Interesting Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 98 of 111123 ... 95, 96, 97, 98, 99 ... 109110111
Author

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 4:33 pm 

:oops:  :oops:  :oops:

Sorry bout that BC. I will add a couple items to your trade pile.  :D

Mike

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 4:34 pm 

chromaticknight wrote::oops:  :oops:  :oops:

Sorry bout that BC. I will add a couple items to your trade pile.  :D

Mike

That's not necesary, funny, but not necessary. :lol:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 5:12 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Geez Mike, and I was hoping you were going to be low on funds after that GK chainmail you ripped from my grasp last night. :wink:

You two having a good time sniping to-and-fro?

$61; eBay.com Item Bid History (pretty much the price the stapled version was going for a couple of years back).
No hiding it under your tablecovers, Mike! :)

Remember; there's another one over here, Brian; http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8765502306

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 5:40 pm 

mdr003 wrote:Thanks Brett. Yeah, he does seem to have a nice selection. It's a pity the majority seem to have some water damage though.

Have you asked him about shipping to Australia?

Regards

Mike

Prob expecting that it was damaged in storage, ie old timer that hasn't played in a long time... Nah I haven't asked yet, I find that most people don't mind sending stuff overseas and don't mind if you don't ask em or not, can always get it sent somewere in the States anyway.. at the moment my buying habbits are slowing down, and I'm stsrting it get a bit picky about quality, water damage is mostly a no no for me..., I'm just a bit sick of ebay ATM, some of the items I would like appear in dribs and drabs and the added $9 (when they don't stiff me) shipping costs start to add up for an individual item, I'm thinking of buying most of the stuff through Aaron, its a bit more expensive but I save a heap on shipping... I think I'll put together a list of the various different bits and pieces I need over various systems, and  :roll: I really need to get all my spare stuff gone as well to make some room, and update my web page, and.. and...and...

Brette:)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:03 pm 

chromaticknight wrote:LOL, I had to.  :roll:

It will match these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8760785975

:oops:

Mike

Well, in my opinion this is definitely the BEST D&D-related item I've ever seen. Believe me, I'd have paid 10 times that price for it.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:53 pm 

Battlesystem general minis in this mixed lot:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3AIT&rd=1

They always seem to be missing from the boxed sets.

Mike

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 12:12 am 

I was tempted to bid on this as it draws to a close, but am getting suspicious of shill-bidding.  Any others get that feeling?

Judges Guild: Role Playing Games | eBay

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 12:16 am 

bombadil wrote:I was tempted to bid on this as it draws to a close, but am getting suspicious of shill-bidding.  Any others get that feeling?

Do not get in a bidding war with a few newbies!  Even if they are not shills you have to know this stuff will come up cheaper later!

J

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 3:53 am 

bombadil wrote:I was tempted to bid on this as it draws to a close, but am getting suspicious of shill-bidding.  Any others get that feeling?

Those solo adventures have their own whole collecting community. I stumbled across them when I was putting together some entries on my site.

I've got the last two (the two missing from the set in the auction) in PDF form. They really are not worth buying, even though they don't turn up often at all.

They are much sought after by the solo adventure collectors, but the relevance and/or usefullness to D&D or RPGs in general is practically nil.

I wouldn't mind cover scans, but that would be it. The text for the whole set is freely available online, and Quicksilver Fantasies is still around.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 4:05 am 

I have a couple of these.  They are terrible.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 7:50 am 

MShipley88 wrote:I have a couple of these.  They are terrible.

Could you e-mail coverscans?

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 8:02 am 

I don't believe so.  The newbie winning it is listed from Maryland, has been on eBay since 2004, and has bids on several other items from different sellers.  I know who the second place bidder is and unless he is extremely bored, I would say that he had no intention of just trying to up the bids and that he was legitimately trying to win them. Besides, that bidder has a history of colleting those types of things, despite the fact he only has a 2 feedback. :wink:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Active Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 9:13 am 

Here's a D&D LP.  Anyone got a turn table?

D&D Black Dragon | eBay

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 9:17 am 

sheeadog wrote:Here's a D&D LP.  Anyone got a turn table?

D&D Black Dragon | eBay

Yes. I had given mine up many years ago. I recently went out and bought one of the antique look all in ones with a Radio, Cassette, CD & LP (no eight track though  :( ). I have rediscovered a love of vinyl. I am finding myself looking through the stacks of records at Half Price and similar places now.

Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 9:25 am 

Do records sell on ebay. I have got about a 100 or so from the late 70s-80s that have been collecting dust in my storage room.

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 9:32 am 

Advanced Dungeons and Dragons Players Handbook
Advanced Dungeons and Dragons | eBay

Just over thirteen hours left with a current bid of $6.01.  From the photo it's an early printing, but it doesn't state which one  :(

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 9:38 am 

muaddib5 wrote:Advanced Dungeons and Dragons Players Handbook
Advanced Dungeons and Dragons | eBay

Just over thirteen hours left with a current bid of $6.01.  From the photo it's an early printing, but it doesn't state which one  :(

I asked, its a 3rd. :) I am not really sure why the seller didn't answer my question on the auction though.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:54 am 

re. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8766998870 , etc.
beasterbrook wrote:Prob expecting that it was damaged in storage, ie old timer that hasn't played in a long time...
.. at the moment my buying habbits are slowing down, and I'm stsrting it get a bit picky about quality, water damage is mostly a no no for me...

Yeah, water damage is pretty much the worst, IMO.
Out of interest, has anyone asked the seller whether they might have thrown out any items in that cache that may have had mildew/mould damage?

beasterbrook wrote:, I'm just a bit sick of ebay ATM, some of the items I would like appear in dribs and drabs and the added $9 (when they don't stiff me) shipping costs start to add up for an individual item

*nods*. Same here.

Was just tidying up spare packing boxes I was keeping to reuse and casually began to tot up the postage.
Did not make for happy thoughts...

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 98 of 111123 ... 95, 96, 97, 98, 99 ... 109110111