95lbs shipping weight, as per the seller.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 4:44 pm 

Marlith wrote:
sheeadog wrote:Here's a D&D LP.  Anyone got a turn table?

D&D Black Dragon | eBay

Yes. I had given mine up many years ago. I recently went out and bought one of the antique look all in ones with a Radio, Cassette, CD & LP (no eight track though  :( ). I have rediscovered a love of vinyl. I am finding myself looking through the stacks of records at Half Price and similar places now.

Wow, me too.  Just purchased a $150 turntable at Best Buy that has a USB cord to copy all your vinyl to computer files!  Once I get it set up I can't wait to start digitalizing and putting to CD all those great obscure albums I have that never made it to CD....

Mike B.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 4:47 pm 

bbarsh wrote:Do records sell on ebay. I have got about a 100 or so from the late 70s-80s that have been collecting dust in my storage room.

They sell, but they have to be in almost perfect condition and a lost classic that never made  it to CD and vinyl is the only way to hear it.  Also, master recordings sell as the sound is far superior to cd (much richer and fuller).  I don't sell much but recently sold the Rave Ups first lp (never made it to cd except for an expensive German import), some Bowie Master Pressings, and some Alice Cooper albums that were never opened still in the original packaging.  Anything scratched up, or common, sells for pennies.

Mike B.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 4:49 pm 

Lordan wrote:Ya know with the ending price of this:

D.D. Crow RARE: Individual Cards | eBay

you can just pay $2.50 more and get it from Mike still:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... R4_PCN_BIX

got mine a while ago from him and was a great deal :)

Great post!!!  :lol:  But seriously, I think it's my last one.  I wonder if these Goodman limiteds are the first 3rd edition D20 collectibles that will actually stand the test of time?  

Mike B.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 5:27 pm 

Last minute bidding hotting up.  But you don't see an instant collection of Strategic Review and Dragon magazine very often.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 7006873748

Sound in good condition.  And there could be Dragon magazine binders included (reading between the lines).

But beware cost of postage.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 5:32 pm 

johnhuck wrote:Last minute bidding hotting up.  But you don't see an instant collection of Strategic Review and Dragon magazine very often.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 7006873748

Sound in good condition.  And there could be Dragon magazine binders included (reading between the lines).

But beware cost of postage.

Wow!  Nice win David.  Hope that they're as nice as described.  Was seriously considering a major snipe (although not quite as serious as yours and red_bus i.e. £444) to replace a lot of my dog-eared copies.  Let us know if they come with Dragon mag binders.

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 5:36 pm 

i asked him that - he said that the first few binders are Dragon - the rest 'locally bought'.  Hmmm, p'raps I should have stretched that little bit more...  :(

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 5:48 pm 

red_bus wrote:i asked him that - he said that the first few binders are Dragon - the rest 'locally bought'.  Hmmm, p'raps I should have stretched that little bit more...  :(

I think that you could quite easily spend £300 on a set of SRs and Dragon #1-10.  Especially if they are as good as the #1 looks in the cropped image.

Seller didn't do themselves any favours by trying to sell like this.  Postage was just too prohibitive for a serious international bid.  At least #1-20 (or maybe #40) should have been listed separately, with the rest in lots of 5 or 10.  He will be lucky to give the other two lots away.  Maybe David can pick them up as packaging for his win! :wink:

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 5:55 pm 

You are absolutely right.  I suppose in the end it comes down to sometimes subtle factors.  I sent the seller a few emails about their condition, and he was a just a little snippy in his response.  If he had been more effusive, I might have bid more.  But that shouldn't take away from a great win for David (he says jealously).  :wink:  :)

Let's go fly a kite

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 6:01 pm 

red_bus wrote:he was a just a little snippy in his response.  If he had been more effusive, I might have bid more.

Same reason I cancelled my snipe.  Came across as a bit of a Victor Meldrew IMO.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 6:10 pm 

*arrives, belatedly*

Thanks, y'both!

Hmm... I was going to nominate self for "Silliest auction price of the year" thread, primarily from the p.o.v. of $827 for Dragons 1-3... :?

Actually, I'm very surprised it went that high, compared with the other "instant collections" in Oz and elsewhere. $500-600 would've been my "guess".
The shipping differential was a major plus ($340 to the US :P) in our favor, too.

Think we could've done with a three way split agreed on those, beforehand!

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 6:15 pm 

faro wrote:*arrives, belatedly*

Thanks, y'both!

Hmm... I was going to nominate self for "Silliest auction price of the year" thread, primarily from the p.o.v. of $827 for Dragons 1-3... :?

Actually, I'm very surprised it went that high, compared with the other "instant collections" in Oz and elsewhere. $500-600 would've been my "guess".
The shipping differential was a major plus ($340 to the US :P) in our favor, too.

Think we could've done with a three way split agreed on those, beforehand!

Did ask if he could use parcel rate Royal Mail | Royal Mail Group Ltd

But no reply.  Got to be worth pursuing if you're thinking of only taking less than 20kg of the earlier copies.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 6:29 pm 

johnhuck wrote:Did ask if he could use parcel rate Royal Mail | Royal Mail Group Ltd

But no reply.  Got to be worth pursuing if you're thinking of only taking less than 20kg of the earlier copies.

I had better luck, John.
Pointed him at the link and he offered a £25 postage rate if the bidding went over £200. Which was 100% certain, I thought.
(Two boxes to 20kg max with £250 insurance each = £27 total postage).

I would've picked them up in person had I still been living near Sheffield. Haven't been down to Ashford to see the cats in a long time :(

Tell you, though; if they arrive with any notable spine damage due to the binders on Dragons 1-3...
Best I could get was a text description from the seller (but must admit he was courteous with me).

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 6:40 pm 

Hey there. He did say that they had been stored flat if I recall (as opposed to upright on bookshelves) so you should be OK.  

Have sent you a PM about the Strategic Reviews (which is what I was gunning for).  If John's interested in later Dragon Mags then we could still do a three way split.  :wink:

Let's go fly a kite

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 6:43 pm 

faro wrote:I would've picked them up in person had I still been living near Sheffield..

You could have offered to pay in cash and inspected the spines on the spot.   8O

Let's go fly a kite

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 6:46 pm 

> Hey there. He did say that they had been stored flat if I recall (as opposed to upright on bookshelves) so you should be OK.  

Valid point.
I picked up a WD1-36 set for my brother and the condition was so bad for the bindered copies that I was embarrassed to pass them on.

> Have sent you a PM about the Strategic Reviews (which is what I was gunning for).  If John's interested in later Dragon Mags then we could still do a three way split.  :wink:

Later? Is that Dragons #80-108, John?
*g* sry ^^

Really do need to sort all those out, some time... :?
(Plus pick up a huge stack of bags/boards- pretty much impossible to buy around here, as required :( At least the first Tamo came with one (yippee for freebies! ;)))

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 100 of 111123 ... 97, 98, 99, 100, 101 ... 109110111