Interesting Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 84 of 111123 ... 81, 82, 83, 84, 85 ... 109110111
Author

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:37 pm 

faro wrote:
bclarkie wrote:Seriously what happened there???

I'm trying to find out... Suspect they know they're copies or have very good reason to believe that.

Bad timing, Stephen?

Nah, I don't think so.  It'll probably be fine.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:39 pm 

Giving the seller the benefit of the doubt for a second, I'm wondering whether she just freaked out over not knowing exactly what she was selling, a la Bella and the PoVQ of yester-year.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:43 pm 

I dont know how comfortable I would feel buying photocopies.  That being said though, she was super nice to me before and I don't think that she would doing anything nefarious intentionally.  It's defintely a tough call as to wheter or not its all fake, or perhaps partially fake or what. :?

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:53 pm 

afoolandhis$ wrote:Giving the seller the benefit of the doubt for a second, I'm wondering whether she just freaked out over not knowing exactly what she was selling, a la Bella and the PoVQ of yester-year.

Given that she knows a genuine copy is $300 whereas Bella was totally clueless, what would your best guess be?

You just told me you were near certain the cover is a copy.
I know some of the internal pages do not match the "correct" color, but had been working along different lines without your inside knowledge, Stephen. Thank you for sharing that.

(Heh. But please don't keep reminding me of /that/ PotVQ auction. Is painful to both me and John H. ;) I lost track of how many times I had the highest bid there when the auction closed, or had the highest deal on the table. Three, I think...).

afoolandhis$ wrote:I dont know how comfortable I would feel buying photocopies. That being said though, she was super nice to me before and I don't think that she would doing anything nefarious intentionally. It's defintely a tough call as to wheter or not its all fake, or perhaps partially fake or what. :?

Yeah, one fake reference clearly stamped fake is perhaps bearable for reference, especially if others come up that require comparison (a lot more deceptive than that photocopied 2nd Chainmail I have). Above all I do NOT want deceptive fake copies to be freely circulating... :(

I do have a genuine copy for comparison, however.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:02 pm 

faro wrote: (Heh. But please don't keep reminding me of /that/ PotVQ auction. Is painful to both me and John H. ;) I lost track of how many times I had the highest bid there when the auction closed, or had the highest deal on the table. Three, I think...).

I do have a genuine copy for comparison, however.

Sorry for raising that Spectre...by the way, when I sell it, you'll have first shot.

Do you mean you have a genuine 2nd Chainmail or a genuine Character Archaic?

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:25 pm 

afoolandhis$ wrote:Sorry for raising that Spectre...by the way, when I sell it, you'll have first shot.

Don't think I could stand the heat on that, Stephen, but thanks for the offer!

afoolandhis$ wrote:Do you mean you have a genuine 2nd Chainmail or a genuine Character Archaic?

I still require a 2nd Chainmail.
Whereas I am currently flooded-under with 3rd Woodgrains... hence that totally crazy offer to Shane a few days back :P

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:33 pm 

afoolandhis$ wrote:Giving the seller the benefit of the doubt for a second, I'm wondering whether she just freaked out over not knowing exactly what she was selling, a la Bella and the PoVQ of yester-year.

Playing Devil's Advocate (a role I killed on Broadway...)

If someone fully photocopied a Character Archaic set, and put them up on ebay, what would a very nice and complete photocopy go for? How many here would buy one for research purposes alone for say, $10 a pop?

If someone did this, what is the chance Ebay would stop the sale even WITH complaints? Would they even care?

What is the chance ANYONE could even stop the sale at all?  Who is the copyright holder of this material and would they even bother to make a complaint?

Mike B.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:39 pm 

Badmike wrote:If someone fully photocopied a Character Archaic set, and put them up on ebay, what would a very nice and complete photocopy go for? How many here would buy one for research purposes alone for say, $10 a pop?

I pondered it, then decided there isn't all that much "research" that isn't currently being done by the current legit owners.  If I see a photocopy of say, a True 17th Beta Feral Greyhawk (of holding!), or whatever, something we haven't seen before, I would try to pick it up cheap.

YIM  

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:48 pm 

Badmike wrote:What is the chance ANYONE could even stop the sale at all? Who is the copyright holder of this material and would they even bother to make a complaint?

Judging by my truncated discussion with him, I'd say Pete probably isn't up to doing so, anyhow. :(

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 2:01 pm 

I don't think Phyllis copied the cover of the CA shown in that auction.  From what she told me, I think she obtained a box of stuff that included the two CAs Jeff and I won, plus some extra sheets bound with a photocopied cover.  So the question arises:  what are those extra sheets?  They could, of course, be copies made by the original owner of the CAs sold last week.  They could also be supplemental sheets sold separately from the CA.  

All just speculation at this point, though.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 10:00 pm 

Probably not something you'd want to play these days, but somebody might find it collectible:

cgi.ebay.ca/Rare-Dungeons-and-Dragons-B ... otohosting

YIM  

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 10:53 pm 

deimos3428 wrote:Probably not something you'd want to play these days, but somebody might find it collectible:

I played the Hell out of that game when I was a Teenager (oops! reveals age)

J

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 6:18 pm 

[quote]I played the Hell out of that game when I was a Teenager (oops! reveals age)

[quote]

Don't run out of arrows :D 8) that has memories of 1983 all over it.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 7:03 pm 

deimos3428 wrote:Probably not something you'd want to play these days, but somebody might find it collectible:

Such Intellivision cartridges are fairly common on eBay. I still own a huge Intellivision cartridge collection, all purchased at that console's time.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 7:18 pm 

UK auction with a very rough looking 4th print white box set and all the supps all with lizard logos:

Dungeons and Dragons Set | eBay

There is a also an early JG dungeoneer in there as well.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:31 pm 

Anyone ever seen something like this before?

Dungeons Dragons Puzzle | eBay

Appears authentic...

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:27 pm 

UK auction, 5th printing Blackmoor under $10 and less than 1 day to go:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... RK:MEWA:IT

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 3:38 am 

I really don't do minis....how common is this one?

DENIZENS of the SWAMP c 1980 Grenadier Boxed Fig Set | eBay

Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 84 of 111123 ... 81, 82, 83, 84, 85 ... 109110111