Interesting Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 91 of 111123 ... 88, 89, 90, 91, 92 ... 109110111
Author

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:09 am 

killjoy32 wrote:
i think i have one of them that i am willing to offload if someone is interested. condition is about VG+ / VG+

david, if i send a few scans over to you, could you verify for me?

Al

Al, if you're referring to that cool GH pre-pub that David's got a copy of, then, holy shit, yes, I'd be interested as well.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:26 am 

afoolandhis$ wrote:
killjoy32 wrote:
i think i have one of them that i am willing to offload if someone is interested. condition is about VG+ / VG+

david, if i send a few scans over to you, could you verify for me?

Al

Al, if you're referring to that cool GH pre-pub that David's got a copy of, then, holy shit, yes, I'd be interested as well.

I would lkike a stab at it as well!

J

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:29 am 

I think i can speak for a number of people here when I would say me too please!  :D

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:30 am 

Damn it, all you other people get out of here, I was here 1st!! :twisted:  :P

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:32 am 

bclarkie wrote:Damn it, all you other people get out of here, I was here 1st!! :twisted: :P

Well, hey - I will travel up in person to bring a bucket of cash.  And some Rich Tea biscuits.  :)

Bclarkie?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:33 am 

red_bus wrote:
bclarkie wrote:Damn it, all you other people get out of here, I was here 1st!! :twisted: :P

Well, hey - I will travel up in person to bring a bucket of cash. And some Rich Tea biscuits. :)

Bclarkie?

How about some Back Bacon :D

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:32 am 

hey bri

if i had a T-1st greyhawk it would be in my collection going nowhere chummer :)

its a S&S 1st i "think" - not very good at these things of course, but i can mail you a few scans if you want and you can just judge for yourself.

am quite happy to do a trade for summit if ya want? you know me, got no money and happy as i am :)

Al

*edit* sorry guys, you all got excited with the T-1st thing....i wasnt reading that bit, too tired and not paying attention! :) but even if i did have one, Bri would still get first offer, being a top guy and has shoved some cool deals my way over time, stephen would have been next and then well it prb wouldnt get to a 3rd :) (no offence intended folks, so please dont feel that way inclined)

A.

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:19 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:(no offence intended folks, so please dont feel that way inclined)

A.

None taken, Al, of course!  By the way, when is that little desert thing you've got lined up?

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:19 pm 

Al, I know that I'm late to the party. But if your S&S polymorphs into a T1st GH, then I'd be interested as well :D

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:36 pm 

afoolandhis$ wrote:
killjoy32 wrote:(no offence intended folks, so please dont feel that way inclined)

A.

None taken, Al, of course! By the way, when is that little desert thing you've got lined up?

hey stephen, well believe it or not, i leave 8 weeks today. travel from manchester to gatwick on the plane, night in the hotel there, so i can relax and have a few beers (as you do), 6th April, i meet up with the other 220+ UK competitors and we all fly to morocco together! the MDS race itself starts on about the 9th April i think. suffering with a cold atm. no biggie really bar for its hard to run cos am all blocked up, but hopefully will be gone in the next day or two.

my MSN myspace is updated daily, so you should go have a looksee!

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:36 pm 

johnhuck wrote:Al, I know that I'm late to the party. But if you're S&S polymorphs into a T1st GH, then I'd be interested as well :D

john ohhhh i wish :)

Al

ps. hows things btw and hows the little one and the wifey doing?

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:41 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:hey stephen, well believe it or not, i leave 8 weeks today. travel from manchester to gatwick on the plane, night in the hotel there, so i can relax and have a few beers (as you do), 6th April, i meet up with the other 220+ UK competitors and we all fly to morocco together! the MDS race itself starts on about the 9th April i think. suffering with a cold atm. no biggie really bar for its hard to run cos am all blocked up, but hopefully will be gone in the next day or two.

my MSN myspace is updated daily, so you should go have a looksee!

Al

Incredible.  Well, best of luck to you.  Must take a hell of a lot of mental strength.

As for that cold, get yourself some dandelion tea - a lot of it.  Just drop the little baggies into your beer and you'll be fine in no time.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:26 pm 

johnhuck wrote:Al, I know that I'm late to the party. But if you're S&S polymorphs into a T1st GH, then I'd be interested as well :D

Guess the next "T1st" is going to pick up at least half-a-dozen snipe bids, then. Should be interesting.
Suspect there are a few collector-resellers kicking themselves for not buying up copies when they were stuck at around the $100-125 mark.

(One of these days it might finally be re-rated as a "5"; or even be labelled as a "1st" rather than "T1st". Ya never know... ;)).

=
Al; the 1st S&S is the one without "2nd printing", etc., on the title page! :)

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:28 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:hey stephen, well believe it or not, i leave 8 weeks today.

I guess the question is more whether you believe it, Al?!

Judging by that last training update you sent, it sounds like you're well on course. Now all you need are a few ks of dune conveniently placed back of Warrington :P

Keep on slogging! :)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 2:23 pm 

faro wrote:
killjoy32 wrote:hey stephen, well believe it or not, i leave 8 weeks today.

I guess the question is more whether you believe it, Al?!

Judging by that last training update you sent, it sounds like you're well on course. Now all you need are a few ks of dune conveniently placed back of Warrington :P

Keep on slogging! :)

well not this weekend but prb next, i am off over to between liverpool and southport, where there is a real cool stretch of sand. a mate of mine who is doing the MDS too is also coming so should be cool. only about 20% of the race is on actual sand as in dunes etc, so you cant press all your efforts just on that. i have been pretty much training on allsorts of terrain to give that feeling of adaptability really. anyhow, no matter what i do, the real killer is gonna be 130F + temps - something you really cant prepare for.

i will keep plugging away :)

looking forward to a nice break after it lemme tell you :)

mental strength? you dont even know the half of it lemme tell ya :D

cheers for the words of support guys - most appreciated!

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:05 pm 

Daimajin wrote:
NetRodent wrote:Anyone familiar with the Orc War Action Scene Kit?

Dungeons and Dragons Box | eBay

I own a couple of them, they are grenadier figs molden in plastic with scenery to build upon. The scenery is flimsy, and I only have 2 because I got one in shrink for $5. I have another one, I think it has the red dragon with it but thats been buried for a bit. I can dig them out if you need more info...not worth the $35 IMHO

A little more info on these:

Yeah, they were all plastic molds of Grenadier minis of the day, but almost universally all very, very poor knockoffs of the originals. Bad castings and even worse mold lines and fittings (they actually made multi-piece models out of many of the minis which were originally a single piece!) - however, at the time I think each kit went for $10-$15; so for the budget-concious AD&D or fantasy gamer they could be quite a steal.

"Orc War" actually mated up to "Dungeon Adventure"; the back of the Orc castle had an indentation on it that fit up against the diorama for the dungeon so they could be glued together in to one enormous scene. The Dungeon Adventure pieces were as bad or worse than the Orc War odds and ends in terms of quality. The plastic was about what you'd get out of a Happy Meal box (remember when those were vac-formed plastic?); the minis little more than somewhat-detailed blobs.

Each kit came with (obviously) an instruction sheet, but no glue, paint or D&D-relevant information beyond the TSR branding and graphics on the box.

If you're absolutely positively hell-bent on buying one, don't pay $35 for it. Even as an out-of-print collector's item it's not worth the hassle. And if you think one is worth getting just as a source of cheap plastic minis...well, imagine if you found one of those gumball dispensers in front of a store, where you'd put in a quarter and get a plastic bubble with a single army soldier or robot or fantasy fig in it. Now think of something about five times worse in terms of casting quality and detail and you've essentially got the MPC kits.

You're better off spending $35 on someone's lot of old nonspecific Grenadier lead than this junk.

EDIT:

Here's a picture I was able to scrounge up of the kits put together, with a so-so view of the "dungeon".  Note the plastic copy of the grenadier dragon;

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 2:22 am 

Nice assortment of older 1st edition hardbacks:

Vintage Hardback Books | eBay

Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 5:50 am 

Only for US snif  :cry:
http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... PcY_BID_IT

Only reserve met at $6 ...

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 91 of 111123 ... 88, 89, 90, 91, 92 ... 109110111