Interesting Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 94 of 111123 ... 91, 92, 93, 94, 95 ... 109110111
Author

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 4:40 am 

Seller has 8 mixed lots with some fair stuff in them. Might be something the resellers would buy and break up...

eBay listings

Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 5:50 am 

R4 - Pretty high starting price/BIN considering it's in tough shape ( plus pic looks crappy to begin with ) but just incase someone really needs it:

D.D. Crow RARE: Individual Cards | eBay

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:19 am 

Daimajin wrote:R4 - Pretty high starting price/BIN considering it's in tough shape ( plus pic looks crappy to begin with ) but just incase someone really needs it:
R 4 Docs Island D D rare RPGA members only module | eBay

Yeah, spotted that before popping over here... :)

"This book has never been played. It is clean and free of marks"
(Never judge a cover from its book! :P)

I need it to fill a hole in the collection; I don't want Creep to win/BIN and dangle it above our heads; but the seller is also being somewhat greedy and dishonest, too, IMHO.
No go on that, then...

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:49 am 

faro wrote:
I need it to fill a hole in the collection; I don't want Creep to win/BIN and dangle it above our heads; but the seller is also being somewhat greedy and dishonest, too, IMHO.
No go on that, then...

yeah i was almost tempted too but its a lot for that condition. never been played my arse! :)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 7:03 am 

killjoy32 wrote:yeah i was almost tempted too but its a lot for that condition. never been played my arse! :)

aside:

"Seller will obtain a quote for international shipping after payment is received for the item and packaging cost."

:o

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 7:35 am 

faro wrote:
Daimajin wrote:R4 - Pretty high starting price/BIN considering it's in tough shape ( plus pic looks crappy to begin with ) but just incase someone really needs it:
R 4 Docs Island D D rare RPGA members only module | eBay

Yeah, spotted that before popping over here... :)

"This book has never been played. It is clean and free of marks"
(Never judge a cover from its book! :P)

No go on that, then...

I don't think you need to worry about him winning this auction. There has been no RPG noise from that sector in quite some time. Just take a look at the completed auctions that were bid on . . . not an RPG item to be found (miniatures aside).

Things are starting to go cheap too . . . I've seen more than a few BIN prices that I was going to jump on and resell . . . only I don't bid on auctions from those who are blocked from bidding on mine.

Expensive lesson learned, I think  . . . 8)

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 8:20 am 

GW D1 with 8 hours left:

eBay

looks in nice shape too.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 8:51 am 

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... RK:MEWA:IT

1st print DMG, that obviously no one has recognized yet. Rough shape, but still sitting with NO nbids with a little over a day left.

Same seller also has a 3rd print MM:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... RK:MEWA:IT

Also a little rough around the edges, but looks decent.  It is also sitting a $1.00 with no bids and a little over a day to go.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 3:59 pm 

Earlyish Dragons in pretty good looking condition with Media Mail option clearly stated:

#43, 45-9 ("$3 each")
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8761733152
$18 with 7 hours to go

#50-59 ("$2 each")
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8761724647
$20 with <7 hours to go

(Seller's #60s issues ain't in so good shape).

Would be good to see those used as a springboard to earlier issues (not so cheap!).

** Banned **

Post Posted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 4:30 pm 

Deadlord36 wrote:3769 D D Lost Tamoachan Plus 2 More | eBay

And another Tamoachan comes out of the woodworks..........

FYI, I contacted the seller and was told... "I can absolutely verify that this is an original because the guy that has me listing this for him is a neighbor to the author of this book and it was given to him BY the author years ago when it was first produced."

The copy being sold is listed as #119, I wonder though, wouldn't a copy given to someone by the author (?) be one of the unnumbered complementary copies?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 7:02 pm 

jpipes wrote:
Deadlord36 wrote: Chauvet D-fi Plus | eBay

And another Tamoachan comes out of the woodworks..........

FYI, I contacted the seller and was told... "I can absolutely verify that this is an original because the guy that has me listing this for him is a neighbor to the author of this book and it was given to him BY the author years ago when it was first produced."

The copy being sold is listed as #119, I wonder though, wouldn't a copy given to someone by the author (?) be one of the unnumbered complementary copies?

Not necessarily.  Could've been given to him years after production.

On another note:  DAMN...was hoping one of the board members would land it somewhat cheaply.  Ah, well, that's the way the cookie crumbles.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:44 am 

Anyone need an extra copy of Metamorphosis Alpha just for playing or reference?

Alpha Flight Comic Book | eBay

Read the description carefully.  Seller also has the best feedback I have ever seen.  8O

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 6:36 pm 

This could just as well could end up in the "Silliest auction price of the year" thread, particularly when you look at the moronic shipping total, but I will put it here anyway. :roll:

Original Dungeons and Dragons | eBay

Its interesting enough, that if someone really wants 2 pretty good white box sets, 1 a 5th & 1 a 6th print.  Also included are 2 sets of supps I-III and maybe the most interesting aspect of it, is the GK Chainmail that is also included in the auction.  Is this auction worth $540 even with the extras, probably not, but if you are looking for a 1 time shot where you are not like to get much if any competion it might be worth it.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 6:49 pm 

bclarkie wrote:This could just as well could end up in the "Silliest auction price of the year" thread, particularly when you look at the moronic shipping total, but I will put it here anyway. :roll:

Original Dungeons and Dragons | eBay

Its interesting enough, that if someone really wants 2 pretty good white box sets, 1 a 5th & 1 a 6th print.  Also included are 2 sets of supps I-III and maybe the most interesting aspect of it, is the GK Chainmail that is also included in the auction.  Is this auction worth $540 even with the extras, probably not, but if you are looking for a 1 time shot where you are not like to get much if any competion it might be worth it.

Yep.  Saw that too and nearly dumped it on the silly thread, until I read further.  The price isn't that far off, given the current OCE/5th prices...probably would have made more selling separately, though.

YIM  

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 6:52 pm 

bclarkie wrote:GK Chainmail that is also included

Lizard logo Greyhawk, Blackmoor, and Chainmail #2.

And one set o' GK OD&D rules notably darker in color...

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 7:19 pm 

deimos3428 wrote:Yep. Saw that too and nearly dumped it on the silly thread, until I read further. The price isn't that far off, given the current OCE/5th prices...

I don't know about "current" 5th prices, but a box like that is rare indeed (if it's as good as it appears).

There isn't a pic of the Dragon Archive(!), but there is of the War of the Ring.

Let's see: 175 + 90 + 75 + 60 (*lol*) = 400.
Getting close...

ExTSR wrote:And one set o' GK OD&D rules notably darker in color...

Yup, that's the high-quality thick, deeply textured cardstock early (77-79) OCE set, I think.
Probably my favorite :)

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 7:26 pm 

bclarkie wrote:and maybe the most interesting aspect of it, is the GK Chainmail that is also included in the auction

Great. I still had these pinned at $35 or thereabouts, but that is a good looking copy, Brian ;)

It doesn't go with the 5th print (76-77), so might be worth checking the printings on the GH and BLK, just in case; even though the latter doesn't appear tall enough to be a 1st print.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 8:10 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:
faro wrote:
No go on that, then...

yeah i was almost tempted too but its a lot for that condition. never been played my arse!

Never played, but was used as a door mat for several years . . .

The Egg

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 94 of 111123 ... 91, 92, 93, 94, 95 ... 109110111